Smartphones: what pieces of crap

There is ZERO reason to own these literal botnet traps. ZERO. Price? Software? Capability? Reliability? Even convenience? None apply to these NSA trap-phones

> >$700 for a single, fragile, "decent quality", stupidly small, cell modem botnet tablet by Fagdroid or Crapple
+
> >$60 plan for unlimited talk, text, 4gLTE Data
>=$800 for you "phone"

Or

> $415-$575 for your carbon-60 dick solid GEAR (you can call it that because you can call yourself a man with better equipment for cheaper the price)

>inb4 but um lay-zee n stoo-ped
And that's why you're boys, some of whom where dresses and makeup because you're such incredibly inferior manlets
>inb4 smartphone virgin- gear chad meme

Why not, flip phones actually are the best for calling. And I prefer my battlestation ofer everything else for all things nerdy. Personally though, there's been numerous times when a single device has been the best option when forced to stay somewhere else.

Translation: robot

That's like saying cops should just use batons, tasers, pepper spray, or a firearm, but not the others because "one size fits all"

Not a bot. fuck off angoyd-apphole brainlet

Bump for your sake

>And that's why you're boys, some of whom wearing dresses and makeup because you're such incredibly inferior manlets
I was with you until this point. I'd build an OpenBSD dumbphone if I could but I'm just an excellent technophile and not a developer.

Furthermore, having a smartphone to lookup data instead of flipping out my T420 would be more convenient for other students and relatives I hang out with.

> I'd build a BSD cell modem tablet, but... nah. Idk what tutorials are
> my friends won't think I'm cool if I don't use a iphoid XX2ZQICEFIRExXFaZeSlayyerXx Limited Starbucks edition """phone"""
We're you trying to refute me somehow? I think you proved my point

Another worthless shitskin thread. Of course.

I have the internet in my pocket. Its significantly cheaper than your post implies. Its extremely convenient, i also have a camera, a music and video player, a calculator, thesaurus and dictionary and oh yeh, i mentioned earlier but its worth mentioning again, access to the entire internet. In my pocket. It can also make calls and send texts. Pretty fucking fantastic device if you ask me.

I'm second gen American from native Norwegian immigrants you untermensh troglodyte.

>I can do some shit
Wow. If your life is so simple then just walk everywhere. Don't even bother with those automotive vehicles with all their gears, and wheels, and steering, and roads, just walk. Great for your health (unless the weather is inclement, you have to go really far, or Tyrone jumps your ass) and it's as simple for brainlets such as yourself as can be. Even public transport and ridesharing can be too much a hassle, so just limit the whole world to 15 min of jogging distance your lazy fat fucking tubby ass could barely reach and just walk it!

I paid the equivalent of $100 for a used Xperia M4 Aqua, and I pay around $10 a month for my plan. In two years or so, or if I break it before that, Ill buy a new phone. I don't think this is an unreasonable cost and I understand why some would want to spend considerably more. $800 is a bit beyond my budget but if you use your phone a lot and you can afford it I don't see why not.

what the fuck is a ThinkPad/

is google spying on us via android and google maps and just basically everything that we type on our android phones?

>$700 smartphone

Stopped reading there. It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

Yes. Glad you could join the /bread desu :3

>>/out/

if you told people 20 years ago that in the future everyone would be walking around with 24/7 tracking devices... willingly. what would the reaction have been?

My phone only cost me $80, still gets updates from LineageOS, and runs every application I need without issue. I get unlimited LTE for $60 a month.

Well memed nigger.

>Were you trying to refute me somehow? I think you proved my point
Learn some grammar for Jesus' sake.
My friends don't give a shit about what phone I've got or what OS I'm running on, and I try to have an inclusive approach rather than "did you know there's a FreeBSD phone on hackaday.io?". I can mention on the fly that I'm running GNU/Linux but I wouldn't start a discussion on this.
This discussion really looks like marginalized people discussing having friends, though.

>Thinkpad tablet

That's simply too big to be convenient. I need internet access from something that fits in my pocket.

>ad hom in contradiction. No meaningful refutation offered
For humor, the ifuck X is 1 fucking grand. Samsung (spelled Joogle)'s s8 plus is >$700.
>inb4 just get $70 Huawei
Still as expensive as some REAL tablets and some used Thinkpads on Amazon, Ebay, or Walmart. OP pic related is on the expensive side of the tried and true thinkpad line, not to mention the botnet

Its obvious YOU don't know what you're talking about

> what would the reaction be?
Baaaah! Baaaaah! *chews more grass* baaaaaah! Baaaaaah! *gets slaughtered; doesn't care* baaaaah!

I wish I would've been more conscious

so the only final solution is /apple/?

>he doesn't have meaningful discussions about expanding knowledge and skills and alternate ways to contribute and change society through technology with his """"""""""""friends"""""""""""""
Go back to /Faceberg/, you're obviously too pleb, even for /plebbit/

Well if you included the fact that they would have streaming hd video, music, chat, gps navigation, voice, text, recorder, apps, etc. I think they'd be pretty cool with it.

>TRANSCENDENT!
Haha no, not even close

What phone? I'm gonna do a quick rundown on its specs and reviews. Also what's your data plan, I'm gonna analyze that shit too

but apple doesn't spy on us. and i've changed to duckduckgo and apple maps as well

As I said

>apple is redpilled!
This is b8 right? It smells should

Spoiled*

proof?

Just wear a slingbag or knapsack. You can look professional and mission oriented.

Of...?

Fuck how I look, I just don't want to lug some bullshit around all day. I need connection 24/7 due to my job.

Botnet?

> what is a mobile hotspot device
> what was mentioned in the OP
First, what do you do? Second, why would a joophone be better in your o p i n i o n

Ebay has X220/230/240 for ~$100

>laptops are just too big and heavy for me, I'm a tiny little manlet and I need something that fits in my jean shorts pocket and something I can use with one hand while stroking my boss' dick with the other!
every time

I love my smartphone. :) Samsung s8+ reporting in!

A good smartphone replaces literally everything. I have a smartphone, laptop, and desktop and I'm using my smartphone more than any. You can't fit a laptop or PC in your pocket.

what the fuck are you talking about?

Refer to Smart cucks btfo

What's the solution to all of this tracking bullshit if you still want the convenience and capabilities of a smartphone but don't want to lug a laptop with you everywhere? Are there phones that don't spy on you? Open source?

>carrying around a laptop when you can just buy a $200 G5+ and be done with it

Sorry, some of us want convenience.

All experience I've had bringing my laptop around have been pretty shitty, had a $1000 spectre and felt heavy as fuck and even bought a case for it. Eventually laptops will be replaced by smartphones, it's just a matter of when.

My cellphone hone is nice for shitposting the chins while at work, Browsing the internet, playing my music while in my car and enabling me to remotely contact co-workers/family/friends all on one compact device.

> having a cell phone is great

>you shouldn't use a car

R u retard?

I just said I wasn't a developer. My ways to contribute to and change the society are by blocking the economy so workers get decent wages and by helping people get housing through my union.

There are tons of non-code ways to help society. One example is helping localizing stuff: having a blog in your mother tongue and simply explaining how you get through problems using GNU/Linux, for the record.

Also see >This discussion really looks like marginalized people discussing having friends, though.

>There are tons of non-code ways to help society.
Woops I meant FLOSS

> my way to "help" is by blocking the economy... The very thing that's the reason people have jobs, money for their traded labor, and the very tech they take for granted.
I hope you die, strangled by your failed parents' intestines in your sleep, you commie piece of shit. And if they're dead, I hope the maggots crawl out of the entrails and lay eggs in your eye sockets, Maoist sunavabitch

>a brainsphone can do it all bro
So can walking: you help the environment, save on car hassle, and get in some good exercise. Just walk it!®©™©®™©®™©™™®©

You are obviously very poor and devoid of any kind of social life, sorry you lucked out chump.

That's not a problem, we've got a strong welfare state here (that we're trying to keep by blocking the economy).
>I hope you die
I hope you get friends.

>not using an ubuntu phone in 2017

lol enjoy your botnet google fags

what if I actually make calls and texts?

>ad hom
Back to

>memeshappen.com

> what if I actually wanna make calls and texts
> what if I literally can't read the whole post all the way through
You know what: you need a smartphone; I mean something has to think for you since you obviously are an illiterate mongloid. Stay extinct, you Darwinian failure

As much as I actually would advocate for one:
1) Canonical LTD is a literal botnet; therefore so is Uh-butt-too
2) they haven't made a single good business decision since their failure with Ubuntu cloud; this concept is no different
3) it's too steep of an uphill battle for them to maintain the free distro rep that comes with GNU shit and not have industry wide support via nearly perfect competition, lest they fall into the android trap and become PRISM/CIAnigger pawn #18277493