Void
>desktop:
Gentoo
>server/nas:
Slackware
>Just Werks™
Antregos or Oboonto

*Antergos

LUbuntu, its lightweight and does almost everything i want it to, might switch to something else though

Arch

Source Mage GNU/Linux. Pure power to the wizards.

Whichever one suits your purpose best

Frnosm

Solus
It just werks

What's the bloody deal on the hate on systemd?

I really don't have a clue.
Googling it gets me to ppl blabbering about it being bad, but not why.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd

Do some reading and don't let Sup Forums give you a soundbite opinion on the subject.

>Give a distro and i will find whats wrong with it.

There is no perfect distro, you just choose one what has pros important for you and cons what you can tolerate.

Not OP.

Void
Lubuntu

Ubuntu MATE. Great hardware support (the only Ubuntu which can see my wi-fi and printer).

Nice old-school DE which doesn't feel minimal and is still in active development.

Every package on earth is available for your system.
- - -
It's the only distro right know which I can honestly recommend to anybody. Everything just werks. If it doesn't - you can get plenty of support online because you are using the most popular distro.

>Stallman has autism
>his autism makes him hate software (and other system utilities) that doesn't fall in line with his ideals with an extreme fervor
>the next in the long list of such software and utilities is systemd
>because some people have the same or similar kind of autism Stallman has and deliberately use software that makes life difficult for them like the idea, they jump on the bandwagon, and keep saying it's horseshit even though most of its flaws were fixed (kind of)
>be you, reading this thread

Fedora or Ubuntu. They can do everything that autism distros can do but they don't require it. You will never find a company using arch or gentoo outside of servers or integrated systems because they are inherently unreliable systems and require time that could be better spent elsewhere. Configuring a system for the sake of configuring is a good learning exercise but a waste of time for most users, even from the perspective of linux server administration. Even kernel developers generally run Fedora/Redhat/Centos, Debian/Ubuntu, or one of the other mainstream distros.

-Debian everywhere (with appropriate choice of the update channel depending on use case)
-Debian/Slackware on server/NAS (If True nixes are allowed then OpenBSD fits in this category too).

parabola

Distro doesn't matter.

Void - You must set up shit after instalation. Not user friendly. Not for begineers.

Lubuntu - No compositing

So I've read some of the rants about it.
There's one thing that's coming up the most, that's about not being in control, I'm not a sysadmin so that should not be the problem for me.

Second, it is getting bloated
Third, it's sorta bugged
Fourth, it does not really fit in the Linux way of computing.

But besides that, there's no reason to evade systemd if you just want to browse some Web, program a few line code and do some tinkering.

Mint, because it just works

Ubuntu 12.04

Sexy. Too bad, my rms nudes are on my other rig.

openSUSE
-installation wizard
-GUI for system configuration (YaST)
-system restore with Btrfs and Snapper
-stable and rolling release

Best: the one I use
Worst: the one you use

For wat nig

PUPPY LINUX
PUPPY LINUX
PUPPY LINUX