IPhone 8 slower than Note 8?

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

youtube.com/watch?v=HqSE9e60RIA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VJBvyfjtwyE
youtube.com/watch?v=UXwVGmvtgEE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

iOS 11 isn't fully optimized yet pls understand sirs thank you

Not particularly loyal to either phone brand, but I'm curious what the point of these threads are? Is it bait for a flame war, or does an extra second or two really trigger people who wouldn't have noticed a difference without a side-by-side comparison?

Post purchase rationalization is a hell of a drug.

isn't the iphone 8 actually more expensive than the note 8

If you're implying I purchased either of those phones, you are mistaken. I'm using pic related, and have been for close to 5 years.

depend on your location

Why would I be implying that?

You asked what the point of these threads are, I answered.

Who is rationalizing anything in the OP?

In America, the 8 plus is $800 here while the note 8 is $900

Ah so you ARE OP and you're same fagging.

Gotta get those bumps I guess.

Bloody hell apple you said fucking 25% faster...

No, I'm not. I was hoping the OP could tell me what the point of these kinds of threads are, though. The entire point is lost on me.

Besides, I thought the OP couldn't bump his own thread.

I don't give a shit about either of these phones, but applefags have been shitposting geekbench results for like a week where the iPhone 8 absolutely crushes the Note, so seeing it actually perform worse is kind of funny, if not all that unexpected.

not to mention that iphone has worse screen colors.

Counting how many posts are in here and how many posters there have been, SOMEONE is same fagging.

>I don't give a shit about either of these phones
Really? Could have fooled me with you "WHAT. THE. FUCK." OP.

Sounded like you were freaking out. But you don't give a shit? So what's the point? That you spent longer watching the video, screen capping images, typing out your posts, and uploading your images to show that one phone is slightly slower than another phone than the average user would spend "waiting" for said shit to load over the course of 6 months?

Why do you need to play the same game as other retards?

25% faster than what?

The people who are purchasing new flagship phones are not the people who are concerned about value for their dollars. They are concerned about their image.

I'm not OP, famalam, but that's a nice rant considering you allegedly don't care either.

I'm pretty sure the only reason people are buying latest flagship phones is so they can get their hands on a better camera for whatsapp selfies and lewd nudes.

Well there have only been 6 IP addresses posting in this thread, with 22 posts (now 23). SOMEONE is obviously same fagging, and it's probably OP.

I don't care about the phones themseves. I care about another thread dying for what seems to be blatant bait for a flamewar, and am hoping that there was some other reason, like maybe OP forgot how insignificant phones really are. As long as your experience isn't unpleasant (ala Gingerbread 3.1, my last experience with a smart phone), then the investment was worth it. I don't get the fascination with making others regret their investment. Why do some people want to take away the happiness of others?

Except it doesn't. It's very color accurate. The comparison isn't even fair in that regard since the iPhone x will use OLED.

Yeah, a Samsung OLED.

799 for 8p, while n8 is 930-960.

Please learn how to use fucking google/bing

the colors are still less vibrant than the note 8
even apple admits their shit sucks so that's why they're going to be using OLED screens manufactured by Samsung

>799 for 8p, while n8 is 930-960.

Don't you mean the N8 is 929-959

If you're gonna be so fucking anal you correct his $800 for the iPhone to 799, only right to be fair to the competition.

Oh wait, you're obviously sucking apples cock, never mind, carry on.

You both hit the nail right on the head.

You got BTFO

How do you lose to a samshit lagdroid bloat 8 apple?!

YOU FUCKING DONKEYS!!!!

I hate both Apple and Samsung, but that's a silly test, since both do just fine.
Why not test something that actually affects practical performance, like loading websites or zooming photos etc.

Not watching a 10 minute video, but the iPhone booted faster, loaded McDonalds faster, loaded Pintrest slower, loaded Vimeo slower, loaded Uber slower, loaded the app store faster, loaded the camera faster, loaded weather faster, loaded mario slower, and loaded NBA 2k18 faster.

3 minutes in, they seem roughly on par. Most apps seem to load within a second of one another, but Mario was 3 seconds slower, and NBA 2k18 was 3 seconds faster.

So a mixed bag, and Apple is the cheaper buy.

>and Apple is the cheaper buy.
Yeah because it doesn't have as nice a screen, nor does it have a stylus, which is the Note's redeeming feature.

If you don't want the Stylus get the S8+ which is basically identical besides the lack of Stylus and is $150-250 cheaper than the Note8, making it cheaper than the iPhone8.

Keep in mind that this is going against a note 8 with a ton of bloatware installed. Imagine if the test was done against a note 8 without the Carrier/Samsung bloatware thanks to rooting.

OOOH! Maybe we should imagine if Copperhead OS could be loaded onto it, too! Then it would be even faster AND more secure! [/sarcasm]

Or maybe I can check my imagination at the door (as imaginations tend to be wild and unreliable), and just compare what was shown, instead of thinking about what if's.

>cheaper buy
I don't get it, you guys said you all had loads of money to blow. What happened?? Surely $1,000 isn't a problem for patricians of your caliber, right?

Oneplus 5 is going to rape the iLag 8

Looks like very bad wifi receptor put apple on devices.

Who the fuck buys a flagship phone every year, I buy mine every 3 years

It's an iPhone 7

This. Waiting to upgrade to Galaxy S9, you know it will destroy Apple. Samsung gives Apple OLED defected screens while the S9 uses the latest high quality fab.

I'm not understanding the argument. In fact, I don't understand the point of any of these threads. If you want iOS, you get an iPhone. Then, depending on the size/specs/headphone jack, you buy the model that you want. If you want android OS, you have infinitely more options, but the argument boils down to the same: you buy the specs and features that you want.

And just because I can buy a car with cash doesn't mean that I want to blow it on phones. I use a dumb phone, and am perfectly happy with that, as well as the Vaio I got on ebay for 80 bucks.

Ok. But the iPhone 8 will do something that the Oneplus 5 can't do: run iOS, which is great if you want iOS. If you hate iOS, the iPhone 8 could blow the Samsung out of the water, and every other phone that releases for the next decade, and they still wouldn't buy it. People who don't care one way or the other would be indifferent, at which point, android will probably win out (presuming they care enough to part with $900+ for a phone).

I'm not defending apple. I'm not defending Samsung. Not defending anything. Free market can decide what wins, for all I care. I'm just tired of scrolling past blatant bait threads, and am trying to figure out why the people posting in these think that they are any better than the dumb bitches saying that they aren't interested in you if you have green bubbles, because, from an outsider's perspective, you look the same.

It's faster lmao.

iOS is shit. Literally the only thing good it has is iMessage which only children use now. I can't see any real reason to use it over Android marshmallow and up.

t.ex- iPhone 7 Plus owner

LMAO

youtu.be/VJBvyfjtwyE

>iOS is shit
Nice opinion.
>Literally the only thing good it has is iMessage which only children use now
Children use WhatsApp. Millennial bimbos use iMessage.
>I can't see any real reason to use it over Android marshmallow and up.
Which means that the iPhone 8 could have been 5 seconds faster than the Samsung in all tests, and you would still prefer android. Which is totally fine, as people make their own choices for their own reasons, and speed is just a single factor to all that. OLED screens, the apps available, the price of the apps, using other OS's, and headphone jacks are just a few others.

So, I ask again: What's the point, and how are the people who are bitching over less than a second difference per app any different than the bimbos who obsess over blue bubbles?

This, still using a note 5 and it's still going strong as expected of a note but I'm definitely buying an s9 or note 9

>iPhone quicker to boot up
>each phone is faster in roughly half of the applications
>the note is more expensive

Yawn. Stay jealous of superior apple.

The screen of the ipone 8 looks like washed out china shit compared to the Note 8. What the hell, Steve?

B-but the g-geekbench s-scores...

Android fanboy tries hard to push the Note 8... news at 1...

Welcome to OLED. What it actually is is super-saturated colors, similar to what you get with High Dynamic Range, only better. The reason why people aren't shelling out for OLED TVs en masse is because OLEDs used to burn out quickly (which has supposedly been fixed, although burn-in is still a concern) and because the screens are still prohibitively expensive. That said, they have been coming down from about 20 grand for a 55" screen a few years ago, to about 5 now.

Give it another 5 years, and you'll see OLED TVs everywhere, presuming they actually HAVE beaten the burn-out problem.

>presuming they actually HAVE beaten the burn-out problem
They haven't beaten it, but it's mitigated to the point where if you're fine upgrading TV's every ~5 years or so you'll be okay with it.

I purchased my first flatscreen TV in 2007. Olevia LCD 32" for 350 dollars. I purchased my second one in 2014. Sony LED 45" for 600 dollars. My first TV is still being used in the bedroom.

I don't update my TV every 5 years. No point to it, unless you're relying on a Smart TV to watch Netflix. Hell, not even 4k is a good enough reason, unless you have a fucking huge screen or are sitting insanely close.

Yes, I absolutely agree that the screen of the Note 8 is not calibrated properly (or in this case the wrong setting is used as Samsung has a Basic mode which is closer to sRGB).
You can check how correct/incorrect your phone display is with DisplayCAL (Web @ localhost Display).

>options are bad

>note destroys iphone, three apps in a row
yeah, so the note is just a bit faster here
>iphone starts pinout 1.5 seconds faster than note
so this is where apple will absolutely CRUSH other phones because it's just SO FAST and SO POWERFUL

>OMG hardware video encoding doesnt help loading the facebook page!!!
>t. applel retard
more news at eleven, stay tuned

Smartphone fags crying about one maybe two second differences between phone speeds. How ADD/ADHD are you? Fucking autism. Who gives a fuck. Do some of you faggots actually play gaymes on your phone? Your essentially paying 600$+ for a social media device... get a dumb phone before it is too late.

How are tests like these any use?
its retarded to watch some poo in loo press an icon "at the same time" even though its literally impossible to tell if he clocked it at the same time

people believe this shit?

fucking pointless benchmark....

you are what's right in the world

>accessing network at the same time
Dropped.

You NEVER use a shared medium like Wi-Fi at the same time when you do speed tests.

Wait for DisplayMate and PhoneArena reviews before saying bullshit like that.

>Children use WhatsApp. Millennial bimbos use iMessage.
Only in America

HAHA MAD

>I don't update my TV every 5 years.
I update every 8 years.

So it's a fast (for a phone), inferior tool for video shooting, editing and encoding?
Awesome.

ios 11 is pretty much beta at this stage. pretty good that it gets close to latest stable android

>McDonalds app

Smartphones were a mistake.

If you eat at McDonald's without coupons, you get ripped off badly.

How often do you eat at McDonald's where coupons make a fucking difference?

Well okay, I don't know if it's the same in Burgerland, but in Europe, the difference is rather big. You pretty much get two burgers for 1.

Man, this clingy comparison videos are completely pointless.
Who the fuck buys a current-gen phone based on how quickly it loads an application?

youtube.com/watch?v=UXwVGmvtgEE

Ifags blown the fuck out