/mkg/ - Meme Keyboards General

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/3b7glk/tai_hao_double_shot_pbts_are_not_100_pbt/
tmall.com/mlist/cp_tO-2-9PFu_rQtbrPvfCw5rv60LW8_MXMODe8_A.html
ebay.com/itm/24K-Gold-Springs-Cherry-ALPS-DIY-GH60-MX-Vintage-Keyboard-SPRiT-Edition-/222646306347?hash=item33d6c1062b:g:hs0AAOSw2xRYkxFX
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are good quality PBT keycaps with transparent characters possible? They don't seem very common.

Yeah, I doubt that. They usually look like shit and have a shit ton of misaligned legends. Dark colored keycaps also have lots of stain marks on them, pretty similar to abs shine. This set you are posting didnt reach buyers yet, lets see if the final product will look close enough to this sample.

>Double-shot PBT exists
Does it? Pretty much all the "doubleshot pbt" are actually pbt with pom or abs infill. Leopold promised a true doubleshot pbt set tho, but i dont recall anybody testing it yet.

What color is the under side of the keycap?

Yeah vortex and ducky make some

My buddy is in Japan right now, what keyboards should I have him pick up from there?

Any topre keyboard. They're like 40-50 bucks cheaper, with the exception of meme ones like the HHKB line up

Filco convertible, maybe some archiss progrestouch.

>chinkboards edition

Don't worry, I'm here!

i would unironcally buy that keyboard for a friend i know that is a huge naruto fan, where can i buy it.

comfy, I wish I didn't live in yurope. Can you take a white user in friend?

Leopold are producing double-shot PBT keycaps and are refreshing old models with these caps. They won't be available for purchase separately for a long while though.

Tai hao has true double shot PBT, but its also tai hao

Dont think so.

reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/3b7glk/tai_hao_double_shot_pbts_are_not_100_pbt/

What's the cheapest way to get my hands on a Leopold FC660C delivered to Australia?

What are the differences of POM vs PBT?

looks like the EK810 Naruto Edition mechanical keyboard. its from china and build quality is probably shitty

>are you serious?

taobao or tmall I guess:

tmall.com/mlist/cp_tO-2-9PFu_rQtbrPvfCw5rv60LW8_MXMODe8_A.html

You would need a proxy to ship it to west thogh.

>dat pic
reverse dyesub looks like shit.

finally my custom 100$ keycap arrived!!!!!!!

What is that monstrosity?

Chink knockoffs

alright lads. I've recently acquired an old logo DELL at101 with salmon alps. The keycaps are thick PBT and sounds amazing.

My problem is that while the switches do feel good they are inconsistent, probably because of the age. Some feel like they take less pressure and the more used ones feel a bit mushy. And the board is rusted a bit because it's made from steel.

Would some silcon oil on the side of the salmon part of the switch help? Or should i get a matais keyboard and put these nice ass caps on it? Because the spacebar is mushy and doesn't have enough spring to it.

didn't meant to quote, i'm tired.

Also the switches are the old style ALPs.

Nothing in this picture is worth $100

>having a uterus on your keyboard

Does that mean you are a pussy, or that you get pussy?

Dont, alps boards dont take liquid lube very well. People usually recomend powder, but I have no idea what to use.

You should get new springs though:
ebay.com/itm/24K-Gold-Springs-Cherry-ALPS-DIY-GH60-MX-Vintage-Keyboard-SPRiT-Edition-/222646306347?hash=item33d6c1062b:g:hs0AAOSw2xRYkxFX

>The keycaps are thick PBT
>shine everywhere

They are just regular thin abs. Probably made by tai-hao.

What's the issue with non-pbt in-fill? Aside from claiming to be double-shot pbt+pbt when it's not. Issue of wearing out at different rates?

>Board is rusted
Was it abandoned outside? Maybe there's gunk inside of your mushy switches or those springs also ended up rusting.

are you taking in account the table to?
checkmate

THanks. I was reading a thread on geekhack about them fucking up some bulk order or something, but i can't find any other seller.

I'm hoping they are fairly heavy though.

It's from wear. The thing is almost 30 years old. And i bet someone used something pretty damging to clean it after a coffee spill or something.

Rust is probably from drink spill desu. Yah i opend all the switches and cleaned out the gunk

Those aren't PBT keycaps, they're ABS. The PBT ones are nice and thicc

They are. All the sources and everything i've read say the dell Salmon ALPS bigfoots are PBT and made in the USA.

There where PBT versions, but the keycaps look different
>The keys useplate-mountedtactileAlps SKCL/SKCM seriesswitches (either salmon or black). Thekeycapsare reported to be ABS; while yellowed examples are very rare, an Alps-made AT101 has been found with all keycaps except space bar the original colour, suggesting the use of PBT for all keycaps except space bar.[1]Early keyboards had printed keycaps, while the 'W' variations have laser-etched keycaps.
>The case is largely the same in all variations, with a cable channel on the bottom. Some collectors are of the opinion that cases made bySilitekare in a plastic of less quality than Alps's original case. Later examples use ABS keycaps, and often suffer from random distribution of keycaps that have faded more than others. The connector can be eitherPC/ATorPS/2.
Most of them where ABS, like yours

Mine are not yellowed at all and is the original model.
The later models used ABS. That wiki page contains all the models. This one is the very first model.

Look at your keycaps and the PBT ones on the wiki. You have the ABS ones.

newby here, why the fuck does it even matter anyways?

They are PBT i feel like i could stand on them. They didn't make original USA at101 salon alps with ABS.

Do you want me to hit them with a hammer for you?

go ahead and post the results

I'm not the guy you're debating with but PBT is more brittle and would probably shatter if you stood on them, so if you truly feel like it would withstand your weight it is most likely ABS plastic. Why do you think PBT keycaps are usually so thick? It's to make up for their main flaw - being brittle.

Because they are not wobbly. They have zero bend to them.

Also the dells with PBT have circles around the edges whiel the ABS are one width at the corners.

That looks doubleshot therefore ABS

Part of the plastic is black, it's probably doubleshot ABS. If you can pull that slider out and the plastic underneath it is all the same colour then they are PBT dye sub.

Or just put some acetone on the underside of the keycap and we'll know for sure.

Also the wear on your arrow key and shift key gives it away, PBT doesn't shine that badly.

They could be double shot PBT, but I doubt it. Does the black stuff come off?

I don't have any acetone but it sinks in water

over 20 years old does.

the dark grey ones don't sink float. I think they are abs. hence the shine on the arrows

I hope you're actually a slant eye and not a horrible weeb who wants to feel like they live in nippon

Its weird since all pictures of dell PBT keycaps don't have a black bottom. Does that stuff come out

ABS can and does sink as well according to tests done on deskthority.

I guess i'll ask a neighbor for some acetone or something. I don't want to drop 20 on it.

keep us posted, this has me intrigued.

i want a keyboard made entirely out of sanwa buttons

I might just have to go to homedepot because this was all he had and i'm not sure if there is any or enough in these. I want to know

You dont ned acetone.

>take a jar of water
>boil
>put keycap inside

If it warps, its abs. If id doesnt, its pbt

But that could damage the keycaps. If he put a bit of acetone on the bottom he could still reuse it.

he doesn't want to permanently fuck up his keycaps.

OK i'm going to the supermarket to get some acetone from the girly nails section. I will be back.

Ah, but he is so sure they are pbt. What could possibly go wrong, right?

OK how do i do this? Or how do i know? I will test both color plastics.

swab the inside and post reaction

just pour some on the bottom that way if it is ABS the keycap won't look like shit.
it should end up like

You should also keep something to neutralize the acetone incase you wish to cease the chemical reaction.
To neutralize acetone, use isopropyl alcohol, then follow up with soap and water; be sure to rinse thoroughly.

This is what happend.

Should i wait longer or use more?

yah the inside is fucked up. Not pbt i think

Yep, its abs, as expected.

case closed, back to regular business guys

I really want a blacklit chiclet keyboard with a mechanical typing feel but i can't find anything, can someone help?

Thanks. used the alcohol solvent on these junko caps

hold out for the aizo mk-c

Havit HV-KB390L

Interesting. The wiki doesn't mention anything about double shot ABS. I'd say go to deskthority and ask them to update it

Isnt this that keyboard mateo teased some months ago? Is he working for azio now?

idk what a mateo is

OK wil do.
Should i post in the "Deskthority wiki talk" thread?

yeah, they might ask you to take better pictures tho

He's an Italian cuck who's up his own ass ever since designing a 65%

Those are nice keyboards, I haven't heard of low travel mechanical ones like that before but they look good. Are they a relatively new niche thing or have they been around?

Pretty new, there used to only be Cherry ML which sucked ass, now new and improved Kailh brought out good low-profile switches earlier this year.

Is it possible to get a mechanical keyboard with smaller keys?

so normal/standard amount of keys just all smaller in size.

thank you to the user that recommended i resolder all my pcb joints after my keyboard randomly stopped working. it works fine now, saved me from spending more on another keyboard. i am very happy :)

Where can I get this?

Taobao or Tmall. You will most likely have to use a forwarding service if you are not in China.

Good taste in sunglasses.

potato photo but nearly finished kitting this out

just need the tsafox addon kit and i'll have he right row profile for right shift and mods

mebbe i'll get novelties for the escape button

KBD75?
pretty nice

ye, want a nice tkl for my next project though

>want a nice tkl
Same thought.
I want this

yeah this is the one i have my eyes on too, not really willing to go above $400 on it though

Best clicky switch?

Tried Cherry greens. They were pretty awesome.

Tried Gateron greens, they were absolute trash.

Building a dactyl soon and want to try a new switch.

Can't wait for XDA Godspeed.

It isn't DSA, but it is certainly better than SA.

each to their own, i really like sa profile, nice deep keys and not too wobbly with the right switches

Matias clicky

Too wobbly

Your dick is wobbly

buckling springs

>THIS IS SO RICEY BUT I WANT IT

why?

It would actually have use for me because the shortcuts for Blender are all numpad and then I can trigger them with my left hand