Apply for a job

>apply for a job
>they want a code sample
>don't have a portfolio or whatever, just uni assignments from way back in the day

what can I make in like 4 hours that will impress them? I'm gonna use C or C++ since that's what they asked for in the job description.

Other urls found in this thread:

nalresearch.com/
indeed.com/cmp/ACR-Electronics,-Inc./jobs/Software-Engineer-d43f537b2f598c4f?sjdu=QwrRXKrqZ3CNX5W-O9jEvRFd8FQI4DEv5V74lSpSnHbkNuenhlUcvMO9eEKtyjIym8Q8gwHJHQFBH6w-YKYRbw
indeed.com/cmp/Nal-Research-Corporation/jobs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Blackjack

What kind of company is it?

Here's their website: nalresearch.com/

Here's the job posting: indeed.com/cmp/ACR-Electronics,-Inc./jobs/Software-Engineer-d43f537b2f598c4f?sjdu=QwrRXKrqZ3CNX5W-O9jEvRFd8FQI4DEv5V74lSpSnHbkNuenhlUcvMO9eEKtyjIym8Q8gwHJHQFBH6w-YKYRbw

>C or C++
Start over.

Yes goyim
More abstractions goyim
More frameworks goyim
More bloat goyim

1) Just give them some random crap from the Lunix kernel or other FOSS project

Make a quick peer to peer chat program. Create a form to accept host information, start the connection, and a form that can join connections. Make sure it's secure in all areas, use proper variables scope and garbage collections. Don't reinvent the wheel, use resources that are available to you including external libraries. Remember that companies want efficiency, scalability and good documentation. Don't use some hip new shit. Don't use archaic shit either.

Get it done, get it done quickly.

They also asked for C# but I don't really know that (I know some Java and I hear they're similar?) but it's a bit too late to git gud with something else

That's a lot of different fucking responsibilities for a job that starts at $55k

welcome to the embedded software meme in the current year

I’m gonna take the job out from under you bub, get fukt

go for it my dude, I'm kinda thinking about getting out of embedded entirely

indeed.com/cmp/Nal-Research-Corporation/jobs
>There are currently no open jobs

To do what?

A calculator :^)

what language would you recommend. and how would you make it more secure.

ray tracer or a fractal explorer

>apply for job
>no portfolio other than my university project
>share the code with the company
>university can sue me
WTF!

>C or C++
>4 hours
>finish something

Is this some kind of elaborate "pick 2" joke?

This.

Didn't you do any large projects during uni? I'm not even a CS major but i wrote a lot of code for my projects that i keep on my github.

Give 1 (one) excuse for null terminated strings.

>Manassas
Ayy 703 reporting in we must be close.

No retarded string library bloat. The literal one downside is O(n) size lookup

Keeping track of the size is not bloat.
Having functions like concat is not bloat.

Whenever I use C, I use string libraries too. char* alone is a retarded way to handle strings.

It takes a maximum of 8 bytes to be able to keep track of the size of a string as large as the totality of the addressable space.
The choice C took has left us thousands of exploits instead.

They ask for 1 year experience as a Dev you retard

>What language would you suggest
>I'm gonna use C C++

>Programming firmware in C
>Programming Windows applications in C++ and C#

no kidding.

don't let the naysayers put you off. This is clearly an "opening" listing, an experienced dev wouldn't do all that shit for 55k.

also
>Use CAD engineering software to perform software development and test

how does one use CAD to develop software? I'm not into embedded but that just sounds like some HR fuck being a moron.

fizz buzz

Use pascal strings instead nigger.
struct string { size_t size; char data[]; };

Write a raytracer you mang

maybe they mean Simulink? which I know isn't CAD but it's the closest thing I can think of that you can actually use for software development.

What is this, stack overflow?

C is some hard shit to learn. It's not like python were there are nice libraries for everything. In C theres nothing done for you. I've read mutiple C books and they all say the same thing "Fuck You"

t. dumbfuck

I just emailed them a screenshot of this thread

I cannot fathom why you thought it would be a smart idea to post this on Sup Forums. We can all contact them to tell them you're a brainlet who asked for advice on Sup Forums. I won't bother though because I'm too lazy.

oh im not OP. but the project sounds interesting and i think i am capable of making it.

bullshit. In the end it is your code if you wrote it and had the idea for it. As long as you didn't sign any contract with your univerity everything is fine.

make a ai bot that posts on Sup Forums and learns from (you)s

Why don't you have a github?

Just install gentoo and show them.

dude ffs just program some fizzbuzz and send it to them normies don't read code they'll just be fascinated by the numbers

>implying you actually need to fulfill all the requirements to get a job