What went wrong

What went wrong

the concept of tiles, 9 out of 10 people hates that shit

fucking everything. where do i even begin?

derivative and doesn't take advantage of their existing ecosystem

Too little, too late.

When you're late to the show you better have something groundbreaking to offer.

If you just offer a boring phone with just another mobile OS, nobody's gonna bother to buy into your app-less ecosystem.

There's just no incentive.

It just didn't have any major selling points.

nothing desu we're all just waiting for the surface phone and the next line of nokias with full win10 running

My ex had one. She loved it until I showed her how much better android was.

The >noapps problem to begin with...

Androids power efficiency is a steaming pile of shit in comparison to windows phone though

>ex
So she broke up with you upon realizing you're a poorfag who was lying about owning an iphone? Sad 2bh

I say microsoft went with the wrong concept there. Lumia smartphones should have focused on having actual windows and not shitty ARM versions. There were enough atom chips around at that time.

It wouldn't have mattered how shitty the performance would be because, then at least there would be a reason to consider buying a Microsoft phone, they would be unique. By now we'd have pretty decent windows powered smartphones, running core m's or better atom chips. Then they could have gone with the ''only one OS on all machines'' meme.

Microsoft is a bunch of dipshit retards and didn't realize that the marked didn't need another locked down OS with literally no advantages at all over the other two.

No APPs, also the market is satured.

Aplel kiddies trying to act like us BMW drivers is just pathetic.

That might have been true in 2013 but no longer, bud.

nobody drives a beem anymore gramps
its all about the tesla

MS constantly fucked over its mobile users.
>WM6 to WP7
>WP7 to WP8
>WP8 to W10M
Even I couldn't stand such bullshit, though I was a Micro-drone and I liked WP8.

for nu-male cucks and hipsters maybe.

anyone who actually has money and isn't some loser manager at a low tier bank
get with the app loser

>it's all about the tesla
Maybe among numale codemonkeys. But in the finance industry, no one is bragging about owning a tesla. People own them, but it doesn't make anyone impressed. It's an upscale prius.

>like us BMW drivers
>t. Suzuki driver

Thread turned into android vs Apple very quickly..

that guy probably drives a fucking toyota prius or some crap dont even bother with him

Buddy as if anyone with actual money would bother with a shitty electric car with plastic interior.
No one who has any taste in cars has said anything good about tesla cars apart from their acceleration. It's a soulless machine, for soulless people.

btw babe, being a telemarketer for a bank doesn't mean you work in the finance industry mkay?

they're insecure

>Suzuki
>yurop
Have not seen one since the late 90s or something

Eventually it gets to Hitler.

wow it's almost as if hitler and the west are way more important than some africans trying to build a shit hut

You talking shit about the Suzuki cappuccino? Kei cars are fun as fuck. But I guess people not interested in weeb mobiles don't care.

Gargle my balls, numale redditor. I'm in investment management. No one thinks your prius says anything about you besides the likelihood that you follow I love science on Facebook.

>gramps
>bmw
Chump Mercedes is the grampa brand shit can't you get anything right?

No one uses facebook anymore manager @ walmart, you can stop pretending now

another triggered near death cunt, not surprised

I miss WinCE, trips guy

it was also difficult to make apps

>No one uses facebook anymore
Pretty sure faggots like you still try contacting people you knew from HS through it because you're a socially isolated virgin. Other user is right anyway. Mercedes is still the grandpa car.

Are you from SF? It'd be reasonable if a queer thought Teslas were a sign of anything besides being HIV positive. You probably think 120k is impressive.

i dont need your life story gramps
next you're going to go on about myspace like what the fuck even is that

sf isn't the hottest spot anymore, it's all about the vanks babe

This is entirely true. The only reason people loved windows tablets is because they ran full fledged Windows. There's no reason that love wouldn't extend to phones.

>no u GRAMPS
No wonder you bought a tampon on wheels, autistic as fuck.

it's 2017, no one cares about your pretentious misogyny gramps, we're all wishing you drop dead any second now like all the other bigots

>vanks
Wow, you live in fucking Canada lmao

the problem is that those atoms for phones were extensively castrated so they lacked some features that windows needs to work

no apps. It was a better os, but no apps killed it.

>muhsoggyknee
Struck a nerve in the queer.

>we're
Oh no, a bunch of neon hair, limp wristed faggots are mad. What'll you do? Start a petition?

Fpbp. It started with the failure of the Win8 desktop platorm and snowballed from there with pajeet ineptitude from coders to executive management. It was an early 2010s meme that Asia was a legit market when they were third worlders that noone else wanted to deal with. Microsoft is still falling fast, it was only slowed by some success of Win X and Surface and the latter is getting ruined now too
>tl;dr quality products ruined by Globalist management practices

the meme is
>wow a maple leaf how beautiful
also no I moved 3 years ago

whats the name of their new design again? fluid, liquid or something like that. I think it looks nice on desktop but it's shit on phones.

Normies didn't like Win8 not because modern UI was bad, but because normies are retarded and can't into new ways of using an interface.

You gotta give them that ole start menu on the bottom left corner or else they start fretting.

The live tiles interface was actually quite good. It was just too bold a move, too ahead of its time for normies to be ready for it.

fluent
and they haven't done anything with it on mobile outside of like one menu panel in groove iirc

new is flat, old was skeuomorphic or something

>Lumia smartphones should have focused on having actual windows and not shitty ARM versions
I got a Lumia right here. It's a phone not a PC and that would've been fine but it interfaced so poorly with anything except what MS wanted you to use (win8 that noone liked and later winx that everyone was scared of and by then owned Android anyway, oh and XBox. Because wtf) Really bad corporate management during the WP years. Nokia was a killer phone and the OS is solid af. There's just no reason to use it anymore. f

>taking the bait
The only people who like and are actively pushing for this shit are pajeets
You're a normie yourself, Kumar. Stop projecting

>No software support, no matter how hard the shills pushed their "IT HAS EVERYTHING I NEED!!!!" bullshit
>Underpowered Hardware
>MS broke promises over and over about updates, leading to some phones being deprecated on arrival
>Extremely closed system, being unable to open it using 3rd party tools (unlike iOS with jailbreak or rooted android)
>Their target market was unclear
>OS was buggy af
>Tiny to non-existent community support

Imagine if Microsoft had released a smartphone that integrated seamlessly with a company's existing infrastructure.
Network drives, Active Directory, Outlook and Skype with complete contact lists.

They could have become the new Blackberry - the phone wholly dedicated to professionals who needed productivity.
Instead, they half-assed it.
Microsoft Office on a phone? Fuck yes! Wait - what do you mean I can't create a new document from my phone?

The other half of their ass was spent on Microsoft employees making apps for all of the companies that didn't want to waste resources on Windows Phone.

it was mostly because you were forced to use both desktop and mobile interface at times. That is shit implementation.

>The live tiles interface was actually quite good. It was just too bold a move, too ahead of its time for normies to be ready for it.
Nah that's not what I saw. Ok, the tiles were okay by me but here's the "move"... MS was trying to force meme a grand unification of smartphone, desktop and game console that they would be King of. Pure arrogance involving shit they weren't capable of, tiles aka Metro aka 8 is a smartphone style front end to Win 7 that noone needed because it was different from the Android and iPhone they already used. Plus Xbox fell off quick too at the time. They got greedy and basically went India superpower by 2030 when they couldn't get their loo working yet.

This. Same reason why blackberry died.

I put a few blogposts into this thread bc I used to be a WP evangelist and my friends on iPhone and Droid were laughing at me while MS let me down again and again while I tried to do anything with it. Fuck Microsoft and fuck the Pajeets who work for them. Facebook killed their WP app recently so the writings on the wall now. MS is just going through the motions with Win X integration, WP has been a dead market for at least 2 years now. Surface is next and their cloud app strategy after that. Down down down because they don't want to pay for American talent anymore

Actually Windows 8's UI was fantastic on smartphones, WP8 had the most intuitive UI I'd ever used on a phone. It just sucked on anything that wasn't a touchscreen.

WP8 was also in general just a great OS, it ran like butter on hardware that would have absolutely choked under bloated systems like android. What went wrong was half-assed support from MS which lead to things like lacking a lot of popular apps which normalfags can't live without, and WP10 which was far more bloated and ate up a lot more resources.

Beautiful, concise, and elegant; how far does one company need to fall too we get this again?

Exactly all this. All that you said was what I expected my WP to do but never could. And that was by design which infuriated me. No more Microsoft for me

I was an early adopter of Windows Phone 7.
No one is more disappointed than I.

It has incredible potential but Microsoft has no direction.
They need to bring on someone with real leadership to run the Windows Phone segment.

The battery life is better than any smartphone I've ever used. I asked my coworkers, one with a Galaxy S7 and one with an iPhone 7, and both of them have to charge their phones every day - twice a day if they use it a lot that day.

My Windows Phone will last a few with fairly regular use. It'll run a week as my email and text machine (I verified it after hurricane Irma).

>noapps
what apps do normies need beside whatsapp/facebook/shazam? arent those apps already on windows phone?

Unjustified war with google. Bing is a shit too for the same reasons. They killed Nokia in the process with Balmer being a huge trojan horse inside the company, just by wanting more data.

>Metro 8.1: slick and looks beautiful I can't get enough 60fps animations
>Windows 10:HIDE EVERYTHING BEHIND A HAMBURGER PANEL

>no liking WP UI
Apple shills, please fuck off

Market shares

It's actually about time and good advertising. M$ is really late on smartphone business.
Anyone that I know that uses Lumia always loves it so much.

Their applications are not as extensive as they could be m.facebook.com doesn't render properly but other than that Windows phones are pretty neat...

that looks legitimitely like absolute garbage

>this
>garbage

Different shades of poo

Nadella hated it.
I was actually really hyped for x86 phones and Windows 10 from a phone.

Post a better one.

>possible bait
I don't mind the tile ui layout for a mobile phone myself, and I understand not everyone will like it, but holy shit that is actually a disgusting homescreen. Did you just set it all to transparent? The colors clash and the icons are inconsistent. Try to make it mesh a bit better.