30 PEOPLE

30 PEOPLE

Apple Inc's iPhone 8 launch in Sydney, one of the first cities to access the product in Australia, saw a bleak turnout as fans held out for the soon-to-be-released premium iPhone X.

Hundreds of people usually gather at Apple's Sydney city store with queues winding down the town's main street, George Street, when there is a new product release. On Friday, there were fewer than 30 people lining up before the store opened, according to a Reuters witness.

THIRTY

why would anyone queue when you can just preorder?

only because the latest residents of Chinkney can use their guanxi to get it directly from Foxconn

Announcing two new phones in one day was a mistake.

Christ, they really have no idea what to do without Jobs.

New management, unless old management was complete garbage, is always complete garbage, simply because rather than doing what they know is right, they try to avoid “living up to their predecessor’s legacy” and try to “leave their own mark.” So they deliberately take everything the old guys did good, and fuck it up until it can’t be recognized anymore.

>Buying an $1800 dollar phone outright

Top fucking kek

>he thinks people still queue for apple products
>implying demand can't be met
>implying people don't get it delivered to their work
>implying people buy phones outright

>He thinks he's getting a good deal buying it """"subsidised"""" by a major telco on 24 month plan
LMAO

>implying demand can't be met
What demand?

No but if you think people here buy iPhones outright then you're pretty delusional. Everyone finances

>$1920/24 months for $80 optus plan
>phone is $1079 outright
>$40 byo plan x 24 months
>$960 + $1079 for phone
>$2039

wow getting bamboozled by the carriers!

only pro is you get some freedom but the carriers all let you switch after 12months if you return it and pay like $149

>inb4 $40 byo is too much and you find some $9 bs

>Apple sold 41.03 million iPhones during the fiscal third quarter of 2017

>$40 plan
>1GB data

lmao

This is the power of Australian telcos

Optus has unmetered spotify and $40 is generally 3GB data

15GB actually.

It's BYO plan

i was just saying you're paying more, yes you get more data but don't act like carriers are fleecing you

the $80/month is $65 plan + $15 for the phone with 7GB data

I buy them outright, but I live in Australia, not the US, I think it works differently there

Do you guys even look at plans?

I'm Australian as well. Everyone pays $100/month for snapchat boxes

ITT: all of us aussies complain about absurd telco pricing

When will we all get unlimited mobile plans like the US or europe?

It's funny but my bills aren't any cheaper whether I sub a phone or not.

I pay 30 a month, but I really only need some data and calling/texting, since I'm on WiFi most days and when I'm out i don't sit on my phone
Never, because unlimited is too much for our copper cables to handle

unlimited plans in the US are trash

they cap videos to 480p and they're not unlimited most are 25-50gb and they cap your speed

Who cares about plans when they can price everything absurdly and get away with it

Could you both even be any more armchair expert than this? Monumental cringe there lads. You've probably got