Computer engineering is hands down the best degree

computer engineering is hands down the best degree
you can compete with compsci cucks AND Electrical engineering cucks.

you will be out of a job within the next 25 years while everything will be managed by compsci gods.
keep being in denial, that your degree choice is terrible and has no future.
can't wait to see shit like you on the street begging for some coins

Yeah OP, you will be giving up your coin slot for money.
>Haha

If you did CE you would know how wrong you are.
It's too bad.

>EE does hardware better than CE
>CS does software better than CE

Have fun getting cuck'd from every direction lmao

>Neither know how a computer works
That's where ce master race comes in

CStards can't write firmware

Good luck studying your ass off to end up as a webdev anyway. Of all my friends that I know who went to computer engineering only one end up with embedded systems.

I can write your mom

*unzips dick*

there are 2 vendors world wide that write as an example bios firmware. that has not evolved from any technical point since the past 25 years or even longer.

EE will design a certain standard, it will be fed to an automation software which prints out boards, this is already the case today. CS will write the necessary software for it. computer engineers are just a shitshow inbetween, incapable of doing either well as mentioned.

>Technical side
CE is essentially EE without the power electronics but programming instead. nothing of value is lost in our scope

and of course, CE does firmware, aka low level programming languages like Assembly, and considering low level languages re at least twice as hard as object oriented shit, an assembly programmer can easily pick up and master the entirety of C/C++ faster than tyrone picks up your girlfriend, you CS codemonkey subhuman.

in other words, when it comes to computers, nobody beats CE, especially not compsci codemonkeys who can't even figure out how why their boot button is not working.

Now, mr pajeet, let's talk about about the career side of this shit

There is an abundance of of Compsci and EE fags everywhere which is why you retards keep whining about being jobless/webdev (Despite CS careers not requiring a degree, just figure out how to answer the interview)
However being able to do both is valuable

>bios firmware
and computer parts firmware
and SIGINT
and pretty much anything that requires microcontrollers and microprocessors like phones and every electronic that isn't a fucking lamp.

of course, better let a CE ruin the hardware with shitty implementation because they don't know enough about decent software architecture or security. fucking classic CE. any faggot can write asm or c, the point is that you do something that's not complete garbage, and this is where most CE fail, because they produce hacky shit that no sane CS would even want touch/fix.

>assembly programmer can easily pick up and master the entirety of C/C++ faster than tyrone picks up your girlfriend

KEK
Mathematics and algorithms , good construction and design practices are far more complex than writting
shitty spagetty code in ASM.

Everymonkey can wrote in fucking assembly spaggety.

I also remember when I was 14 years old and thought that ASM was the hardest and coolest shit
and that being a good programmer was programing in ASM with the lowest number of instructions,
using the most clever and obscure solutions to even basic problems to gain a 0.000002% of speed time.

>CE IS JUST BAD (with no explanation why): the post
fuck off pajeet

>OOP IS SERIOUS BUZNESS GUYS.

>TFW european EE includes all the subject matters from US CE, and includes Low level Programing with Object Oriented Programing as well.

Which basically gives you the tools to do anything compsi assholes do.

Sure makes you wonder why you need CE in the US.

Underrated post

i did explain but your cancerous ignorance can not be reasoned with. you just confirm that you are in denial

your shitpost is worthless as your life, how about you end both?

1.The sheer abundance of people with CS degree, everybody and his mother is studying CS and easily graduating. (which is why most time people end up as webdevs, jobless, will-code-for-food conditions, etc)
2.Half the CS jobs in the market don't even require a degree anyway. (which means picking up a book about C++ can set you better than 90% of CS "graduates" who became monkeyslaves)

these two facts should tell how shit CS is

Also, at least i know how my fucking hardware.

what country?

CE probably knows about programming as much as CS does, or at least 95% of it anyway

An EE, CE, or CS degree has no professional standards. Contrast with Mechanical or Structural engineers, a law degree, a medical degree, who all earn government recognized licenses.

Didn't one of you just get shot by some cops?

All this retarded amerifags who have computer science because informatik was already taken. Suck my eurodick

CpEs do embedded systems hardware, AKA anything from a radio all the way to a fucking space shuttle.

Every single computer part/router/phone you own had it's firmware not written by a CompSci or Software engineering major, they do high level OOP stuff, writing on microcontrollers/processors is not their specialization, that's a CpE job, because a CPE actually knows his hardware whereas your average compsci can't clean his own PC parts

As long as electronics use microprocessors CpEs will exist and will be in demand.

Don't fall for the meme. Go into mechanical engineering or computer science.

Portugal, Spain, France and Germany.

this. american education as usual is just pure shit and simplification of everything because they're all brainlets

>going into STEM
enjoy being a monkey the rest of your life

t. humanities masterrace

Large fries and a fountain drink please.

Why don't these clothes fit it says S and i'm only 299 pounds it should fit!

>not going into mechanical engineering
>not being able to compete with literally everyone

yea but if you cant program for shit, who gives a fuck if you can turn a screwdriver? so can literally any other dumbfuck on the planet.

>can't program for shit
THATS THE THING NIGGER

CEs are EEs who can CODE, needless to say they also code firmware which is harder than OOP shit so they're objectively better programmers

Im a current CE n i would just like to say that do CE is you are absolutely sure that is what you want to do. Low lang prog desu is now pretty obsolete due to compilers becoming more and more advanced. People write bios in c now ffs. Imo cs topics are way more interesting: machine learning, info retrieval, natural lang proccessing, etc...

Euro here, what are the lowest level things CS majors learn?

>compete with muh electrical engineering

keep telling yourself that kiddo

>make hardware
>can't make firmware for it
woops

I'm a Software Engineering major.
What does that make me?

>comparing personal projects to the workforce
nice

>EE
>no standards
>what is p.eng

>mech e
Do you really think an extra thermo class is going to help you into digital systems programming?

>Getting paid 2x more to 1/2 of the work

t.wrekd

>coding firmware makes you inherently superior at coding
Yes, they are superior at coding firmware. But unless they have experience in other things like web/app/game/whatever else development they'll be shite.
I know it's a difficult concept for you, but there's this thing called something being just "different", not better or worse, just different.

MFW americunts only know about EE or CE.
MFW my university does ECE (Electrical and Computer Engineering) and shameless sells it as both EE and CE together.

Depends my university offers basically everything in every Major.
You can study Micro's if you want or you can basically go full theoretical and programing.
Honestly a decent programmer goes for ECE which addresses all programing languages and hardware.

>because we split up EE and CE it makes inherently dumber
You're just desperate now aren't you? If anything by your own logic that makes the USA the superior intellect because we have so much shit to cover that we NEED to split them up.

Entry level Mcdonalds resume applications

Can someone actually explain the different things that these fields consist of? I want to know what major to pursue.

Relax. You're all equally inferior to EE. Fundamentals that propagate upward. Not just autistic specif-ism

Anything other than EE

Mcdonalds pre-approved burger flipper

major doesn't matter

>He think a p.eng in ME or SE is remotely skilled on par with a p.eng in EE

>hurr dhurr anything i dun lik is STOOPID
Consider suicide.

But you're not taught to write software. Every CS person I've met has been shit at it.
You will have a solid foot in academia and teaching obviously.

I live by Hill Air Force Base and they specifically requested Weber to create a ce degree since they were tired of having so many ee without any programming experience

>EE
>pretty much everything that has to do with electricity, circuits, installation, power, etc

>CS
>programming and pretty much the software side of computers

>CE
>95% of both

So EE and CS are useless? or do they have shit to distinguish them from CE

Hardly stupid. EE is just a more general base than CE or CS. As a result EEs are less useful when they first graduate as they have more fundamentals but less in depth knowledge. Over time the good EEs will touch a lot of different shit from hardware, firmware and low level software and become proficient with all. instead of you know... being just code monkeys.

t.pajeetstandin

Enjoy that cs degree while you can

CS is much deeper in math. EE covers electronics in greater depth.

My brother did CE and beat out CS code monkeys for a comfy SE job. literally anyone can pick up CS skills online

you could say so. EE and CE are just a little more specified into their fields

like the only EE thing CE doesn't have is power electronics so yeah

especially if you're a european you can go ECE which means you get to learn full EE plus most CS and then you're like a electrical engineer who can code and employers would suck your cock

Wasn't implying that EEs were stupid, just that these specific anons are autists.
I have two friends in EE and they're fucking geniuses. But that doesn't give you the right to shit on everyone else because you're smart in just your field.

CS is basic entry level with huge competition and little to expand a career path into

EE is medium entry level with huge competition and shitloads of career paths to expand into

CE is 95% effort of both, with 5% of the career possibilities

>with 5% of the career possibilities
implying you wouldn't suck an EE-with-programming-experience's dick if you were an employer

Do you guys think majoring in physics and CE is a shitty idea?

On a side note power electronics/automation is not prevalent at all in the largest employer field in the world

>ie. industrial

That's specifically the right you are given

EE here. OP you feel free to take all the autists that failed out of CS and think CE is the hot new degree that will get them a job. I don't want those fucking people doing EE.

I'm better off if all those morons think your degree is better.

you don't want to be hired in a factory, unless you're going to sit in a desk

Sounds pretty cool familo, you must be pretty smart then fuck, hope you have an idea for a career path with that

And CS in yuropoor isn't at all about programming, it's an applied math degree.
Also you compare some shit american community college or noname uni to yuropoor and every degree will look like shit. CS on cmu, mit and other unis that are worth something (in undergrad) is pretty much the same as yuropoor, if not better. And grad, postdoc? Burgers steamroll us in that regard.

Many US schools are the same especially older established programs. My state university splits EE and CE. The biggest differences are CE majors skip vector calc, ODE, linear algebra, and Fourier analysis courses and teaches them the math if and when they need it during courses. Obviously power, control and telecommunication courses are skipped with DSP being a possible but rare concentration (since they skipped alot of math). Instead they take many typical CS classes.

>this entire thread
Is Sup Forums just full of autists incapable of accepting the fact that the thing they like isn't inherently superior?
All you are autists, go kill yourselves.

No not a factory, just oil, nuclear, pulpmill, electrical, and other plants. You know, just the small paying areas

I don't actually have a realistic idea of career options. All I've ever read were vague generalizations of certain fields. I figured that I would have a lot of options with a physics / engineering combination. Picking an engineering field is difficult to decide on though.

I would easily advise any of these career paths mentioned of most in the thread, but saying that most are dominated by EE and CE is just being rational. You're still better than the people who hand you food through a window my little code monkey

Well I based my studying portion on the types of areas I wanted to work at and looked at what they needed. Taking extra studying with no direction could end up fucking you in the mouth if you land at a job where you only use one predominantly or not at all. Plus CE already is is heavily physics based in certain aspects, kinda redundant

Fuck I went of on a tangent in this thread, maybe I do have autism

Well I am part of that group of people who look at the plurality of different STEM fields and can't decide what to do with my life.

Well to be fair CE is already a wide cast net for job prospects, combining it with certain trades might be better for certain work enviroments such as automation or even power electronics.

This. I have a BSEE and I feel it was a theoretical degree. Broad and lots of fundamentals and theory with projects st the end of degree. Meanwhile my twin did CE and skipped many fundamental/theoretical courses but was doing cool projects way before me and could put more cool stuff on his resume. It was a much more specific and practical degree.

CE > CS

Source: I worked at a major smartphone company

A fucking homeless person told me a specified engineering degree in anything is better than CS. He knew because he was a CS major

Pretty much every non shit EE course requires you to learn programming(its also pretty close to scraps CE students pick up about programming).

Basically CE grads are only hired because they are so desperate for a job that they will produce the same hacky shit for less pay.