Buying graphics cards for muh games

>buying graphics cards for muh games

Who here uses their graphics cards for non-degenerate purposes?

If not for gaming or video editing/rendering, you wouldn't need to buy a dGPU.

Prove me wrong.

I provide services to the world to fight the jew bank system by mining

like you can use GPUs for anything else

give me 13 reasons or gtfo

>who here is a real adult and doesn't play any video games
>but we're NEETs who rack up our parents electricity bill to siphon money out of their pockets

Loving every laugh

I do 3d modelling.

I believe PS will utilize your GPU, maybe LR as well. If you are editing photos it doesn't hurt to put a basic one in there, but it's not even like you need a 1080ti ... a fuckin $30 used 750ti would do the trick for PS

I do some big and complex designs in SolidWorks

Deep learning.

>for non-degenerate purposes?

I use mine for rendering. That being said, gaymer cash funds all the R&D at nvidia and amd, so don't be an ungrateful little shit. Fuck you OP, stupid cunt.

I-I was just being ironic.

>thinking that never having fun is the same as being epicly enlightened
this is you
you are this guy
this guy happens to convey your attitude
additionally, 3D modeling without a GPU (or suitable CPU) is fucking painful

>shitposting on Sup Forums is a far more patrician choice than enjoying yourself

Video games are for children.

@62571307
(You)

Playing video games is not the only way to have fun and enjoy yourself.

Why do you care

What do you do then?
Other than shitpost on Sup Forums.

So I'm guessing you watch Television, like a 'real adult'?

hey you play minecraft too?

Read
Program
Go outside
Listen to podcasts
Draw
Play an instrument
Listen to music
Talk to other humans
Shitpost on Sup Forums

You can use them to rapidly crack passwords.

i'm not saying it is, i do shit that isn't vidya too, but i don't see why video games are automatically degenerate (though i will admit it's fun to trigger Sup Forumstards in benchmark threads)

>passively listening to ideas is good but actively playing them out is bad
You should probably remove 'playing and instrument' or 'drawing' since you'd likely just watch a YouTube video of someone else doing it.

aside from the podcasts, i do all that other stuff too, though
i don't know why people on Sup Forums get so worked up about this stuff

It's /biz/ posters upset about not getting all the GPU stock.
Not actually realising that if it wasn't for gamers their gear not only wouldn't exist, but also wouldn't be sold in the west as the Chinks would buy it all.

yeah, without games to push graphics tech forward, the kinds of GPUs optimized for mining wouldn't exist at reasonable prices, right?

almost no one, without gamers gpu makers wouldnt be shit

I play play games with them

it actually doesn't.
workstation cards are where their biggest profit margins are. and ai, and mining

TensorFlow

This is why Nvidia chimps out so hard at people running Geforce cards in KVM passthrough. It cuts in to VDI bucks.

>mining
I'm sorry to differ with you, sir... but YOU are the jew.

You've ALWAYS been the jew.

16x 1080TI's mining shitcoins...

Get to run the miners in one of the labs at work, which is nice.

Otherwise 1050TI's or 1060 6gb's in the systems at home. Some of the Photoshop and Premier acceleration is nice. SCARM and AnyRail will also take advantage, which is nice.

But yeah, I game, too.

I actually looked into this a little. When I decide I want to retire my mining rigs (thinking in March) I may give it a go.

I do both. Editing 4K videos of games and other things.

Video editing really loves GPU acceleration, I think 4K wouldn't be possible otherwise.

yes, but without consumer interest (gamers, before the mining craze), all of those products would be sold at a far higher markup, so GPU mining wouldn't be viable

>pretending you're a non-degenerate
>shitposting on Sup Forums

Sup Forums
This

I bought a 750 Ti yesterday for $20, did I get a good deal?

I use mine to train neural networks.

Does that count as non-degenerate?

Pretty good deal. As long as you know what to expect from it, it's like 3x more powerful than integrated graphics on the newer chips

That much of an improvement is worth $20, even if the card only lasts a year.

I bought it just because it was so cheap, I could definitely use it in the future for a TV gaming machine (My TV is 1360 x 768 when connected to a desktop.)

Could I re-sell for some quick profit?

The card is from my friend so I know for sure it's working without issue, and won't have any issues.

>I need a graphics card for non-graphics.

>training the neural jew
>non-degenerate

That depends on your definition of degenerate.

That female is on a degenerate position.

I wouldn't resell it because, at most, you'll only make $10-20.

>muh degenerate

Wtf is your problem

True, might as well keep it at that point. I was thinking about selling for like $70, they are still priced quite high on JewBay.

>implying I'm not actively trying to train the neural natsoc
Nigger what do you take me for

Solidworks works perfectly on integrated graphics

Password cracking.

This, I'm a hand model for numerous glove and lotion ad agencies.

Just got a 1080ti for 3D modeling. (pic related) I don't play PC games at all.

It costs a fortune, but I thought it will give me peace of mind about my rendering abilities for pretty much forever + it's somewhat reasonable in a sense of power/cost equation.

Regardless, I'll be on tap water, rice and beans for 6 months now... ;_;

>16 1080Ti
>not folding with them

user, a gaming graphics card is for gaming. You can do professional work on it with Photoshop and AutoCAD but it won't ever preform as well as a Quadro

b-b-b-but mah degeneracy!!!!!!!!!111

Not true.

I'm I've done a ton of research on this matter and the only ones who should (perhaps) invest in a Quadro/FirePro are photographers who do prints.

Behind all the marketing bullshit, the only thing that separates a 'professional' card from a gaming card is the ability to display 10-bit color depth in Open GL applications, which is intentionally locked in gaming cards by the manufacturers because they are Jews. If you create content for non-digital media and projection media such as print and film, you could use one to make sure of 100% color accuracy. But even that is questionable, since I've never heard anyone who can discern an 8-bit from a 10-bit picture, unless it's a completely smooth gradient. Realistically speaking, 99,9% of all people in this planet have never even consciously SEEN a 10-bit picture on a certified display in their lives, since the only way to actually display this depth is in very few selected professional applications and with the correct hardware.

Nowadays not even the huge VRAM of the 24GB cards is a justification, since big studios rather buy 3 gaming cards and run them in a battery instead of spending the insane prices on pro cards. Giant animation studios like Pixar don't buy them at all since they have their own computing solutions and contract render farms for the final processing. Also in terms of the marketed 'stability' I can speak of my own experience that this is simply a lie. The drivers for these cards are just as unstable and finicky (if not more) than their gaming counter parts.

Pro cards are a meme.

Even Linux shill tips debunked this.

got a 1080 I only use for rendering, going to buy a 1080Ti to use with it when they're back in stock

this is why I bought my graphics card

I use my graphic card in Blender, it's so fast compared to cpu rendering.

So what I hang onto GPUs for fucking ages 2+ years

Those are big desiguyns

Four axis

yeah if youre making basic models
once you bump up to machine simulations you need a lot more than igpu
i have dual firepro w9100's and they struggle to handle virtual CNC runs at times

Buy RX Vega for 'affordable' alternative to more expensive compute cards.

Get mocked by 'gaymers' because not faster than Ti.

Fuck reddit.

I bought one for hardware acceleration and then I found that a graphics card sucks for graphics work (and everything else) so now it just its there in the pci slot not even installed on my main os.

Poorfag here just bought a used 770 for $80. How'd I do? Doing light video editing and the like.

Can we start a good and healthy debate here?

Nvidia Quadro x Amd Firepro.

which one do you choose?

Stat-wise I would say without a doubt FirePro. But realistically speaking, Quadro.

I tried a WX5100 because the bang for buck ratio was really good for a workstation card, but then came the dilemma with the drivers. Latest stable release from AMD wouldn't even install as it gave me a frozen black screen during each try. Then the latest beta driver would install, but then crash each time after about 5 mins when booting up. Had enough of this shit and returned it.

Got a Quadro for the same price, but with half the power of it and was pissed, but at least it worked without a shit show.

It's probably just me being retarded, but I'm too old and too busy to mess around with driver issues and rather let myself get fucked in the ass by the Nvidia jews. Say about them what you want, but I personally never had any technical issues with their products. I remember in the late 90s when ATI cards were the shit. Not anymore it seems.

>I provide services to the world to fight the jew bank system by mining
you're been JEWED goy!

Thank you very much for the feedback.
I'm building a PC to some 3D and render work and I have a big doubt about this, I search some comparative tests and FirePro is better in them but NVidia still being preferred by users.
I'll consider your experience when I buy.

i like rendering my 3d scenes quickly. thank you.

They wouldn't even be fucking developed mate

Why don't people like jews? Honest question, I wanna know what the thought process is that leads to this hatred

I use them for training neural networks. Though the best ones for that purpose are not consumer grade video cards.

If you're rigs use radeon cards, tensorflow won't work with them. Tensorflow is for nvidia cards.

i dont play vidya often (only when bro-in-law and nephew come over) but i like power under the hood for when i do.
have me a 760 and it'll do almost anything i throw at it.
i try to limit screen time since i do government systems work all week. last thing i think of for fun is more screen time

>want to do machine learning project
>only have gtx 460

I use mine for researching implementations of Monte Carlo method for Financial and Physics simulations.

machine learning does not take a strong computer/graphics card

This, unless you're running hundreds of neural networks.

I honestly wish I had a P100 but my department won't buy me one. I need to run them deep nets

Muh professional GPU

It does for training non-trivial CNN.
It'd be way nicer to have fast turnaround time for training with a 1080 TI or something.

Glad I could help, but don't take my word for it. There is a lot of shilling on the internet + is right. You don't need a workstation card, unless you absolutely need 100% color accuracy, which also requires a capable monitor, that should cost you at least 2000 minimum, like an Eizo or something. My biggest advice to you would NOT to buy them and better buy a monster gaming card or two and SLI them. Trust me, you will have muuuuuuch better work flow if you need 3D modeling power.

>Enjoying entertainment is degenerate
Proud degenerate here, I thoroughly enjoyed The Witcher 3, and I'm happily anticipating Monster Hunter World.

if you are an amd fan and want to use ryzen you HAVE to buy a dGPU, regardless of the intended use (server, whatever).