/wt/ - Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE
>Watch Essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ATAudjynAi0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone with taobaoFocus experience? For anyone looking into chink junghans check out Feike on ebay or Flyke on Taobao.

Post the watch you think you are the only one on /wt/ to own.
Here my Citizen NY0056.

1950s Accurist.

Is this ugly with regular 5610 module?

But plenty of my watches fit that criterion user...

Why the crown on the left?

>f8192Hz

Didn't know about this, does this mean they sweep 27 times smoother than the f300Hz?

Yeah I don't know why they did that with the crown.
The f8192 is the Omega beta 21, first production swiss quartz watch. It is an 8khz quartz oscillator (as opposed to the modern standard of 32khz). To save power, which was a big concern at ceh trying to compete with Hamilton and Bulova battery powered watches, the frequency is only reduced to 256hz by 5 frequency dividers, and then uses a tuning fork-like mechanism (it has an index wheel for example) to turn the hands at 256hz. You can in fact faintly hear the 256hz hum, like a tuning fork watch.

Check with Chinkshit General.

What are some good quality leather straps with quick-release spring bars?

How is the qualty on Meyhofer?

A gold plated raketa.

Y/N?

>Cyclops
>KAWAII NIPPON
The bracelet looks somewhat sketchy as well. What movement does it have?

No one else has what I has

better than an skx lol

Swap out the dial then we can talk

Also,

>$600
>Non-ISO certified

How on Earth can I shower with this then?

670 dollars for a monster with a 6r15? are yo fucking crazy? get the 4r36 gen 2 for fucking 200 dollars its teh same watch.

Yes, it is. Better than a Submariner too because of the price/performance/exclusivity ratio as well.

it is iso certified

How can I turn this into a dial for my Seiko?

But it's not an SKX

Make a paper ring the diameter of the desired dial and put the key on top of it in the microwave. Set the power to high and let it shape itself for 15 minutes. I promise you it will produce a perfect dial.

Question of the day, which watch will Chinese 天文nauts wear when they land on the moon this year?

I want a watch that impresses unknowing normies and maybe gets some ladies admire it aswell. Something Rich Piana -esque in it's aestetic. I know this watch will get some hate here because of little horological value, BUT it does fill in my criteria really well.
Should I go for it?

I wish you could filter anonymous IPs

ONLY THE BRAVE

At least make original baitposts. There aren't even bothersome, just frivolous.

DW-9052

This is not bait seriously.
If it's absolute utter shit, recommend me something else please.

In all seriousness, probably a Seagull chrono.

Of course it's fucking terrible but if you like then that's okay. Maybe you'll get lucky and find the only other woman in the world that likes it too.

I just want a gen 3 monster since the day date is ugly af imo

6r15

You might be better off on /fa/

The only watch a normie, male or female, would recognize and have a chance of being impressed by would be a Rolex. If you're posting *that* then obviously you can't afford even a 2nd hand one so go for one of the countless cheap imitation shitters /wt/ loves so much.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it lacks the bodybuilder watch aesthetics.

Thanks I suppose

Could an 18 year old wear this watch or would it look weird?

Well, those gold Rolex pieces are indeed out of my price range. Besidess they don't have the negative social response to them. When you wear a big hunk of gold as your watch (that is not actual gold, like diesel, invicta etc) people will judge you more than for example if you wore a pope casio. I like that in your face feel these diesel and invictas have, kind of like a social in your face and fuck your standards presentation.

So like my entire collection?

bumb

I've just recieved my new Bocтoк. I wanted to have an analog watch equally autistic to my Casio.

Does the bezel make it too thick?

>кoмня

кaмня*, блять

>Post the watch you think you are the only one on /wt/ to own.
Seiko SBPG001
1967 Seikomatic-P 5106
1972 Seiko LM Special 5206-6020
1974 Omega Speedmaster Mark 4.5 with the Lemania 5100
Seiko SDGM003
6r15 swapped Seiko SKX007
So that's most of my watches, really.

From what I have read girls seem to conplement somewhat light blue sunburst dials. Blue seems to be a very well regarded color so makes sense. Girls also seem to like rose gold a lot. Though I think for them more so then men wearing it.

Кaмня translates directly to stone, which more or less means jewel in this context.

My SKX007 only loses about 0.5 secs per day after about 2 years of use. Is that normal?

No, sell it as quicka s you can for a profit, some guy will probably pay top dollar for such a watch.

I know right? I'm in a local club of Seiko divers owners and one guy already offered $400 for mine. Still not sure what to do though..

It's actually pretty rare for a 7s26 movement that hasn't been regulated post-purchase to be that accurate, but it mostly a matter of luck.

>Doubling your profit
Fucking do it my dude.

I think only an 18 year old is naive enough to wear that

If you can't afford it, don't bother. You want in your face? Save up your sheckles for a year and just buy a solid 18k Submariner.

Jelly as fuck.

I'm excluding watches that have very common movements, and are otherwise the same shit in a slightly different case, like Seiko 5's, old Swiss assembly brands with ETA, A. Schild or similar ebauche internals, and slavshit.
>Casio F-14, digital LCD, 1984
>Roamer UC-392, digital LCD, 1978
>Roamer Searock, MST 522 in-house movement, 1975
>Cornavin, Arogno 151 movement, late 50's, early 60's
Stuff that are currently in pieces and can't be used, but I plan on wearing them eventually:
>Etna Quartzonic, Ronda 1377 quartz movement, 1975
>Helbros Electronic, PUW 2509, 1972-74

Bezel makes this watch look wider and bigger, that's a good thing because it is 15mm thick and it would look a bit disproportionate with a smaller bezel.

I have skx013 and it loses something like 1.7spd. Doesn't the ISO certificate require the movement to be regulated a bit better than the 7s26 normally would be?

If you're too much of a poor faggot that you can't afford even the most basic of a steel sports Rolex, buy the biggest gshock you can get your monkey hands on and don't come back

>Wearing a watch while lifting

You're a fucking faggot that cares about aesthetics, insecure fuck

should be кaмнeй

I hope you die like that kike Rich

Rich Piano did nothing wrong.

SCED057

Do it. You want it and they're discontinued, so their prices will only keep rising. I wanted one myself at one point; it's really cool. Do it.

God I love how Giugiaro's designs are so perfectly dated.

Nice

Dive watch under 300 that isn't seiko 7s26 and shit bracelet? Prefer 42mm.

Are the orients worth it?

does anyone actually use watches to tell the time anymore? you can pull up your phone in two seconds to get the time. is it just for fashion?

lol faggot

lol no

960 neptune
you think you are only one that has this?

People started putting their pocket watches on their wrists because it's more convenient; a phone is no more than a digital pocket watch.

You're thinking of COSC my dude.

SKX is pretty dope.

youtube.com/watch?v=ATAudjynAi0

she doesn't care about watches you can sure see her fat pig cunt get wet when he starts talking about thousands.

T U R T L E

You won't always have your phone with you, you phone may run out of battery.

>t. Millineals

>Dive watch under 300 that isn't seiko 7s26 and shit bracelet? Prefer 42mm
If you don't care about ISO dive watch certification then the Orient Ray II is the obvious choice

(You)

Wait so YOU'RE been the one vehemently defending the SKX like a GTR fanboy from /o/? I thought you were better than this Fat Canadian.

A vintage one.

I picked it up today, along with the (fake repro) dial and hands. A complete service and a case is all that's left for me to join the mechanical chronograph master race.

Pointing out basic facts isn't fanboyism.

I have an SKX, but I paid to have the movement and crystal upgraded because I understand that the SKX was designed to be as cheap as possible while still being ISO 6425 certified, so I don't go around raging that it doesn't come with features I wanted that would make it more expensive to make or that it costs too much for its feature set because Seiko wasted money on having it meet ISO 6425. That's like hearing someone on /o/ complain that the GTR doesn't have 4 doors, since they prefer sedans, and that Nissan wasted a bunch of money making it fast when they don't care about sportiness. That would annoy me too, even though I'd never buy a GTR in a million years.

And, actually, I usually recommend the Orient Ray II or Mako II to people on here if they don't care about ISO certification,

So wait, you are the one shitposting all these threads?

Post watches you think somebody else on wt has

Please, if it were that user every post would make reference to DAINI SEIKOSHA

No, about ISO.

Are you a watch maker user?

Sort of. Watch repairer/battery nigger.

If you define pointing out basic facts as shitposting, then yes. I happen to get annoyed at samefagging and baitposting and there has been far too much of both going on for several months on /wt/.

Do you do it for a job or hobby?

Both.

Nice. Where are you located? You're not the euro from the other thread are you?

That's probably me. I've been in every thread for the past three years now.

Too easy. Now go, feel better about the quality of your own group shot.

>"pointing out basic facts"
>constant tl;dr copy pasta baitposting
>implying that's not shitposting
Thanks for helping clean up these threads, retard.

Finally this vintage Raketa arrived yesterday, but couldn't take photos because it was night. It cost me 40 dollars plus 9 shipping and it came with a brown leather strap but replaced it because these straps hurt muh wrist, what do you think?
Will post more pics and movement in a sec.