Are these a meme?

Are these a meme?
Should I get one of these to roam around my carpeted room all day cleaning up?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.ros.org/Robots/Roomba
youtube.com/watch?v=GYFs3f7xf7c
youtube.com/watch?v=LKuCwoNY2E4
nytimes.com/2017/07/25/technology/roomba-irobot-data-privacy.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The new ones might be in terms of being overpriced but I got a 530 series for $60 and I almost never vacuum. The secret of the roomba is that it goes over the surface again and again. It won't look like it will get it first try but if you let it run, it's great. I dunno if the new ones have a better vacuum but all those useless features are bullshit like controlling it from your phone

If you want to get one, get something with the SLAM algorithm which makes it roam in a methodical manner and not randomly which will cause it to miss spots.

I was thinking about the 690 which appears to use SLAM
about $350

You wants a Sony Walkman to clean your room?

They're pretty nice, but you need to be OCD about keeping your floor free of socks, cords, etc.
I ran mine on a schedule daily for a while, and emptied out the bin when I'd get home. Did this for about a week at a time in each room, and it was horrifying how much shit it'd pull out of the carpets and rugs - they were a couple of shades lighter after a week.
Now I just let it loose in each room once every other week or so.

ok you just sold me one

Replace the carpet with wood or composite so you don't have to vacuum.

Carpet is fucking nasty.

My gf's mom's boyfriend's dog sheds everywhere like crazy so they got one of the cheaper ones because it was getting annoying vacuuming 24/7. It worked pretty well but it was only a sweeper, so they traded it in and got an expensive one with the vacuum and sweeper and its a godsend. the floors are aways clean now so long as we let it run for a while

Yes OP! I have the base model Roomba, seriously it's all you need. Works a treat, best investment ever.

Next time just call it your dog cos who owns it isn't relevant and that took my mental nrg to understand

I had one, it is a meme.
There is software for it, so you can play with it
wiki.ros.org/Robots/Roomba
But as a product you purchase and then turn on, it is a meme.
I also pretty much used it like But mine was an older model, so I had to start it manually which just meant I hit play on my way out.

>price
It costs about twice as much as a regular vacuum or the same price as a really good one.
>lifespan
It lasts about 2-3 years.
>speed
It is incredibly slow.
If you program yourself, you can drastically improve this though.
With the stock options, it takes about an hour to clean my apartment. When I use a regular vacuum, it takes me 10 minutes
>noise
The robot is a lot less noisy than a regular vacuum.
But it is still loud.
Cleaning while you are home is worse since it goes on for a longer time.
>results
The cleaning is okay, but I wouldn't say it is great.
It has some obvious limitations like you can't clean up a large mess in a concentrated spot, you can't remove cobwebs etc.

I would recommend that you get one if you already take good care of your home, you already have a regular vacuum and this will just keep things more clean for you.
I wouldn't recommend it as a replacement.

t:lazy anglo with low hygienic standards
Just vacuum you lazy bum

I've got that exact mode. It's pretty good.
Takes a while to vacuum and sometimes it gets stuck behind things if you're not careful, but otherwise it's great.

I sweep and mop.
There is no carpet in my entire house.

But then the house lacks finesse

Yeah well carpet is nice especially in the winter but I'm allergic to dust mites and I have a dog so everything is leather and wood/laminate.

I have one of the warehouse club versions of this model. You'll be surprised how much dust you pull out of your carpet if you run it daily. Cheeto crumb orange carpets will be a thing of the past

I bought one to help combat my crushing loneliness and depression. I pretend its my friend

Put googly eyes on it and its okay

You still have to vacuum laminate you disgusting tripfag, do you have a robovac for that?

I'd buy one just cuz they're so cute

youtube.com/watch?v=GYFs3f7xf7c

ill be ur friend

You shouldn't conflate virginity and being unhealthy with loneliness and depression.

Find a girl who often irritates people with socially inappropriate responses, she probably has assburgers. Do something nice for her once, she will probably wonder if you like her and will have an inappropriately strong emotional response that she will try and dismiss due to repeated rejection. At this point you will want to talk to any other girl but her while she is around. Eventually she will do something fucking retarded like ask your help with something stupid just to get you to pay attention to her. At this point you will want to talk about something you heard her rambling about to someone else. She will immediately start rambling. After she slows down she will probably start to be uncomfortable and retreat.

Then go home and masturbate furiously because asking her out would result in sex but the relationship would be a fucking nightmare.

youtube.com/watch?v=LKuCwoNY2E4

Vacuums just blow shit around in the air and get dead skin on everything, I prefer using a broom.

That's why you get a vacuum cleaner with HEPA filter

Good idea, that broom will never put anything in the air. I use a leafblower for the same reason

But my broom was 8 dollars and it fits on the side of the fridge.

I also don't have to plug it in or make a horrendous noise.

I got an chuwi A4, best purchase ever. Didn't need to vacuum in 4 months

Does anyone here have a cat that rides on one?

I have one with a laser rangefinder that systematically navigates rooms. works well. my apartment is clean and I don't have to vacuum myself.
friends have one which chaotically bumps itself through the rooms. didn't work so well, now it catches dust itself.

This
I don't know how you can deal with dust mite allergies without vacuuming, I need to hoover and steam my laminate fairly regularly to make things not awful.

>carpet
>having any kind of finesse over an engineered wood floor
lmao

I mop with ammonia after I sweep to get the dust up.

I don't have that, but I got myself a
W-I-F-E

Works well. You need to hit it sometimes tho if it's being difficult. Old technology.

I hope you wax your floor at least once a couple of months.

But actually if I had a steam cleaning machine I would probably use that.

Any living room without a carpet around the couch area looks like shit

I don't the floors need to be resealed badly.

The hardwood is totally fucked.

I have a wood floor but I still need to sweep pretty often. Do roombas work on hard surfaces? Does anything else? I hate sweeping even if it only takes a few minutes.

A roomba is way cheaper

I dunno, I hate trying to vacuum hardwood and laminate, sweeping is way easier.

I don't want to pay a few hundred bucks for something my dog will likely destroy.

Xiaomi robot owner here. Do it. Best thing ever.

Harsh chemicals is a no for me, steam cleaners are great for that as you only need water, plus mine cost like £25 which is nothing.

>Not having a wooden floor and a leaf blower to blow it out the door every once in a while.

No but they are probably botnet:
nytimes.com/2017/07/25/technology/roomba-irobot-data-privacy.html