/ntr/ - Netrunner official Sup Forums browser

We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY: In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a Sup Forums's perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN, join the IRC to ask developers for a repo, and get to programming!
IRC on Rizon: #Sup Forumsnetrunner

Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UCes2uiC-4xSBwqnldCFbh4Q
Twitter: twitter.com/Team_NetRunner
Gitgud: gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
Teknik: git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner

>WORK PLAN
Look at the features list and implement them, ask what is currently being worked on if you don't know.

FEATURES pastebin.com/bnUU6kcu
FAQ pastebin.com/gjp7QmQJ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AK6oo1Y9wBk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for vim bindings

What the fuck is wrong with Vivaldi?? No privacy issues, pretty, and no compatibility issues.

But what's the state of addons?

>botnet tier
>opera
Is that right?

In the same pic it says that Firefox is not a botnet, so I wouldn't pay attention to anything it says.

But user! Firefox can now take screenshots and upload them to DA CLOWWWWWD

>NTR
>Literally the japanese acronym for "cuckold"

Holy shit, if this is true...

It's not BS.
If you have Firefox updated, look at the "take a screenshot" feature they just added.

If try and pronounce netrunner with a japanese accent it sounds kind of like netorare(ne to ra ne).
I think that is the joke.

How do you get WebKit to run on Linux?

I can't find any sort of guide to setting such a thing up.

I did some independent testing of browsers in recent months because I feel betrayed by Firefox — my choice of browser for these last many years. I would list browsers much like OP has, but with a couple of changes. In God Tier, I would not have unChromium. I would have unChromium in BOTNET Tier because I found it to contain many background links to Google's Safe Browsing servers. Same goes for Firefox and Waterfox. I'd put those in BOTNET Tier as well. I'd move Pale Moon up to God Tier because it was stripped clean of all background references to Google and Safe Browsing servers and allowed me to apply anti-fingerprinting via poison canvas setting.

Nice finding. I guess we can't trust chromium to be safe in any way. To be honest, lets hope Frefox won't be as shit at the end as you can't tweak it to be good enough or many f use will be in trouble.

You tell me.

The fall of firefox.. Why did it betray us so cruelly?

>last commit was 2 weeks ago
is it ded?

Why is safari technology preview god tier, OP? And what is the black icon version there?

Asking for a friend who owns Mac.

no, but then kinda yes

I'm excited about this project but could we PLEASE use a less reactionary logo? I don't understand the need for Nazi memes to be associated with this.

I've had enough of your shit Sup Forums it's a fucking browser just use the browser you enjoy for god's sake stop shitting and shilling.

I dont understand the need for Nazi memes to be disassociated with this.

The suicide of chromeshill when?

Thanks for sharing.

I found the no-browser shill.

(((firefox))) they are literally taking down news they dont like with (((george soros))) please take it down from excellent tier, its literally water foxes bitch browser now. Also pale moon the creator is literally going on autism rants and removing extensions he doenst like, like adnasuem.

how is a web browser taking down news? which news were taken down? can I see a comparison screenshot between firefox and some other browser that doesn't take down news?

>Tor was made by NSA
>Stallman tier
Look at all this cucks

no, its netto rannaa you dumb fuck

bump

>Can't read the ????? next to webkit nightly and tor browser

Didn't google filter some news?

I hear a kawaii girl in my head reading your post

go back to Sup Forums you manchildren

Which browser is that Stallman Tier icon supposed to represent?

I am sure you hear this all the time but vi-like bindings would we awesome. Luakit is a great example has vi bindings for everything and looks amazing with no header only a small bar at the bottom and you do everything through keyboard youtube.com/watch?v=AK6oo1Y9wBk

if it runs on chromium it runs on vivaldi.

STILL no sync

I'm going to do some work on my EGL based console browser today, I might commit some of the work to netrunner

The entire UI should be completely reconfigureable, and you should be able to set custom keybinds and shortcuts for ever function in a simple and user-readable config file.

>nazi nemes
SPOILER: It's a soft drink mascot.

a single config file is fine and all, but a config.d-style folder for sourcing multiple config files would be nicer.

Netrunner

Netrunner can already do EGL but doesn't seem to be much use. Just have to set the GLFW hints.

UI is already reconfigurable. Configurable keybinding coming soon.