Switching from Windows to Linux. What's the worst Linux distro? I want to know so I can stay away from it

Switching from Windows to Linux. What's the worst Linux distro? I want to know so I can stay away from it.

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html
gnu.org/gnu/gnu-users-never-heard-of-gnu.html
gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html
dedoimedo.com/computers/opensuse-42-3.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Your least favorite. Go to the /sqt/

linux

>Switching from Windows to Linux

Use mint if you want familiarity, Ubuntu if you want an all new environment.

gentoo

gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html
gnu.org/gnu/gnu-users-never-heard-of-gnu.html
gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html

Arch

install juche

the best: the one i'm using
the worst: the one you choose

Not even memeing. Arch is awesome. Look up the AUR. You also get all of the most up to date packages.

openSUSE

don't do this

imperialist dog detected

this thread is bait.

Fedora
>inb4 fedora shills

this

Juche is the only good operating system

>the worst linux distro

How about Damn Vulnerable Linux. All the worst security vulnerabilites. And as a bonus it hasn't been maintained since 2012.

Arch or anything source based. Use Mint, Ubuntu, Debian, or Fedora. The last two are not for retards.

Arch is nice because it makes you learn a little more about your system and autists are always packing the AUR with good stuff

Fedora is the best for just werks if memorizing config files for arch is too much on the spectrum for you

fuck off, fedora is better than any distro you can make.

D A M A G E C O N T R O L
A
M
A
G
E

C
O
N
T
R
O
L

I don't know what any of that means but as a minted man I'm honestly too dumb to find out.

all of them
have fun configuring garbage that windows can set up in seconds

unironically this. avoid gentoo unless you have autism also (although it's fantastic if you are autistic enouh)

t. gentoo user

ubuntu

Arch

/thread

arch was shit, is shit and always be shit

My humble opinion is that Fedora and Debian are so outdone by Ubuntu that they aren't worth considering for a newbie who doesn't know he wants Debian. R.I.P Ian Murdoch.

distrowatch.com

everything in the top 10 is fine

Fedora felt very badly put together.
openSUSE Leap had the worst performance than any other distro (because of an ancient kernel). Tumbleweed exploded after the first update.

You should try Antergos. It gives a similar experience like Windows 8.1. Easy to use, perfect if you want to replace Windows but don't want to fuck around with thousands distros and not working things.

Note: Linux can't replace Windows currently, if you need games or complex applications like Vegas Pro. For basic browsing it is perfect.

Redhat:

>costs money to even read support articles
>out of date packages
>infested with syndromeD
>patient zero for the pulseaudio and now pipewire

wanted to try because Arch without tedious setup but even live system couldn't launch on any of my machines (Arch works great)

Any of the well known distros will work pretty well out of the box. But in specific use cases, some are better than others. If you run into some issue for your specific use case, Ubuntu will be easily the best distro since there are so many other users that may have had your problem and posted a solution online.

>exploded
what do you mean by this?

stay far away from any of the FSF certified ones

i think you have that confused, openSUSE is best (unless you're that one idiot who can't figure out the installer and is still mad)

Avoid anything obscure that nobody uses. Stick to the main ones: Ubuntu, Debian, Arch, Gentoo, Fedora, OpenSuse. I recommend Ubuntu if you're a total beginner, but switch to Arch when you feel more comfortable.

Red star os

openPEPE is bad, though.
Leap is bad in terms of hardware support and perfomance because it uses an ancient kernel and Tumbleweed is a dumpster fire if you are using something different from Nvidia + Intel because every kernel update can make your system unbootable. Also, the distro where you have to change half of the settings to make it somehow work - can't be the best.

Still better than Fedora, though.

It's not a very old kernel version, no. I think 42.2 is on like 4.4 with patches. No hardware support issues from that. Tumbleweed is arch tier bleeding edge and basically just werks. Now they've gotten nvidia support up to speed with that, too. I don't know what settings you're referring to changing either. Shit just always works. OBS is second only to AUR, too.

Also yes, fuck Fedora.

here's a recent review of Leap. I'm not on board with everything but he has some viable points
dedoimedo.com/computers/opensuse-42-3.html
>I don't know what settings you're referring to changing either.
Wicked trash. It made my system to boot slower and had some problems with conecting to Wi-Fi. Once I've changed it to NetworkManager (which every other distro uses) everything is alright. Also, they do have some problems with an installer. I choosed a custom installation with GNOME. By default it boots into a fucking iceWm - I had to change display manger/autologin settings to make GNOME with GDM work. Also, all these fuckery with fonts, codecs. etc. because of amuricas laws is tedious (easier than in Fedora).

Ah yeah wicked is a bit iffy, especially default configs, but makes 100% sense in enterprise setups they're aiming at. NM is always worse in every way when I try and use it though. I don't remember what the default DM is but just werked for me. The 3rd party stuff has a dedicated official unofficial repo that has the nonfree shit for you. Same goes with literally every other distro ever.

Good bate bub

most aur packages just download from github and compile
you can do this without aur on every fucking distro

ian murdercock is plowing your mama in hell

also
>Amazon.combuntu
lolno

Ubuntu, run by Canonical and funded by Amazon (hence the Amazon botnet search and advertisements).

But what if he chooses the one you got?

You can remove it dummy