This legitimately made me furious...

this legitimately made me furious. I suppose it's somehwat progressive to be able to mine coins with some silly piece of javascript nowadays, but they are now raping my processor power

the fuck do you all think about this

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/coinblock/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so next time I open google or something my CPU will be used for mining?

it wont be feasable, if it doenst use webCL..

if you had 5000 users a day, you'd mine $25/month lol

you could earn more with e-begging or selling t-shirts lol

pls gibe $2 to my paypal [email protected]

use noscript

takes a true autist to distinguish OS based on a single chrome window

No, next time you see someone eating something brown you'll immediately shout "SHIT EATER" because you have a weird obsession with shit

are you blind?

But you use it too Juliya...
I've seen you shilling for it naughty girl

Made me mad too so i made a firefox extension to block all the scripts from coinhive
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/coinblock/

>WAHHH HE USES SOMETHING I DONT LIKE AND IT DOESNT AFFECT ME IN ANYWAY SHAPE OR FORM

>LET ME CALL HIM A RETARD

>HURRRRR
The post

can you make it so it replaces the adress with the user's instead of blocking it

Wut

>don't like you laptop heating up?
>don't like you battery draining?
>donate to my site and I will disable coin mining.

This is the future of the web. SAD.

>you could earn more with e-begging or selling t-shirts lol
(((Sam Hyde )))

Sums up why js is cancer.

>make your own coinhive
>replace each site's coinhive address with your own

It's diabolical.

Piratebay could make more from simply setting up a patreon accounts. People get thousands of dollars a month doing literally nothing on there.

it uses webassembly and if you have an incentive for the users you can easily make bank with it, even if it's not as much as normal ads right now. the point is to create an alternative because internet advertising is a dying platform

at one point the creators of the system were making about $6.6k a month from mining with a maximum of 2,000 users mining and they seem to have had a constant ~22kh/s hash rate since then

They use web assembly. It runs within an order of magnitude of native code, though no SIMD instructions yet.

They also mine coins that are designed to be mined by CPUs. Some people didn't like that bitcoin quickly moved from CPUs to GPUs to FPGAs to ASICS. So now some coins are very serial and memory intensive so CPUs are optimal.

Jesus christ you're a fucking retard.

as if i could not just disable the stupid mining code

Honestly, I find this relatively acceptable, except if I'm running off a battery.
It's much preferable to advertising everywhere.

>javascript cryptominer for your website

I found a pretty easy solution to this.

That would only benefit yours, it wouldn't touch any other users.

>internet advertising is a dying platform

Adding every single site that comes up with this bullshit in the near future won't be as easy though

ublock already added it to block list

It depends on how they go about this, if they point back to their site as the script source like TPB did, the lookups will be blocked. Blocking scripts on the local browser will hinder any local hosting of the script.

>Blocking scripts on the local browser
There you go

this needs to be illegal
>captcha Christ Hatten

>internet advertising is a dying platform

NoScript ftw.