Where is the iPhone 9?

Why even have numbers if you're going to make it this meaningless?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/waUnxJVKNOE
gist.github.com/sixlettervariables/5571cecb5a9d04b41d03
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In gensokyo

The iPhone 9 is inside of you.
Up your ass.

>Why even have numbers if you're going to make it this meaningless
>anything with S in its model name
muh naming conventions

Where is Windows 9?

Samsung skipped a number just to be ahead of Apple that one year

What is it about the number 9 that tech companies dislike so much?

where is Linux 9?

they should have named it iPhone, to signify that it's a completely new generation of the iPhone, like starting over.

They'll just call it X1 X2 X7 ETC

7 8 9
xD

>Where is the iPhone 9?
It's gonna be released next year, along the iPhone 11.

iPhone X-2
iPhone XI: Online
iPhone XII
iPhone XIII
iPhone XIII-2
Lightning Returns: iPhone XIII
iPhone XIV: Online (recalled)
iPhone XIV: A Realm Reborn
iPhone XV

Underrated post.

For Microsoft it's because Windows had 2 products (named Windows 95 and 98) they started with the number 9 and they thought that if they made Windows 9 it'd be more confusing for programs to check which version.

ayyy lmao

>Lightning Returns: iPhone XIII
kek

>Galaxy Note FE
Fire Emblem edition?

kek

Did you never play Megaman?

I guess when the X2 / XS comes out they'll also release the iPhone 9 with the old style body. Can see this coming.

Samsung just copies Apple so they keep on skipping numbers.

I think Apple named it 10 because it's 10 years after the first iphone.

Cirno did nothing wrong, everyone needs to stop bullying her

what?
the new iphone is iphone aXe

Means "no" in German, juden.

Where is Windows 9?

Here's my theory:
They're waiting for the components to become cheap enough that they make the iPhone X line the only iPhone they sell.
Next year or the year after that they'll have the iPhone 9 and 9 Plus which are just revisions of the iPhone 8, and they'll have an iPhone X1 or 11.
The year after that there will just be one iPhone, the iPhone X2 or whatever they fucking want to call it.

To align with the Galaxy S numbers

youtu.be/waUnxJVKNOE

This one has a reason.

gist.github.com/sixlettervariables/5571cecb5a9d04b41d03

windows already does version spoofing for older programs (if a program isn't manifested for 10 it thinks it's running on windows 8), the real reason is 10 is marketed as the "final" version of windows and it sounds better from a marketing perspective than 9

Yeah, hence why I linked the rebuttal to the original claim. This one says "I blame marketing more than the engineers"

>iPhone 9 was the name given stillborn handset under development by Apple in 2016
>iPhone 9 would have been the first iPhone to use liquid metal construction, metallic glass and the first to debut the Apple Neural Engine
>iPhone 9 promised to be a quantum leap over previous generations of iPhone however due to problems in it's development, it was never released to the public and instead a rushed evolution of the iPhone 7 took it's place

>details of what went wrong are scarce but leaks from insider suggest that product testers experienced strong headaches after using the device for even short periods.
>electrical resonance within the liquid metal frame was suggested as a cause however this was never confirmed as senior Apple engineers forbade further testing on the device

>problems were also reported with machine learning tasks carried out by the Apple Neural Engine, with Siri becoming sluggish or unresponsive over time and high CPU usage causing overheating.
>these features were removed or scaled back for subsequent A11 based models

>despite the cancellation it's rumored that Foxconn has over 10,000 units of pre production iPhone 9 units in dead stock at it's Longhua plant.
>this stock is kept in secure storage and is completely off limits to Foxconn employees
>spurious reports that workers experienced mild headaches from even handling the stock and that all machinery used in their production has been destroyed have been dismissed as hearsay

The iPhone 7 iPhone 8 the iPhone 9

They skipped 9 cos it sounds like NEIN in german and no one wants Hitler back

2017: iPhone 8/10
2018: iPhone 9/11
I don't think they thought this through

This. X is a new product line. Think of galaxy vs galaxy note.

They are keeping the X name, idiot

9 will be a revision of 8. X2 revision of X.

So if they come up with a 9 next year that's going to be the first time they can't say it's the best iPhone they've made huh. I still think the X should be actually X and not Ten so that they can still use numerical order for another 2 years.

Nope. They released the X at a huge price and short supply because they don't have enough OLED screens. Samsung is making them as fast as possible and Apple is just using the as they get them. There's actually a very limited amount of OLED screen factories in the industry.

I know that. I was just trying to make a bad joke you dickmouth.

Underrated.

It’s the X as it’s a version to signify the 10 year anniversary of the first iPhone