Free opensource Ableton Live alternative?

Is there any?

Other urls found in this thread:

psycle.pastnotecut.org/portal.php
lmms.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.

Pirate

>open source audio anything
may as well kill yourself now t b h .

Ableton is pro piracy, they dont prosecute because they count on pirates to buy a license when they are able to earn.

10/10 good guys, pirate them now, buy later. They deserve the loyal userbase they have.

Just pirate it. Like Adobe, they don't care. They want people locked into using their software by any means they make enough money eventually anyway.

>buy
Not with their shitty challenge/response copy protection. Won't buy it on principle.

This is actually really genius too. Normie fags hate people who pirate but the companies literally don't give a shit. After pirating FL, I've bought tons of plugins and finally bought a legit FL

People eventually get good at their job and get hired. Then these people they demand their employers to buy a license to their software.

That is more valuable than selling to individuals

Adobe has been doing the same since forever.

no?
they spend shit tons of preventing people to get their shit for free.

They only go after professionals who don't pay.

You could try Ardour, but don't expect perfection.

No, but just in case that you're asking for a Linux alternative in a very autistic way, there's also Bitwig Studio which is more ore less a Ableton clone made by Ex Ableton devs.

>tfw bitwig costs more than abelton and max/msp combined

I'm using FL in Mint and I'm surprised how well it works even with VSTs.
So far there's no good opensauce alternative.

So what trap beats are you guys making

Not really, Bitwigs full version costs as much as Abletons ''Standard'' version, the full version of Ableton costs 250$ more.

Buy Reaper, it has no copy protection. If you don't have a licence key, it works as a full featured "trial" for 60 days but nothing stops you from using it once the trial is expired, similarly to WinRAR.

Ableton is precisely the reason why Qt is shit (has a commercial license that Ableton probably uses)

psycle.pastnotecut.org/portal.php

There's a reason deadmau5 named a track after its creator.

Renoise

diplo, zedd, deadmau5, & kill the noise have all stated this during videos that were sponsored by Ableton themselves.

As if anyone would ever listen to music created by you neckbeards

I was making music before you tards were allowed to watch tv. Sampling Neil young soundtracks, deadwood voice overs among other pioneering endeavours of which one was recently copied by Vakula. Ten years later.

lmms.io/

I've not used it but its not gonna be as good as Ableton live, user

>no VeSTige on 64bit version
>disappointed

Once Bitwig releases it's "node editor" update, it will be Ableton and Max/Msp combined.

Reaper is your only answer for truly free (not sure if open source), but I prefer my copy of cubase.

I wish Ableton/M4L and other audio stuff was on linux (Bitwig isn't where I want it to be yet)
Though I hear audio is annoying to setup and keep it working on linux sometimes

You mean it's precisely the reason why Qt is not shit. Companies buying their fuckspenive license are what subsidize the use of a stable maintained product in LXQt and other free projects