debian
>old packages

ubuntu
>bloated

arch/arch derivatives
>unstable

openSUSE
>brokenPEPE

is there any distro which is stable,lightweight and have up to date packages?
i use it for daily uses and programming

and yes,i am new to linux

Windows 10 Education.

If you really care about what you say you do, use Arch. It's not too unstable for everyday use if you're a hobbyist.

The turbo botnet or the botnet lite version, which one do you recommend?

Void Linux

Linux kernel

>le bloat meme

Fedora is the best just werks distro

Or ubuntu running not unity de

Just throw Fedora or Antergos on your PC and stop thinking too much about Sup Forums memes.

I think you'd like arch with an installer.

debian
>fine
ubuntu
>fine
arch
>not my cup of tea but fine
opensuse
>fine
gentoo
>fine
don't want to manage os?
>mac

new to linux, i recommend ubuntu only for the forums

>and yes,i am new to linux
Judging by the uniformed garbage you posted, I would say this is obvious

they all suck, install macOS

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

get a life

i fugged your gf

>this thread again
sage

Fuck off macfag weeaboo.

delet this right now

anime website

No, you weeb fags have your containment boards.

you're on the containment board right now
technology containment board of an anime website

openSUSE is not broken if you use Tumbleweed instead of the crippled Leap release cycle

That's Sup Forums you sperglord.

debian
>the best
ubuntu
>for retards
arch/arch derivatives
>have fun diagnosing every single error that pops up
openSUSE
>shit-tier
We real pros only run KolibriOS. If you don't know what that is, then you know about as much about computers as your fatass grandma

Linux mint

how can I play GTA V on Kolibri?

arch being unstable is just a meme. The main appeal of Arch is that you can reinstall in 10 minutes if you do something dumb and kill your system.

>stable,lightweight and have up to date packages
Solus

>inb4 kevin
Fuck off

>suse
>pepe
but he is lizard not frog

> stable
> up to date packages
I don't think you understand what "stable" is.

What's wrong with mint

I've been following some of their development but haven't installed it, how is it day to day?

fuck off kevin

install gentoo or go and stay go

Fedora is one of the best distros I've ever used. I'm not sure if it has a user friendly GUI application for package management (I know Debian's is shit), so keep that in mind. I just manage my packages through the command line with DNF. Also DNF is fast and just werks.

As I have been shilling Fedora on Sup Forums for the past few years

>Download a fedora spin you like
>go get the rpmfusion free/non-free repos
>enjoy GNU/Linux

Lxde Fedora

>botnet
Find a fact that is true

Fedora workstation
>> Just werks
>> Stable enough

This or Arch (more packages but a little bit more clunky)

Use Manjaro. The best arch derivate for beginners.

Why not use an Ubuntu server iso and add your packages of choice?

>DNF
>fast

>arch/arch derivatives
>>unstable
retard

Manjaro is his safest bet using Arch

It's excellent. Works like a charm for me. They're making a crazy amount of progress considering how tiny their team is.

>debian
>>old packages
Can this meme end already? It's your fucking problem you're too retarded to upgrade to buster or sid, stop spreading misinformation.

Yeah. It works fast as fuck on my machine, you fucking cunt.

Windows said it themselves that they Record almist everything, even on the lowest telemetry settings.

Do Arch users kill their system often?

>is there any distro which is stable,lightweight and have up to date packages?
unironically gentoo

ZorinOS Lite or Xubuntu. They will both use around 500MiB RAM.

>debian
>>old packages
You do know there are different branches for different use cases?
See

Why is Ubuntu so popular? I never thought a community so big on freedom and correctness would support a company like Canonical, why not just use Windows at that point?

>arch/arch derivatives
>>unstable
no

Large community. Why are the popular Twitch streamers so popular? Right place right time? Luck?

>I never thought a community so big on freedom and correctness would support a company like Canonical
Most of the community ISN'T all that big on feedom and correctness. They just don't want to use Windows for one reason or another.

Please explain how is Ubuntu as shitty as Winblows botner.

The amazon meme ? What else ?
Please explain instead of shitposting as usual

Arch is only as unstable as you make it to be. Learn some basic system management

>try out the latest ubuntu beta
>gnome 3
>it's awful
>decide to jump ship back to windows

Ubuntu can be anything you want. Don't want bloat? Go with one of it's flavors. Most of bloat and botnet is Unity related.
openPEPE is also fine. I wouldn't recommend it (even though I'm using Tumbleweed right now) because it lacks some polish but it's an okay system nevertheless.
Only shit distros are Fedora and some no systemd nonsense.

latest Ubuntu beta is actually finally got gud. It was complete shit since 16.04. I'm glad that Unity abomination is finally dead. It was the only thing that made Ubuntu unstable for me (those integrated titlebars are God-like, though).
GNOME3 is hit or miss. I kinda like it because it lets me do everything with emacs shortcuts but if you are used to mouse-driven interfaces - it can be a chore.

>le Arch is minimalist, it's MY system maymay

Then why do the Arch repos force gargantuan, unnecessary packages to be downloaded?

DELET DIS

Unity masterrace.
GNOME 3 is resource hog. Install new Ubuntu and old one with Unity and you will notice just how much a bottleneck is GNOME 3 to the system.
Absolute garbage.
Also Unity is aesthethic as fuck.

>GNOME 3 is resource hog
but Unity is even more resource hog
>Unity is aesthethic as fuck
it's nice. A bit dated, though.

>is there any distro which is stable,lightweight and have up to date packages?
Absolutely. It's called Arch.

Not really. I'm using Acer e1 laptop from 2013 with quad cpu and integrated graphics.

GNOME 3 is literally lagging when moving windows. I got back to Unity and it's stable now.
There's a reason why I tried GNOME 3 on Ubuntu and reverted back to Unity.

I use ubuntu 16.04 lts at work instead of Windows 10 or 7. I'm the system admin, do a lot of embedded kernel development as well (basically only IT/software person at the company). I wanted to use CentOS or something but it doesn't' have any good DE's and repos are incompatible.

Is Fedora stable enough for a workstation? Actually I'm looking for something Debian based beacuse most of my development's documentation is written for Ubuntu, so I can't really be arsed to search up the alternatives for a more obscure system because time is money.

just use fucking Ubuntu if you work with Ubuntu. Why make your life harder? Fedora has always been a shit distro and it's not going to change soon.

> Windows said it themselves
> Windows said
> An OS said it themselves

I need a distro, my requirements:
- rolling release
- no-systemd
- stable, but up to date
Any ideas?

Unironically - Gentoo.

Gentoo or void

You're repeating that ubuntu is "bloated" without knowing what that is. Can you define bloated on anything over a C2D? I bet you can't, it's not even your own opinion.

>I am new to linux
Yeah this isn't your own opinion.

Believe it or not, Gentoo fits into these requirements perfectly.

ChromeOS

this

fuck you faggot