Hi guys

Hi guys,

I am a college student studying Computer Science. Although I was born and raised in America, I am ethnically Indian (dot not feather).

I am doing well in school, and I would say I am just as good at programming if not better than most of my ethnically American peers. I get better grades at most projects and I do help them out with some concepts. I know of some more Indian friends studying with me in America and they are really smart too, most are top of their class.

But when I come here I see most of you making fun of programmers from India. Why is this exactly? Maybe I haven't met them, but are most Indians bad at programming? This sub certainly makes it seem so. Whether it is a story about your company offshoring work to India or talking to Indian developers, I see hardly anything positive being said.

I just wanted to know why this is? Is there a stereotype in this industry that Indian developers are not very good? Please let me know!

Other urls found in this thread:

durgasoft.com/
youtu.be/CRUa_09IOVU
researchgate.net/publication/256912696_From_offshore_outsourcing_to_insourcing_and_partnerships_Four_failed_outsourcing_attempts
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's because they are taking our jobs.

>but are most Indians bad at programming?
Yes
They also work for pennies so they get hired easier, then a more skilled programmer has to fix their mistakes

go back to india

>manager and CEO recently had impromptu "meeting" in which they sorted through pajeets on upwork/freelancer while looking for a new developer
>mfw they were offering to do my job in addition to several others for less than half of my pay

durgasoft.com/

This will explain the stereotype.

Holy shit what a clusterfuck

youtu.be/CRUa_09IOVU

THE FUCKING VIDEOS ON HIS CHANNEL

Really makes me think...

It isn't you, specifically. It's the tech companies which
a) hire pajeets who come here on H1-B visas and
b) outsource jobs to low-skilled designated shitters overseas
instead of hiring skilled and homegrown workers from this country.

>This sub certainly makes it seem so
"sub" as in "subreddit"? this isn't reddit, Rameesh.

This is satire, right?...

"pajeet" typically refers to Indians that are doing outsourced work in India, not to the Indians who immigrated to the states, have integrated well, and are working in tech.

because literally shit code

>"pajeet" typically refers to Indians that are doing outsourced work in India
>not to the Indians who immigrated to the states
Pajeet refers to any currynigger. Wtf are you talking about?

Oh I see that you guys are talking about indians in india and not american indians i had no idea about that but my Dad(who lived in India) is a good software dev he always tells us how he is highly regarded by his peers and the team he leads is the most productive of the company

like said, we're talking about h1-b (immigrants) and overseas workers alike

Sure bud.

You're an American you idiot, not an Indian.
We're talking about Indians in India who are programmers and go to those horrible Indian programmer schools and do our jobs for literal pennies

I'm kind of like you (but Allah Akbar Indian, not dot, and technically born overseas but moved when I was 3 years old and naturalized). Pajeet is a caricature that serves to define what each Sup Forums poster feels is their antithesis. Since anyone can post on Sup Forums anonymously, there's no other way to distinguish ourselves from the normie encroachment into what used to be our niche hobbies. While Sup Forums and Sup Forums give the Pajeet meme a racial and political tinge, at its heart it's mostly about the attitude we have about programming and tech versus the undeserved, underperforming, and undercutting foreign workers who devalue the identity we want for ourselves as developers and engineers. And maybe a bit of projection, too.

I'd be more concerned about being a dumb frogposter.

WHAT THE FUCK

>being an anchor baby apologist
REPEAL THE 14TH

go to bed, alex jones.

Can you cool it with the autism?

This.

>I am ethnically Indian (dot not feather).
We call your kind 'pajeet'

Companies will contract H1B workers,outsource software or contract companies outsource or contract H1B Indians.

Making you wage low and bad laboral environment.

Need jump Machine learning,Distributive system or Change anti pajeet jobs as actuary, in actuary begin calculate risk using mathematics models and software, begin anti pajeet because you need learn current law USA plus something economy, best thing begin build machine learning system as actuary, because actuary using low mathematics compare B.S math or Physic and begins bad software developers.

Hi all so I am an Indian born software developer currently placed in a Fortune 500 Company in India , so I read all the comments just to gauge what is the reason behind your not so hidden biased against Indians , and the one word that came again and again was "Culture" . Seriously so you guys are more worried about one's culture and his eating habits rather than his code quality , and if you have a Indian who is better than you , so he is one of the outliers , is he ? It is pretty laughable to consider India as a centre for bad developers just because you have had bad experiences with Indian consultancies which I believe are absolutely atrocious , but that is only a subset of all and there are still extremely talented developers from India considering that 2 of the top four have Indians as their CEOs while most of the US institutes have to take in people from China and Russia to compete in ACM-ICPC , the pinnacle of coding competitions . As said by a person in one of the comments "The problem is simple, American students (of all ethnic backgrounds) who graduate with a CS degree are now having to face competition from immigrants. In CS, it just so happens that most of those immigrants are from Asian countries such as India. So now the same jobs the CS grads and other aspiring developers have worked so hard to get are at risk of going to some Indian immigrant who is willing to do it for half the price, there comes the frustration. Americans are now in a tough situation with their jobs because some guy from India decided he is going to get into that lucrative profession and do it for half the price. Most of the times, the guy is hungry, ambitious, and getting into the profession because he wants to feed his version of the American dream. Unfortunately, there are only a select amount of resources to go around even in a country as great as the USA (those resources in this case being CS careers),

and sometimes Americans get the short end of the stick because a company will hire some Indian immigrant who is willing to do the same job for half. So there you have the unemployed worker who wanted the job which he worked hard to get (the degree and all of that) but all the while, some Indian immigrant who will happily work for 40k/yr for long hours just took it. The same immigrant will live in a house with 30 other family members and do everything he can to move up in the career world because he is hungry, ambitious, and anything here in the USA beats the horrible living conditions in India. So the very ambition and work ethic of Indian immigrants willing to do jobs in tech for a very low price frustrates a lot of Americans who got into the tech field partly because of the pay itself." If you are generalizing Indians on basis of a handful of examples I will call you jealous , bigoted and racist and there are many as is evident from the number of people supporting Donald Trump. So in my opinion it is a level playing field , if I am better than you and cost less than you then it should not be a issue about my race , my culture or my place of birth. Its not as if people from USA are ninjas of coding , just saw a statistic on Hackerrank.com which shows that USA performs only marginally better than India in competitions (28th ranked) so I believe this is a case of jealousy that someone will replace you if you are overpriced or not doing your job, if the company replaced you with a younger less earning individual , its not his fault , period. Let the Hunger Games of insulting begin.

I can taste your mad from here

>be me
>pajeet
>write java
>poop behind server rack in data centre
>microwave curry in some tupperware

I'm not going to waste my time reading that obnoxious wall of text, Kumar. You need to reformat.

Going to assume this is not bait for a moment. Dude, you are taking this "pajeet" shit too seriously, you do realize that the whole "pajeet" and "designated shitting streets" meme was sparked by some Indian dude on Sup Forums taking banter way too seriously, right? Pic related. If you keep getting butt-mad over banter and shitposts on Sup Forums, you deserve everything that is coming to you.

I am , I begin Mexican, I end up compite on online freelancers sites agains indias and still makes more money average programmer on Mexico, yes USA had great CS community, but to born USA begins compite agains inmigrants begins suicidal, I know how poor are third world countries, people will hard work to take care families, and be grateful to life on USA, but born American need know how hard are becoming begins software developer.

Let's be real. If it were the other way round, Indian jobs being taken by Americans, you'd react in exactly the same way.

It's entirely natural to be pissed by the constant abuse of H1B visas for apparent cost reduction

pajeet here

Chup kar be chutiye

Hey dude,

So this sub is basically consumer products, and tech help stuff. No serious or interesting content is here so I wouldn't worry about any one on this sub making fun of you. Picture us as a topical Sup Forums

the worst thing is that outsourcing work always fails and just leaves the workers still left at implied company with more work to do, the same/sometimes less pay, and less time. It fuckin sucks. Companies that outsource development end up just bringing it back in house and having us re do it or at least fix their monstrosity of a fuck up. Why not just give it to us from the start, let us do a job we're proud of, and offer discounted deals on a great future relationship....

>sub

quit white knighting and make fun of the idiot with us

>this sub
the correct name is board, newfag

am i racist for getting a strong urge to wash my hand after shaking an Indian person's?

They literally poo in the loo
Nothing wrong with not wanting e coli

no

its weird. their hand on the outside is tan but inside is white? makes me squirm a little bit desu

It's all shit down to the bone

You need to go back

Indian programming culture is just god awful.
I don't expect anyone to have prejudice against you unless you have an accent.
In my experience with Indians they work to the bare minimum. Usually not even that. Before we ditched our outsourcing company I spent more time fixing their code than it would have taken me to write it. The turnover rate there is also seriously problematic. It's like they give you a new Indian every week. And the culture here is that you teach someone into the project and then they stick around for one or two years, at least. Its completely unsustainable to work with people like this.
And this is not uncommon, I read a study three years ago and it was like someone had documented my experience.
Found it:
researchgate.net/publication/256912696_From_offshore_outsourcing_to_insourcing_and_partnerships_Four_failed_outsourcing_attempts

Its not that Indians are rotten to the core or anything. It's that their company culture clashes strongly with western companies. Companies supposedly have adjusted to this. But I can't see how and we haven't done outsourcing since.

>This sub
Hmm

No you've evolved to have emotions based on situations that may be unhealthy for you.
So you use your eyes and nose subconsciously and then get the urge to bathe in alcohol to avoid disease.