Privacy is an illusion

etherrag.blogspot.com/2013/07/duck-duck-go-illusion-of-privacy.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c2ExwOAjLNw
github.com/privacytoolsIO/privacytools.io/issues/84
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you want to avoid TLA tracking, you need to stop using pretty much every mass-produced piece of electronics and live in a cave in a remote region.

>CÚCK CÚCK GOY

this. Want some untraceable tech? check out this guy youtube.com/watch?v=c2ExwOAjLNw

>Duckduckgo

just use searx

>If you want to avoid TLA tracking, you need to stop using pretty much every mass-produced piece of electronics and live in a cave in a remote region.
Drones find terrorists in mountain caves all the time. There is no privacy in the real world unless you're an average shmuck.

exactly, privacy means now as much as it would mean if you were in a worf pack's territory, they'll fucking sniff you out and come get you, so just don't fucking go to their territory which is very clearly marked and you'll be good for life.

You're worried about people getting into your house. For starters, you suspect that the lock company has a template to recreate your keys, which is labelled with your name and address. There's also this creepy dude who lives across the road. He's always staring out of his telescope, which is conveniently directed at your front door, and you swear that you've seen him walking suspiciously through your driveway in the night.

Now, this is all rather concerning. You spoke with the police, and they say that what your neighbour is doing isn't technically illegal, so they won't do anything about it. They also tell you that attempting to take is telescope is illegal too. Moreover, the lock company isn't obligated to destroy their templates; you should just trust them that it'll all be fine. The templates will be useful if you ever damage your lock, after all!

Nevertheless, you go looking around. You find another lock company, which promises to destroy the templates in front of you after they've completed installation. You get your locks changed. You also keep your keys on a chain in your jacket, rather than in your back trouser pocket. Can't be too careful, after all.

A few days later, a friend of yours comes over. They remark at your new locks, and ask you to explain why you changed them. You explain, but are only met with ridicule. "Ha, you'd stop the lock company from accessing your house, but not your neighbour? The company would lose all its customers if it used its position to steal your possessions, whilst the other dude can just take it and run away! It's not like having one less threat makes the situation any better!"

You hang your head in shame. Your friend is right, after all. It doesn't matter that you've stopped half of the danger; there's still an ounce of risk. You may as well just leave your house unlocked. If you're life is doomed to be forever in some amount of danger, may as go all the way for the sake of comfort, right?

Privacy is a matter of great concern to those who care about themselves.

Anyone with facebook/instagram/twitter can disregard this and go away in your daily routines.

For those still left, protect your identity.

wolf* fucked that one up

>protect your identity
from who? Trust me when I say if the NSA wants info on you, they'll fucking get it, don't believe in the "true privacy" meme. Just don't become a target and you'll be gucci

Information is of valuable to anyone that is not you.

meaning? Sentence didn't make much sense

A Worf pack?!

mate I corrected it asap don't diss me I'll hack you're xbox live account

Found a furry

But I love Worf

Unless you use the Playstation network.

Kek

no mate I simply used nature as a metaphor for power hunger and it's domination, I fucking loathe furries

I don't, can't like startrek for the life of me except for the new movies, which says a lot about me being impressionable and 20

definitely a furry

They used yandex for awhile.

all right if you say so

Red pill on DDG: github.com/privacytoolsIO/privacytools.io/issues/84

tl;dr DDG is save and you're all memers

If you're connected to the internet and you are producing any kind of activity, it's being logged.

When the fuck will you goobers realized that?

>not chaining tor, 5 vpns, and multiple custom proxies to anonymously browse from your computer you build from scratch with all parts designed and fabricated by yourself on an OS that you programmed yourself directly in your custom assembly language while you work in a Faraday cage

it's like you aren't even trying

any alternatives you recommend?

You're right, I'm not, good job user, you're the person all of Sup Forums aspires to be but is too much of a brainlet to be, including me. You're our batman

Will someone please greentext a relevant excerpt in this article or something, like has all 19 IPs ITT read the article themselves or something?

Random blogpost by some random tech illiterate.

It's in the link. Startpage. I will use ddg anyway, i want to avoid google, not nsa.

Alternative to what?

Did you read the link?

>Update: Wow, I didn't expect this blog post to spread so widely. First of all, let me say to those accusing me of hating on DDG, I am a DDG user. I think they have a great service. This post is solely about the misconception that seems to have spread primarily from The Guardian article that DDG can somehow protect you from NSA monitoring.

In short you can't escape NSA with an amerishart website.

wew

>he actually reads articles
>he doesn't just opinionate like a sperg about shit he doesn't understand
the future is now old man, this thread isn't even about tech anymore, it's about shilling out your favorite brand just because your father bought it all the way through your middle school years

EVERYONE READ THIS: When you're in country X you will connect to the DDG server located in country X.

I meant this board, fuck I fucked up

>using the most retarded regex bloat on the web

>AnonymousNovember 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM
>wow wow wow... aside from brett and matt4542 you guys are as ignorant as you are blind... and maybe deaf too. they call y'all "sheepal";
>a) Tor is a about as private as a toilet thats. centre stage of madison square. with snowdens disclosure that the nsa targets encrypted connections, and the "anonymity" of the peered connections (whatever the onion network calls them) not only is matt4524 is exactly right, you're holding a god damned microphone between your legs while u number 2 on the Lou centre stage at the Madison2.
>b) Brett not only hit the nail head dead centre, he drove it in on the first hit.
>thats 2 for 2. the sheepal haven't formed a concept of their own opinions, instead they assimilate those opinions expressed by social networks such as peers family and media.sheepel will defend any mainstream [mis]concepts as though they are their own ideas or the sources of info are credible and non partisan/non biased
LOL. This is pretty much The Fallacy of Gray, the comment. Vulnerable to state-level attackers' most valuable capture technology, the kind one three-letter agency wouldn't want to share with another without a good reason? It's like shitting in Madison Square with a mic up your ass. Observe that all or nothing thinking is fucking everywhere in discussions of privacy, Sup Forums included. Those who promote it should realize that the end result is more people thinking "okay, I'm fucked anyway, so I might as well use Google and Chrome and..." instead of choosing somewhat better privacy.

Duckduckgo CEO Gabriel Weinberg......

Go back to Sup Forums, retard.

explain how this solves anything to someone who knows nothing of it