Oldfag reporting in

oldfag reporting in

if you havent reached the last stage in computing(freeBSD) by now just fuck off

Other urls found in this thread:

fuguita.org/index.php?FuguIta/6.1
sudosatirical.com/articles/new-freebsd-user-sees-himself-as-tech-king-of-household/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I know this is b8 but on the off-chance someone here might know: does the amdgpu driver work on any of the BSDs already?

Meme bread!

True oldfags use icewm

That screenshot says it's from 2009 mate...

kek

I installed OpenBSD on my ThinkPad t23 but it can't run a web browser without crashing (probably ram restraints).
Is there a text based browser anyone can recommend for Unix? I was thinking either lynx or w3m.

I, too, love to see more BSD homies here.

That looks fucking awful.

The charts aren't up to date and the newest thing there is Skylake from 2015.

I have a question, last time I tried running FreeBSD on my Latitude 2120 the screen kept moving around following the cursor.

I agree. Although I moved back to Linux, as a desktop it's easier to maintain.

the last stage of computing is plan 9

Man, I miss the old KDE

OpenBSD is the last stage of BSD.
This is the last stage of computing.

Why is it the last stage? Suicide afterwards?

I wanna experiment with openBSD with a VM.
Is there an ISO I can download on the site somewhere?

Try this.

fuguita.org/index.php?FuguIta/6.1

sudosatirical.com/articles/new-freebsd-user-sees-himself-as-tech-king-of-household/

FreeBSD user here
Stop shilling FreeBSD

Well, what's the question?

www.openbsd.org -> Download -> mirror sites -> any mirror or read on what images are available. cd.iso seems appropriet for VM.

Now it depends if you want -stable or -current. For stable:
6.1 -> amd64 -> cd61.iso

did so a long time ago. if i'm not working inside NT, I run BSD. Linux community is too divisive.

hardenedbsd*

How do I solve the specific issue?

Can you get KDE 3 fork TDE on BSD?

>oldfag
>more autistic to use BSD as a daily driver than half the millennial trannies on this board
kys granpa

I think you'll find Inferno is the final stage of Plan9

With DRM-Next

The last stage in computing is unikernels, maybe bootstrapped with NetBSD.

No, its GNU/linux-libre running on a computer that's running entirely on free software.

>kde4
>old
On the top of the shit mountain someone miss that.

>if you havent reached the last stage in computing(freeBSD) by now just fuck off
>computing
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as computing, is in fact, electronics/programing, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, hardware plus os. Freebsd is not a computer system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning computer system made useful by the hardware and the uefi and/or a bios, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full computer system as defined by POSIX.

>can't use mobile nvidia cards

So was Windows 7, the last stage of computing of its respective kernel.
2009 was peak desktop time.

I thought plan 9 wasn't worked on anymore, what is the recommended plan 9 fork?

the last stage is a direct injection to the botnet like pike received
>before-after-google.jpg

fucking love openbsd

no other UNIX is this good out of the box and cwm is the best

What's really depressing is what's stopping other operating systems from flourishing is the lack of a decent web browser given how bloated the current web is

>Inferno
Use 9front faggot

well the BSDs have chromium and firefox

firefox, unfortunately, is trying to force freedesktop shit on everyone

isn't inferno just a demo for the dis vm, which was just bell labs' answer to java

freebsd is the new debian

this. we don't want marketshare or new drivers, just fuck off newfags

Can you use it as a daily driver. How is it for programming?

no its trash don't even bother

>lgbt meme

But I am running FreeBSD, user

NetBSD is the last stage

I started there twenty years ago. I recently reinstalled my old desktop with FreeBSD 11 to give it a fair whirl, it had been running Ubuntu for ten years but I needed to abandon the 32-bit install.

FreeBSD was pretty useful but many things were a chore, including the unstable packages. I had pretty much everything working as I wanted then a pkg upgrade revved quite a few versions and broke a ton of my configs including deleting some packages I needed.

I blew it away and put Ubuntu LTS back on. I also like OpenBSD a lot more than FBSD.

D E G E N E R A T E

too complicated

debian just works

>I'm using BSD because muh UNIX
>still uses a modern web browser
>I'm using BSD because GNU sucks
>BSD runs GNU programs because otherwise you'd be stuck with a text editor and a file explorer
There's no reason whatsoever to use BSD on a desktop. It's the same as running GNU, but with far less hardware available.

openbsd comes with a C compiler

i don't get why so many linux distros avoid that, UNIX was made for programming, you might as well include the system programming language

there's a difference between GNU and GPL you dumbass

what a cute bunny uwu

Yes. GPL is a license and GNU is a UNIX-like operating system.

>negro% neofetch
>john@negro
Lmfao

Use w3m, I don't think Lynx supports images.

ram constraints?
>128 MB or 256 MB
ouch, good luck

how well does wine work with warcraft 3?

ill jump ship

It probably works flawlessly like every other Blizzard game. I've been playing SC and D2 for years on WINE.

>shit support
>cuck license
>backdoors
>no games
>toxic community
>known to scam people into becoming betatesters

back to le 8gag with you

>Use BSD license
Companies steal code, closes it off and tells you to fuck yourself

>BSD User-Developer experience
Literally get hacked by own Project leader

>Placebo security
Un-audited ports, Nothing else runs in BSD without ports

>Compatibility
Some BSD cannot even have non-free codec packs. Not many proprietary software and drivers run on *BSD, specially OpenBSD. Many Realtek and Broadcom devices will never run because of its non-free only drivers.

>NO active development
Except for PC-BSD, there is no live *BSD desktop. OpenBackdoor removed Linux compatibility AND WINE. BSD market share is not rising.

>Less softwares than Linux
Cannot even perform Vt-d virtualization on windows guests. (Good for nothing). Behyve is miles behind KVM/QEMU.

>Community
Non-existent.
Few buttflustered autists that mostly comprise of mactoddlers (OSX is BSD :-DDDDDD).
FreeBSD is actually getting better though. I hope PC-BSD catches on but their primary goal is to fight own BSD counterparts' autistic community.

The "last stage in computing" is making money with your skills. Spending 2 decades trying to out-hipster everyone else by using progressively shittier operating systems is usually what you do before suicide.

OpenBackdoor is specially the meme of BSD community. It;'s a freetard BSD (Not even freetard Linux, that's less autism). No ZFS, no MAC, no jails, no non-free drivers, no non-free codecs, no non-free softwares, no Vt-d virtualization, no Linux compatibility, no WINE, project leader is a hostile autist that never grew out of teenage edge, no security in ports, non-existent community.

>literally complains about a license that is too free across many imageboards on the internet
>bitches about how it facilitates non-free software
>defends non-free software in the same breath

>implying
>implying
>implying
no arguments

OpenBSD is the last stage in computing.

sigh... I miss my OpenBSD machine. It sitting in storage waiting until we move out of this apartment and into a house.

i guess you are an example of what happens when you have extreme autism

i mean you post this shit on every imageboard almost every day, aren't you tired? all that's missing is you being butthurt about IRC channels

>OpenBSD
>claims to be secure
>no mandatory access control
>no namespaces
>no sandboxing methods
>no jails
>no way to contain or restrict the execution of untrusted or buggy code
>only secure if you don't install anything besides the base system.
I'll just stick to GNU/Linux, since it's actually secure.

here's your (you) since you're desperate

Uptime 2 minutes

>firing a virtual machine with BSDcrap
>thinking you are leet haxxor for that
kys niggers, your shit is broken

Do someone here know if I can I install openbsd on a device with a 32-bit uefi?

what is it, an old mac?

What a shitty thread. Are you BSD cucks raiding from somewhere? I can tell you are astroturfing.

It's a hybrid x86 tablet that comes with a shitty windows10

>uefi
u dont need dat
>a device
u dont need dat
>32 bit
Anyway if you haven't figured this out by now, when they say the words "hardware list" or "compatibility list", it's fancy BSD talk for "fuck off out of our club"

Are you BSDcucks paid to shill on Sup Forums?

does it have a legacy mode?

are you in the manic phase or something

Hey BSD cucks, which forum are you raiding from?

no legacy mode :(

tfw cannot comprehend how some people would have different preferences or use cases than I do, so I assume this is a raid

Come on, which BSD forum are you raiding from?

lol. That Finder icon.

>no non-free drivers

This is my OpenBSD machine. I have with me an old Netbook (Dell Mini 1012) that I dual boot between Win7 and Kali. I installed OpenBSD 6 on a 16GB SD card I have. It installed fine, but the broadcom wireless adapter built-into it and the broadcom crystal hd video accelerator had ZERO support. Both are pretty critical to using this thing as any sort of remotely modern video playback can cause the cpu to slam into 100% usage with ease and... well shit... I need wifi.

Reboot, pull the card out and back into Win7 where shit just works.

bsd shits aren't raiding and don't belong to a group since there can be no bsd groups as the entire point of it is to pretend to be different from the linux crowd, any bsd group in any format would tear itself apart within weeks

The only, and I repeat, ONLY reason why BSD didn't die like a bitch in 2005 is because right around that time the hipster movement took off which is what you do when you're a failure, you pretend to be into stupid bullshit so you can say you're different and superior to everyone else. The reason why they do it for free is because they want to be able to make up how better they are than you. If you actually used BSD, you'd know everything about it and how shit it actually is. No BSD shit actually wants you to use BSD, they want you to forever ask them how they're so cool for using it so they can jack off and pretend to be intelligent.

We did this from 2003 - 2012 for linux as well.

there's seems to be a IA32 bootloader for openbsd under the amd64 directory

i don't really know much about EFI so i can't really help you with that, but that's something at least

it's just that one autistic poster

>any bsd group in any format would tear itself apart within weeks
Tell it to me. I tried to be nice but some people are just toxic. They only exists to talk shit on Linux users, and good luck trying to talk about something if you are not licking the ass of the community.

Man, BSD sucks.

>the autistic MAC and jails guy
>the IRC guy
>the hipster guy
what else am i missing

A form of income
An actual argument for BSD
Drivers
Software

>calls me a NEET
>literally spends his day looking for various BSD related threads on every big imageboard to post the same shit every day
who are you trying to fool here

the last stage is doing whatever gets the job done.

thanks, I will take a look at it

Does Minix count?