Smartphone with Keyboard

So why didn't Sup Forums buy the livermorium mod and a Moto Z?
People always shill for the BB passport, but here you get an actual slider smartphone with better specs and for a lower price and it's easy as fuck to root.

The mod is about to be released soon and the Moto Z (play) is a quality phone
indiegogo.com/projects/keyboard-mod-a-physical-keyboard-for-the-moto-z#/

Other urls found in this thread:

motorola.de/products/moto-mods/moto-gamepad-console
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wait till the reviews are out before shilling it

>ask about passport one time earlier
EVERYONE IS SHILLING IT ZOMGGG
nigga I just asked

There used to be threads about it every single day, now there's a thread about the Keyone all the fucking time, while it's a horribly overpriced phone.
Granted the rubber back is god tier on blackberrys, but apart from that it's just chink shit with a BB label and a $300 markup

Yeah I could give a dick less about the brand I just want a physical keyboard and non shit battery/processor so I can play emulators

>$100+ for a clip on probably btooth keyboard
>Probably shitty and thin and not supported by phone physically (hangs off the back)

You don't know a thing about motomods, do you?
It'll fit just as tight as the powerpack which increases the battery of the phone to 6 Ah, pic related.
It works with magnets so it can be removed when not needed, so you get a phone that's thin when you don't need the extras and that fits your exact needs when you decide you need it.

It's also not BT, but connects using the copper contacts on the back of the Moto Z (play). Furthermore it packs a battery, increasing the battery life of the phone

Test

They were planning on putting a 1.4Ah battery in there, but since then they refined the design and were able to increase the size, while making the device thinner.

>about to be released

Is it tho?

I got a BlackBerry KeyOne yesterday and I'm typing this on it. I was going to go for the Z Play, but skipped out on it because of the 32-bit OS and lack of 802.11ac.

If the Z2 Play didn't have a nerfed battery I'd have been all over it.

>sliders are back
My body is ready

Now if there was the same thing, with a gamepad instead...

>Xperia play 2
My body is ready.

the keyboard comes with an own battery, so even the battery life of the Moto Z won't be an issue. I hope you're happy with the keyone anyway though. I'm sure it's a great phone, if it wasn't so expensive I might've got it myself

It is officially supported by Lelnovo, so it's like 99,5% sure that the devs are about to release a product, not like most other indienonos.

There is
motorola.de/products/moto-mods/moto-gamepad-console

they really aren't. The Moto Z will get this feature, but I don't see anyone else adopting this.

Also this, these keyboard mods were supposed to ship in July

I got it at a slight discount, but yeah it's overpriced. I'm enjoying the K1 so far. Battery life on this is the tits with 3500 mAh, a 625 and smaller screen.

Yeah, but you can't slide it. I mean it's cool and all but I'd sacrifice the analogs just for that. A slightly heavier phone that you can just turn into a handheld without anyone noticing.

Well in theory, can't you do just that with a slider keyboard, if you don't want to use analogues anyway? You'd be missing the L and R buttons though. Apart from that you can just map the keys to your liking. It wouldn't be quite as good as e.g. the xperia play, but personally I'd prefer it to touch input.

It used to be absolutely great on my Passport Silver Edition as well.

fucking magnets

isn't battery nothing more than unconfirmed promise?

>unconfirmed promise
The guy has been commenting on the indiegogo a lot recently and the battery seems to be in there 100%, they ditched the slim version of the device without any battery though.

wouldn't the keyboard be flimsy if it's that thin?

Because it's not the Passport.

I wouldn't know, but that amount of material is generally enough to make a solid feeling device, just like former sliders
yeah it features an OS that's actually supported by devs

>yeah it features an OS that's actually supported by devs
I'll gladly take the unsupported one.

yeah, it's pretty nice when you're unemployed or still at school/university.

I don't want to buy the Z and this until next January. It will be kind of aging by then, no? The Z is already a year old.

I mean only retards shill unreleased products

Personally the keyone is pretty good too

Since when does having a job require you to have a native Candy Crush version on your cellphone?

it's high-end phone, and power is not growing up as fast as it used to in early android times. i bet it'll last for years.

i backed this keyboard thing, and when i'll get it i'm going to buy z play. z play is less powerful than "normal" z, but i'm sure it'll be more than enough to keep it all smooth for years to come.

Personally I don't need more than a 820 and the only thing besides that that will get upgraded (like in the Z2) is the camera and maybe some RAM.
If that's important to you then wait and get the Z2 I guess.

As I mentioned earlier, the keyone is pretty neat, but people on here are always like "I miss sliders", but nobody ever fucking mentions this mod that's essentially all these people are asking for.

a native 3cx client, or working smartboard integration might be something working folks might require.

may I ask why you're planning to downgrade from your Z? I mean with the battery in the keyboard mod you'd easily get through an even busy day.

That's pretty good user

Good to know. I'm out of the loop because I still have a GSIII. I'll probably get the z force since it's the best and I like to keep my phones for multiple years

if you get the force a screen protector is an absolute must, as you can scratch the plastic screen even with a fingernail. With a screen protector you cann slam your phone on the ground, without the screen suffering any damage. The panel still might though.

>z downgrade
no no, don't get me wrong: i don't have any motorola phone now. i'm just going to get one when i'll get the keyboard and decide that it's good enough for me, otherwise i'll sell keyboard alone on auction sites.

i use z5 compact now, i'm spoiled when it comes to battery life. if i'll see some kind of well-done benchmarks and it'll say that moto z+battery in keyboard comes close to z play without anything, i'll consider "real" z. Would be nice to get better camera, although then again z2 play is also an option.

I'll get the force for sure because I upgraded from the brand new Bionic back then after shattering the screen on a sidewalk.

the moto z with battery pack, if it supports efficiency mode, should be able to be on par with the play, possibly even a bit better.

aw man, I hated the original GBA because the screen would scratch easily from the touch of a fingernail or even a tissue.

>battery pack
you mean, 1400mah battery pack in keyboard, or 3500mah "real" battery packs?

I literally have a 10keyless in my bag I just plug in :v

>a native 3cx client, or working smartboard integration might be something working folks might require.
Something few working folks require. Besides, work will provide you with a work phone if your job requires that.

As I said, get a glass screen protector and you're fine. The idea is to have a soft, unbreakable screen and a hard protector that might break, but is replaceable.

I meant with the battery in the keyboard. With efficiency mode you can get like 90% of the extended batteries mAh to the phone, so the 1400mAh (according to recent updates it should be slightly larger now) and the internal battery would add up to roughly 3800mAh, which is more than the play has. The play with the keyboard mod would of course offer even better battery life.

see

I literally pulled out my Droid and Droid 4 an hour before I saw this thread just to play with the keyboards. At first I hated moto mods because they were all stupid and ugly shit like JBL speakers and hideous external battery, but if I could have something with flagship specs and display, the relatively good balance of stock android with good proprietary hardware integration/optimization like motorola has (I know it has bloat but beats the competition by miles), an external keyboard, AND maybe this is asking too much but the rubber soft grip from the moto maker thing, that would be my perfect phone. Fingers crossed that this doesn't turn out to be shit

>hard protector
I thought they are a piece of sticky film, i.e. soft material

same kind of hype here, i'm looking at my droid 3 and wonder if my soon-to-be fanmade droid 5 isn't going to be too big. still, software-unlocked phone with proper keyboard, couldn't be more excited

i hope this works with the Z2 Play because it's the only one that supports Freedom Mobile's stupid new LTE

there are tempered glass ones that fall on a 6 of mohs scale of hardness, just like any other smartphone screen.
it doesn't look like the back will be rubberized sadly.
I actually bought a Nokia E7 not too far back just to try it out again after all those years. Had to send it back due to some issues, but man those keyboards were the shit.
5.5" really is quite big, but I'm sure I'll get used to that.
Maybe also take a look at the moto edge mod, that shit looks pretty dope as well if you ask me. It has been delayed a lot, but it's looking good recently.

Same. The reason I still have GSIII is directly due to cancellation of Droid 5. I'm still holding on years later for a HW keyboard phone. Passport wasn't worthy as a Droid spiritual successor, in my eyes.

there's plastic film screen protectors, which is what you're thinking of, and tempered glass screen protectors which are exactly what they sound like, a piece of thin glass. The plastic ones are usually shit and don't feel nice to use whereas a quality glass one will be near indistinguishable from the actual screen

all moto mods work with all Moto Zs, whether play or no.

Damn that is some fancy new shit. Might just go with Force then not just for screen but for battery. In the keyboard packs a battery, even better. I'll be golden for a long haul, hopefully 5+ year lifespan phone as the GSIII's been.

>it doesn't look like the back will be rubberized sadly.
that makes me wonder how hard it would be to apply this spray rubber coating thing on plastic back of the keyboard. if i'll feel like the keyboard does not feel like it should, i think i'll do more research on it, see if it sticks on the plastic or not and other things like that

if you're talking about plastidip, don't. That shit will start falling off after a week of putting it in your pocket and pulling it out. It's neat stuff for some uses, but everything that has some wear and tear will fuck it up in no time at all

If below is a photo of the back of it, those sipes will be good enough. I liked that the Droid didn't have a rubbery back. It still had a surface with a lot of friction. Felt so premium.

That's my Turbopower pack, not the keyboard, sorry if I confused you there

Keyboards are pointless. Stop trying to uproot he past. Unless you in terminal, which most of /g doesnt even know how to code, it is completely pointless. stop op.

It's a personal preference for a personal device. Don't like them? Stick to touchscreens.

You're a faggot. Don't like it? Go back to R.e.d.d.i.t.

i write a ton of emails so it's actually very helpful

If it works for the Moto Z Play I'll literally cum

Of course it will all Moto mods work with all Moto Z's, play or no

cum then, motomods are one platform. if you have connector, it works - always, every generation, every add-on. moto z2 play would also support it.

This looks sexy. Fuck.

are you official shill? if not, where did you got those webums from? can't see them on their kickstarter page

>landscape keyboard
So fucking stupid.

>get message
>have to respond
>open keyboard
>textbox takes up entire screen because Android is garbage
>have to close the keyboard to see the reply
>have to open the keyboard again to respond
If you're going to put a fucking keyboard on a phone then make it portrait, otherwise don't bother. There's a reason these things died.

you are aware that keyboard won't appear on screen, right? textbox is taking up just small chunk of display on the bottom, i used landscape android keyboards up to android 4.2 and there was no problem

The text box isn't the keyboard. The text box will often pop up on many applications. It wasn't until fucking Android Marshmallow that google FINALLY changed this, and half the developers out there are still probably using old APIs even now.

Can't go back to something I've never been to

this keyboard blocks the back camera

slide it. i remember one of my phones was using space to take photos, it was really comfortable to hold this way.