Places to write code

I'm not even going to be subtle about this, I'm looking for a place to ostensibly write code (and I will probably end up reading about kubernetes or some shit so it's not totally a pretense), I want to pick a cafe or somewhere that has WiFi access and would let me use their power sockets but the ulterior motive is to see if any females come through.

Anywhere like this in typical UK cities? I was thinking of the most obvious ones like Starbucks or Caffe Nero but I'm not sure how friendly they are to people who would take up a table and just be on their laptop for a few hours. I'd probably buy a couple of drinks every so often just to look legit.

>a nigger doesnt use a mac

The Truth

Does this mean niggers aren't as dumb as Sup Forums told me?

isn't that an indian tech support/telemarketing lady

>wants to write code
>needs internet access

Stupid brainlet.

>fizzbuzzer detected

>to see if any females come through.
You want to see if women visit cafes? The answer is yes.

>he can't write fizzbuzz without asking about it on Sup Forums

It's not an absolute requirement, just useful to have, also Stackoverflow you dip
Which ones specifically?

>It's not an absolute requirement, just useful to have, also Stackoverflow you dip
Yeah, if you're a javashitter pajeet. Get out of Sup Forums.

Starbucks employee reporting in.

Part of the company's identity is the "third space" concept, which is just somewhere to spend time besides work and home, so officially, we can't kick anyone out even if they don't buy drinks. There's a woman who regularly holds interviews in my store and has never bought even one drink, and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it.

It may be a little different in the UK, but if you buy a drink, they probably won't give a fuck if you hang out all day, especially if it's a busy store.

If you want chicks, consider the surrounding area. If you're near a college, expect college chicks. If you're near an elementary school, you'll get exhausted moms. Near a mall? If it's upscale, you'll get housewives, and a shitty mall will get you a nice mix, but mostly high school girls, which, careful with that user.

Just be smart. Starbucks at the very least has your back. And be good to the staff, and they'll be good to you. It's also company policy to spoil regulars.

My american friends told me it's considered rude to continue sitting in a venue when you've finished your order.

Did they lie?

>Which ones specifically?
What are you looking for?

>He's so clever he doesn't need the internet to write code or fix problems
Keep pretending you know how to program, kid
Holy fuck. Thanks. I'm glad I made this thread now. I'll probably even buy a few drinks there just for the hell of it now.

Coffee shops are different than a diner or a restaurant.

And it's not necessarily rude, lots of people do that anyway. It's just many restaurants like to open up more tables during busy times and try to discourage that.

I told you to fuck off pajeet.

Ones with tits and holes.
>He calls me pajeet as if that is even derogatory
>He uses software written by Pajeets
>He needs to go back to /pol

Then yes, those women visit Starbucks.

Like said, coffee shops are a different beast. "Turning tables" is the concept in restaurants, and the idea is that anyone staying past when they finish their meal is taking a slot thay you can't make more money on. But at a coffee shop, the tables are just extra, people pay at the counter, so we could be totally full and still make money.

That said. Some people still find it rude, and I wouldn't do that at a local coffee shop. But officially, Starbucks can't kick you out. Locations will vary, and some store managers bend the rules, but that's the policy.

Yeah man, glad I could help.

Don't get the maple pecan latte, it's shit. Most everything else is fine though. Except french roast. Tastes like an armpit, and not in a good way.

Good luck with the chicks.

First reply was meant for:

librearies is the most friendly place you can find. those places you show there are trash, to much noise and listening to music while working wont work, its distracting and reduces your efficiency, just trust me on that one.

Also that black lady is the most based one there, even if she is black...

I'm not really looking to do much work tb.h, just want to get to talk to women. Not sure if libraries are the place for that. Also anyone who prefers something other than a Mac is usually OK.

You won't find many non-mac users in starbucks.

Could try looking for coworking spaces on coworker.com, desknear.me etc.

how are you going to start a conversation in a cafe with laptop?
>hey grrl, look at that method i just wrote, slick huh?
?

I can only assume this is a weekday at noon and these full grown adults are sitting in a coffee shop doing absoutely nothing.
How do they sustain themselves?

Write code wherever the fuck you want, who the hell asks people were to go to code? Go and fucking code out by a waterfall in the sunlight as the deer graze by.

Go to a public library.

can you guys not read?
he specifically wants to pretend to write code so people see him "write code"
fucking christ. READ.

Then put a c++ tutorial on one half of the screen, a text editor on the other half, and then below the text editor (or built into the text editor) a console. Then you learn the basics of coding, but people when glancing over will think you're working on some big project with documentation on one side and the project on the other.

I went to a buffet the other day and did that.

Sounds like the move of somebody who eats at buffets
I'm sure the other lardasses were really impressed

I'm 170 pounds and 6'0"

And insecure enough to feel like you have to defend yourself on an anonymous internet forum :^)

I use the public library. The one near where I live has private rooms you can use too, so I just reserve one every day.

Not sure about europe but a lot of american cities are starting to get public work areas specifically for programmers. There are at least 3 of them where I live and I live in a medium sized midwest city.

I'm just autistic about getting the last word.

Fag

bro u won't win this

Are you sure

Yeah

Nah