IPhone X price justified by amount of innovation

youtube.com/watch?v=fOhYdILUfqg

Sup Forums btfo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6SbyHukbBZc
extremetech.com/mobile/256090-apples-new-a11-bionic-packs-one-hell-wallop
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No one is going to want to use that ugly piece of excrement.

>justified by CEO
are you even trying user?

yes, he is indeed trying to shill for PocketNow

Can someone photoshop the top bar out?

youtu.be/6SbyHukbBZc

>one mans opinion
>little innovation

side bezels are huge for what they should be

What it has
>Screen
>Face scanner
>Camera

What other phones have
>Fingerprint scanner
>Face scanner
>Physical home buttons
>No cut out
>Fair price
>Real innovation and not doing something that's already done but do it worse then say it's innovation

check the archives someone did in a past thread

Piece
Of
Shit

>Real innovation and not doing something that's already done but do it worse then say it's innovation
for example ? apple always adapted but they made it better

>The cut out
>"Retina" at a below average resolution
I can't be arsed listing all of it

What do you actually expect from the phone? Innovation? Reliability? Tons of features that you aren't gonna use? Or superior emoji support? Literally any other phone is good enough unless you like feeding the botnet.

Welcome to 2015 fellow braindead iToddlers!

There’s no (0) phone on the market rn that does face recognition properly, like the iPhone. The difference is day and night, imagine the first non-Apple fingerprint scanners compared to Touch ID or modern ones. That’s the magnitude of the difference.

Samsung’s for instance gets btfo’d by a a fucking selfie on a screen.

so what happens when you get a screenshot in iphone x? how does the pic look? is there bar or what?

>innovation

(You)

CPU in the iPhone X is faster than most Windows laptops. Android is slooooooowwwww.......

Just tested the X in the simulator and the black bar isn't as inconvenient as i'd have thought... it's still pretty stupid though.
Swiping up for home doesn't work reliably it seems

>Make sure you make our flat tire equivalent stand out as hard as possible

When you can't even make even the fucking calculator look decent you might want to rethink your design

>just catching up to other flagships
>innovation

>a powerful cpu in a phone actually helping
>not just turning battery life into heat

lel.

we're well beyond diminishing returns in mobile cpu performance for everyday tasks.

extremetech.com/mobile/256090-apples-new-a11-bionic-packs-one-hell-wallop

>cpu is important in a phone
>my performance is that much better in real world

get the fuck out of here with that bullshit already. no one cares if your phone can benchmark higher, in the real world it doesn't perform tasks any better and comes at the expense of battery life.

>we're well beyond diminishing returns in mobile cpu performance for everyday tasks.

"Cell phones are a mature product, Apple won't be able to differentiate themselves with anything new, so their phone will fail."
- Less than a month before the iPhone was introduced.

>in the real world it doesn't perform tasks any better and comes at the expense of battery life.

Says who? When has Apple ever underperformed on battery life?

Nice try Kapeesh

when you have to charge one multiple times daily while performing basic tasks.

everytime they release a new os.

>iPhone X - Overview - iOS Human Interface Guidelines
>Don't mask or call special attention to key display features. Don't attempt to hide the device's rounded corners, sensor housing, or indicator for accessing the Home screen by placing black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. Don't use visual adornments like brackets, bezels, shapes, or instructional text to call special attention to these areas either.

>Don't attempt to hide the device's rounded corners, sensor housing

w o w

they haven't differentiated themselves. so you're arguing against an argument saying their product is the same as every other product. with the same arguement.

kek

>thinking a more powerful processor wont eat into a battery that hasn't been upgraded in the last 3 models.

ALL cell phones are iPhone knockoffs. You can't buy one that isn't.

>>when you have to charge one multiple times daily while performing basic tasks."

My old 4s still lasts all day. I've never had my iPhone 6s run out of power.

>>
in the real world it doesn't perform tasks any better

People edit 4k video on their phones. Well maybe as an Android user you didn't know that.

It's only a matter of time until GNOME devs will tell you that your programs have to fit in their brand image too.

An instruction set architecture (ISA) is an abstract model of a computer. It is also referred to as architecture or computer architecture. A realization of an ISA is called an implementation. An ISA permits multiple implementations that may vary inperformance, physical size, and monetary cost (among other things); because the ISA serves as the interface between software and hardware. Software that has been written for an ISA can run on different implementations of the same ISA. This has enabled binary compatibility between different generations of computers to be easily achieved, and the development of computer families. Both of these developments have helped to lower the cost of computers and to increase their applicability. For these reasons, the ISA is one of the most important abstractions in computing today.

An ISA defines everything a machine language programmer needs to know in order to program a computer. What an ISA defines differs between ISAs; in general, ISAs define the supported data types, what state there is (such as the main memory and registers) and their semantics (such as the memory consistency and addressing modes), the instruction set(the set of machine instructions that comprises a computer's machine language), and the input/output model.

Overview Edit

An instruction set architecture is distinguished from a microarchitecture, which is the set ofprocessor design techniques used, in a particular processor, to implement the instruction set. Processors with different microarchitectures can share a common instruction set. For example, the Intel Pentium and the Advanced Micro Devices Athlon implement nearly identical versions of the x86 instruction set, but have radically different internal designs.

The concept of an architecture, distinct from the design of a specific machine, was developed by Fred Brooksat IBM during the design phase of System/360.

Here is my iPhone 6, and Android tablet that came free with it. I could have paid a bit more and got an iPad instead, but I was hoping that there would be things an Android could do better.

Instead the device is totally going to waste, and I'm sad about that. But the fact is that iPhones are just much more useful than Android.

umm, sweetie... if you want your 'app' to look organically in GNOME 3 environment, you shouldn't be a drumpy and better make it look native ;)
by all means, use your own out of place controls, nobody's stopping you from keeping your you-nee-q scrambled eggs-tier UI as it is, but don't be surprised that keen users won't touch your abortion with a ten foot pole
Failing to look native in a specific design environment usually signals that the developer is incompetent and inconsiderate of end user. Your average dev is un-fucking-able of designing UI that'd look good the same on all platforms with zero adjustments, so they have to follow guidelines, but some of them are so user-hostile that they can't properly do that, make stupid mistakes, use non-native elements, don't even understand why they should abide by guidelines, or just outright ignore them, shipping their 'program' as is.

no one outside of a sheer retarded hobbyist edits video on their phone, it's neither cost effective nor power effective. as a person who lives in the real fucking world i understand there's a right machine for each job and a phone isn't the one for video editing.

>(((innovation)))
>All it needs to do is make and receive phone calls

but
>normie idea of "editing a video" is trimming it and adding holographic hot dog
So?
>in real fucking world
lmao

you don't need excessive processing power to trim a video. you just invalidated your whole argument.

>i understand there's a right machine for each job and a phone isn't the one for video editing.

Well YOUR phone isn't, but an iPhone is. The "real fucking world" has deadlines, and sometimes there is no time to run to your car and dig out your laptop.

It's justified because you can probably still sell it for $800+ next year and get the newer iPhone.

>perform main work tasks on a phone.

in the real world you know your deadlines and you plan accordingly. not everyone is a shit planner and has to try to do a half ass job with the wrong tools.

your arguments are weak.

>buy a piece of shit to sell to buy another piece of shit
Totally justfied apple shill

using an iphone to complete my work would be like using a hammer to pound in screws. yeah it might work but it won't be right or attractive.

by innovation you mean what they copied from other companies.

>Geekbench
Oh, so that benchmark that heavily favours ARM CPUs over x86 is saying an ARM CPU performs well? Colour me surprised.

>in the real world you know your deadlines and you plan accordingly.

In the real world "Before the other guy or it's worthless" is a common deadline.

If it justified the amount of innovation it would be free. It's just a merger of Essential phone and Galaxy S6 with a shittier OS, lower res screen and an even bigger retardo notch.

>Oh, so that benchmark that heavily favours ARM CPUs over x86 is saying an ARM CPU performs well? Colour me surprised.

And why do you think no one ever uses x86 in a phone? ...or indeed ANYWHERE where windows isn't needed?

if the other guy gives me a finished product that looks better than yours a little later than you, he's still going to beat you out.

You've never taken a journalism class, have you?

do you even know who the CEO is?

>"""""innovation"""""
L M F A O
M
F
A
O

What's funnier is that it took them nearly 10 years for fucking gifs to work properly. Last iOS software only showed still images, now they're actually animated.

What a fucking world we live in