Complains about muh botnet

>complains about muh botnet
>uses a tracking device with a backdoor that can be enabled at any time to access the camera and microphone

Explain again why you own a (((smartphone)))

Other urls found in this thread:

networkworld.com/article/3004493/mobile-wireless/how-wireless-providers-are-quietly-cashing-in-on-your-location-data.html
adage.com/article/datadriven-marketing/24-billion-data-business-telcos-discuss/301058/
theverge.com/2013/4/9/4187654/how-carriers-sell-your-location-and-get-away-with-it
cbsnews.com/news/san-jose-will-track-cellphones-during-super-bowl-50/
airsage.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't complain about it

to use the internet

I don't own one :)))

Android phone at that.

I'm using a really old phone while holding out for an alternative

For Internet access in remote areas and communication.

Do you really need a smartphone for that? My old Sony Ericsson phone could do tethering through USB.

I do for 4G

I can't live without google maps on my phone anymore. It's shameful.

Use paper maps.

I used to, but now you can look up shops and restaurants on the fly, with descriptions and reviews. It's just pointless. If you get a dumb phone, everyone in any given room has a smartphone on them anyway. And you'd do all your browsing on another device and get tracked anyway.

Where do I download the app?

>not printing out your directions from mapquest before you leave

That is exactly why I need a smartphone. The speed at which Google maps keeps adding new features is fucking crazy. I have to move to different places for work often and without Maps I cannot survive

There's a reason why military still uses paper maps in some cases. When you are disconnected from web or power, this is your only option. At least have them as backup for electronic maps.

I don't.
I also don't tend to complain about botnets.

>apple respects your privacy
I've seen this meme repeated so much I can only assume it's Apple marketing.
here's why it's bullshit
Apple users are the most subverted people on the planet.
You simply don't get that fucked up without someone who knows you personally whispering into your ear at all times.
It's known as the gay brand. I don't think I need to even prove its users are totally 100% subverted cattle.
Clearly not free men.

bump

>Sup Forums whines and bitches about being tracked by the NWO
>Doesn't listen to /k/ about living off-grid and vanishing into Gray Man status once shit goes down.

Only thing NWO knows about is your last known location before you ditched your smartphone, which you will be miles away from with your weapons and gear by the time any coordinated team gets to the trash can you dumped it in.

The trick isn't to stop yourself from being watched. The trick is to make what they see when they watch you boring enough that they look the other way long enough for you to vanish.

> The other really destructive and, I think, even more insidious lesson that comes from accepting this mindset is there's an implicit bargain that people who accept this mindset have accepted, and that bargain is this: If you're willing to render yourself sufficiently harmless, sufficiently unthreatening to those who wield political power, then and only then can you be free of the dangers of surveillance.
-- Glenn Greenwald

Yeah let's all just conform that'll show em

How can you not see anything wrong in this mindset?

I'm not conforming. I'm just not being the guy that waves a sign saying "You don't own me! I'm behind 7 million proxies and I'm gonna take you all down! Fear me!"

Your souped-up rig that runs Ubun-Linu-Minty-Debbie-Syphyl-AIDS and is behind 7 proxies is who you are. It's the real you. It's where you are free. It's you when you're naked.

Your smartphone that tracks you is your sanitized, politically correct image. It's putting on a pair of pants before going out to hide the weird shit growing on your dick. You need the one so that people don't pay too much attention to the other.

And if that stops working, and you become something that (((they))) want to have "removed," whether for something you did, or something you know, or something you believe in, you ditch the phone, put the computer in the microwave, and grab your rifle, and go innawoods.

Cause no amount of fancy backdoors, or VPNs, or real-time GPS tracking, or microphone bugging can compete with a pissed off guy covered in mud and explosives running around blowing up cubicle farms.

Until then, have your neutered "good boy" device to show how not interesting you are.

I can't defend myself
I'll simply disconnect more and more when able.

>seriously complaining because a smartphone could possibly track you if it was hacked
>not complaining because cell service providers retain the metadata for your connections to their towers for at least a year and sell that data to whoever wants to buy it, no matter what cell phone you carry
A few articles for those interested:
networkworld.com/article/3004493/mobile-wireless/how-wireless-providers-are-quietly-cashing-in-on-your-location-data.html
adage.com/article/datadriven-marketing/24-billion-data-business-telcos-discuss/301058/
theverge.com/2013/4/9/4187654/how-carriers-sell-your-location-and-get-away-with-it
cbsnews.com/news/san-jose-will-track-cellphones-during-super-bowl-50/

And one of the companies that buys the data:
airsage.com/

If you are carrying a cell phone for any reason other than emergencies, with it turned off at all other times, then your cell service provider is selling your rough location data to advertisers.