Say something nice about my i7-990x

Say something nice about my i7-990x

at least it's not AMD

I still have it and still use it in one of my six custom built-from-scratch confings which currently stationed in my house. 990X was the only "gen1 Core i" stone I've ever bought, because it was the only actually worthwhile one, with every other 9xx being garbage. Good enough of a compliment for you?

But do you like it so much you'd cum on it?

Also, could this affect performance?

I have my i7 2600K for that.

>corrosion
>actual fucking rust

What the fuck? Did a saltwater cpu block break on it or something?

No water coolers, just the stock intel extreme cooler. It wasn't even screwed all the way in, and had 2 different layers of cheap thermal paste.
I got a bunch of crap out from inside the cpu lid, from the little notch.

I used my 980x up until last Christmas as my main workstation. Was a beast, didn't have a need to upgrade it until I wanted a new motherboard for modern features. It's now my domain controller, CA and general server

I still don't get out could rust get there without water.

You could sand it down and polish it if you care to restore it. Clean the whole metal part with acetone after and before the restoration.

Nigger what did you do to that thing?

It has more memory channels than my 7700K.

He clearly said what here .

It's not rust, it's the outermost layer of metal rubbed off and the actual material (copper) getting exposed.

Wait, so these are made from copper? Holy fuck.

The best non-botnet CPU from Intlel.

1366 is botnet sadly.

According to Jewpedia, vPro (an umbrella term for a bunch of shit including AMT/ME) has been introduced for the first time in Sandy Bridge. Nahelem, and by that definition OP's CPU, is still fine.

Nigga how did you manage to strip the nickel coating?

Yes, it's nickel plated copper.

vPro existed before that, but prior to Sandy Bridge it was still part of the chipset, Sandy moved more of the northbridge onto the CPU, thus it's the first CPU that had vPro.

Is it worth upgrading from a i7-975x? Got a Rampage II motherboard

Conductivity, good sir. Conductivity.

Wouldn't it be more conductive if no outermost coat was present? just naked copper

it was good at the time

For a few weeks, yes.

Go on.

I feel pretty warm and cozy around you

Don't you mean HOT and SWEATY?

Yeah but I'm trying be nice here user

Well HOT and SWEATY are nice in MY vocabulary.

copper likes to corrode

Wouldn't the copper be protected by the thermal paste and the cooler's pressure?

Lewd

If your cum looks like that please see a doctor and jizz on his CPU

He is old and wise like my 875k

post real pics of cummed on cpus pls. im horny

something nice

i7-990x you look really cute

Fpbp

OP-post is 1-st post, faggot.

Ahem actually friend, that's post 0. You see, real computer scientists index from 0. That would make it the first post, and therefore the best post. The OP is post 0.

Yes, back in the day people would sand off the nickel coating in a process called lapping to expose the copper and flatten the IHS out, making temps better because the heatsink could make better contact. (IHS's weren't always perfectly flat)

Hey, the Phenom II x6 CPU's were valid choices back then. They still go for a decent amount used.

>x6
Pleb marketing victim sheep. Only the GODLIKE Phenom II X4 955/BE, or bust.

Still using the plebian workorse 955

You're not trying hard enough, kid.

1090t or x4 960t. all other a shit.

The GODLIKE X4 955 was priced dirt-cheap even when it just began selling and could be OverClocked like a true champ, not only beating all other X4 versions AND all X6 by mere performance, but by OverClocking capability too. And X4 955 had the highest percentage of "golden samples" in Phenom II's binning, so literally each and every first-and-a-half stone could be OverClocked to the moon with ease. Phenom II X4 955 was DA shit back in the days and STILL stays very relevant even nowadays, while other X4 and X6 pretty much fallen into obscurity. Phenom II X4 955 is THE KING.

I wish I had that instead of my G540

I'ts cute

Dude, the HS is copper AFAIK. It is just the nickel, zinc or whatever it is layer peeling off.

Nah, six cores is still six cores, somewhat higher OC on a quad doesn't outweigh them.

>six cores is still six cores, somewhat higher OC on a quad doesn't outweigh them
Considering that pic-related is a slight OverClock (X4 955 can go quite a bit higher than that) and that literally ANY X4 that's numbered higher than 955 is just a slightly factory-OC'ed 955, I guess it's about time you go and off yourself, dumb newfag.

>while other X4 and X6 pretty much fallen into obscurity
If you're going to lie at least make up something believable. Any Phenom II x6 is still in high demand on ebay, with most selling for $100. Any x4 has easily been eclipsed in demand by the 2500K. The x6 was very relevant until Ryzen finally offered Phenom II owners a reason to upgrade.

You're fucking retarded. I had my 1090T at 4GHz for day to day use, with 4.2 being possible for benchmarking. The 955 didn't overclock any higher than that, and would be raped in terms of performance in any load that uses more than four threads.

Enjoy telling yourself that your shitty old CPU is not only relevant, but better than objectively better chips from its own product line. I can only assume you're too poor to move on like the rest of us.

>with most selling for 100$
While Phenom II X4 955 been selling for 50~80$ for years now and is a MUCH better stone. Keep denying the reality, faggot.

Cry more, shithead. My personal Phenom II X4 955 BE back in the days could go 100% stable 4.5GHz under FCWCL.

Kill yourself retard, any x4 CPU died when the legendary 2500K came out, the x6 held it's value because Intel refused to make a 6 core on a mainstream platform.

You're the only one crying here, friend.

>M-M-My 955 is the bestest!!! Stop saying it's not!!! REEEEEEEEEEEE

My 4GHz overclock on the 1090T was with a single tower air cooler. If you want to bring more exotic cooling solutions into it, a 1090T will reach 4.5GHz with a custom loop.

Stay mad, you hilarious dumbass.

ESAD, imbecile. Phenom II X4 stayed 100% relevant even when AMD shitted out Faildozer AND 8350 after it. OverClocked X4 955 BE actually was BEATING the so-called self-proclaimed "8 core" 8120 for one.

>My 4GHz overclock on the 1090T was with a single tower air cooler
Mine X4 955 BE could go 4.2GHz on air too, so what? the point was - X6 shitted itself to oblivion if not under water when on anything above 4.4GHz, while my X4 955 BE very EASILY got to 4.5GHz on FCWCL and those were 100% STABLE 24/7/365 CLOCKS.

Are you fucking retarded? X6 > X4, X4 > 8120, therefore, X6 >> 8120

>1090T will reach 4.5GHz with a custom loop
Only in your pink wet dreams of delusional denial of the reality, lamer. "Reach", maybe, but it'll BSOD in 20 seconds after that, mine X4 955 BE however could STAY at those clocks for whole YEARS in a non-stop usage scenario, and that's EXACTLY how I was using it ALL THE WAY up until late 2015. The shit was SO CASH that you can't even DREAM of having that experience on that X6 plebshit of yours.

X4 955 > any other X4 and X6 > Faildozer

It is YOU who is the retarded one here, because now you're screeching autistically "X6 > X4", which is a complete and utter FUCKING LIE BTW, when X6 is TWO LESS """""(((cores)))""""" than Faildozer and FOUR-CORE X4 BEATS """""(((EIGHT-CORE)))""""" 8120! You were shitposting about "more coarz > less coarz" and got owned for it, and now you're owning YOURSELF by your own hands! You've been OWNED TWICE now!

Is this autism or some other kind of mental disorder?

You're the biggest retard I've seen on this board in quite some time. Even going to this much effort for ironic shitposting would hand you that crown.

nah. as long as there aren't any bent pins

also how the fuck did you those things stuck there