Smartphone with Keyboard

There was some interest in the last thread, so why not another one.

The livermorium mod is about to be released soon. It's a physical keyboard modification for the Moto Z (force/play) and Moto Z2 (force/play) by Lenovo.
Some concerns from last thread:
>will it actually get released?
There have been multiple prototypes, the design also won a contest of which the winner was officially endorsed by lenovo. So in all it's quite probable that the keyboard will be released soon.
>The virtual keyboard will block the screen anyway
Virtual landscape keyboard is disabled when using the mod
>Shitty Blutooth connection
It's connected over pins on the back of the phone. The mod even comes with a battery, last we know was 1400mAh, but according to their twitter they were able to fit a larger one in there in current prototypes

Link to indiegogo
indiegogo.com/projects/keyboard-mod-a-physical-keyboard-for-the-moto-z#/

>landscape
Dropped

well, if you prefer vertical sliders there's the priv, or if it doesn't need to be a slider the BB keyone.
For landscape fags there's nothing around though.

Bump for interest.

>niggers actually want to return to the stone age of physical keyboards
What the fuck?

>retards actually believe touchscreen keyboards aren't a step backwards

>anime reaction face
your opinion is uninmportant

I'm on the fence. I loved the Droid 1. It was the Thinkpad of smartphones. But I'm so used to the KitKat Samsung default keyboard now, with its unobtrusive implementation of swipe word entry. I enjoyed the hardware qwerty phones more, but there's no question that I can produce a sentence faster and with less attention to detail using the swipe method.

It's kinda the same for me, but whenever I switch from my Moto Z to my Passport for a short while again I'm in love with the keyboard in no time. The feel is just so much better

It is kind of like taking a stroll in an automatic vs manual transmission car. Yeah, it's simpler to use, requires less thought, but I'm only using one thumb for all characters. It's not enjoyable. And plain soft keyboards are actually irritating to use.

I would prefer to test the mod out before I buy it and a Z, but that's not possible.

This meme is getting old

I read the indiegogo news reel and I'm sold.
>Hello again!
>This post will be a special one... It's not about a status update, instead it's about your opinion, as a supporter for landscape physical QWERTY device, to tell the world why physical keyboard matters for you.
>In the past few years I was often asked by different people around, "Why you still need a hardware keyboard on the phone? It's obsolete." "Have you tried SWYPE?" "It's a museum piece, and so chunky." Or more reasonable, "Which kind of extra does physical keyboard offer, compare with on-screen keyboard, apart from thickness?" And I bet you were probably asked as well.
>So I start with my own answer to previous questions:
>>Because on-screen keyboard occupies almost half of the screen, I can only see half of the content that I'm editing.
>>Auto correction always corrects my right spelling into a weird one.
>>Navigation or moving cursor is so difficult. (Even with BlackBerry keyboard, with the touch surface it's hard to move accurately, I need the arrow keys.)
>>No fingers blocking screen when navigating, for example, scroll down a page.
>>SWYPE? Have you tried using SWYPE typing commands?
>>I can edit documents much easily. I can easily composing long emails as on a PC.
>>I feel more secure having a keyboard in my pocket... In general. (Well it's my personal feeing and I won't use it in presentation.)
>I can list for a few more but I wish to let you answer that - what makes you sticking to landscape hardware keyboard, and why do you think it's important? Any special circumstance, or scenario that the HW keyboard plays an important role?
>Please feel free to let us know your story in comment. And we will make sure that our opinions will be passed to those important decision makers. :)

Bump for the keyone, the sister phone to the Z play

Hmm, it is so much less bulky than this.

but you also can't angle your phone, which is super comfy in bed

What do you the most on your phone you retard?

how would people make cases for this phone with a slide out keyboard that thick

You put a bumper around the phone and the keyboard is the case for the backside?

Personally I don't use a case/bumper on any of my phones, but it'd look like this

bump

>>Auto correction always corrects my right spelling into a weird one.
>smart enough to make a keyboard mod for smartphone
>not smart enough to disable autocorrect

My only problem is the fact that they are using magnets. I have nothing against magnets and I use them a lot but... I prefer having a real connection between my devices. With any other kind of connection I would instantly fall for the meme.

just get a priv
it has an amoled screen and a slide out keyboard, what more do you want

But it is connected with metal pins and doesn't work wireless?
landscape and a not shit built device?