Libre ROMS thread

What is the most free as in freedom ROM for Android phones?
I am trying to install LineageOS but it I am just encountering problem after problem.
-Overheating
-SIM not working
-Home button not working
-Battery draining
-Random re-boots
-Browser randomly stops

Other urls found in this thread:

lineageos.org/Changelog-14/
android-hilfe.de/forum/root-custom-roms-modding-fuer-samsung-galaxy-s5.1567/galaxy-s5-bootloader-modemversionen-fuer-custom-roms.775771.html
puri.sm/shop/librem-5/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What phone do you have user?

Honestly I dont see the point of Rootin/Custom ROM nowadays.

Get dirty unicorns

Android without Google for starters.

inb4 but google made android hurr durr

Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte5)
I mostly dislike all the bloat and want more control over my phone to restrict the

I literally only do 5 things with my phone and nothing else:
Phone calls
Watch/Take images
Listen music
Read ebooks.
Send/read e-mail

surprised no one said it yet
Replicant, they only support very few phones because of blobs though, and yours isn't compatible.
Try to use it without Google Apps and try to replace proprietary with libre ones.
With S8 lag even when changing between home screens, this HAS to be a bait

Oreo when?

Anyone know where to get Cyanogen Mod 13.0? Replicant is based on CM13. I found 12.1 and 14 with the waybackmachine.
I dont know... is CM12.1 less free than CM13 or 14? or it doesn't matter?

SIM didn't work on hlte but that was easily fixed by flashing latest radio with Odin3.

When it's ready.

lineageos.org/Changelog-14/

>flashing latest radio with Odin3.
Where to get it?

First of all I don't even know what variant of the S5 you have. Maybe some niggerlicious carrier locked ones like all you US fags do.

Check sticker, box whatever.

SM-G900AZ
SM-G900F
SM-G900M
SM-G900R4
SM-G900R7
SM-G900T
SM-G900V
SM-G900W8
SM-S902L

Which one of these?

SM-G900F.
Its European. I think it uses Qualcom, but not sure.

You fine with German link?
android-hilfe.de/forum/root-custom-roms-modding-fuer-samsung-galaxy-s5.1567/galaxy-s5-bootloader-modemversionen-fuer-custom-roms.775771.html

Grab the latest bootloader and baseband for Nougat and flash them with Odin3 in download mode. You know the deal... like you did with TWRP. That should get you RIL working.

Awesome. Thanks mate.

When you did that report back. On hlte a friend of mine saw reboots during the first day. It was normal. Then reboots were gone. Home button was working for him. Note 3 doesn't have fingerprint reader. Battery draining is totally normal after you install a custom ROM. It takes a day or two for things to settle down. Overheating is normal. It will cool down after things settle down in the background. Heck after flashing back stock the phone will be warm to the touch as well. As for the browser idk... that should work as well. Unless you use their shitty browser.

Did it work?

Its all my fault

OP is always a fag.

Works on my phone :^)

I always liked Resurrection Remix

Been running lineageOS without gapps on my Nexus 9 for about a month now. It's pretty comfy. I'm going to run the same setup on my phone soon.

Purism is collecting funds to make a free-er phone here: puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

Why cannot update lineageOS? I think I might of picked the wrong ROM and it also seems to be out dated

Unofficial builds don't get OTA updates.

Isn't it laggy and developed by pajeets?

Worked fine on my device. What else you recommend?

>Redmeme Note 3
>Lineage 14
>Nanomod microG & signaturespoof patch (because lineage devs are too afraid of google to enable it)
Overall it works reasonably well but it is too far away from "free as in freedom" concept. It still runs chink firmware, unaudited android rom and a shiltload of sketchy pajeet software.

I've been running LineageOS nightlies on my klte, never really had a problem. Battery lasts the whole day if I'm not playing games and I've definitely never had a problem with the sim.
Were you trying the latest available LineageOS at the time?

XenonHD is very stable, just dont flash gapps, and instead flash nanomod for full smart phone funciobality

>cant even mess with the filesystem
You don't own the device goy

>replicant
The Macbook of ROM's
You need a dongle for anything useful

Lineageos

If only my galaxy s2 still worked...

Still why so few devices and no modern ones at all?