servethehome.com/amd-epyc-7281-dual-socket-linux-benchmarks-and-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

840W under Ln2 just running cinebench
youtube.com/watch?v=rEdXayoA1Es

seems like a good processor for MMO

HOLY FUCKING CHRIST
THIS IS LITERALLY GPU TERRITORY

Literally wow

So, apparently it's around 10-15% faster than threadripper..

But costs 100% more
Has 16 PCIe lanes less
Has no ECC
Uses more power

Go home Intel you're fucking drunk

>2 more cores
>some ~7% higher IPC
>higher clocks
>only 10-15% faster
Oh boy.
Long live Israel!

>Has 16 PCIe lanes less
And people will buy this.

I'm more annoyed by its power use and lack of ECC, I can live without the lanes to a degree.

>they're charging a premium for this

just holy shit

Add to that:
Requires dongle for RAID
Motherboard cables get hot from the power draw and few even have 8+8 pins.
Even if you delid & dejizz the CPU, it's still a hot and power hungry monster.

It costs $2k.
EBYN 7551p is only $2100 and it will rape it silly (and has 200w mode that will offer you some 3.2-3.4 12core boost for gay man).

Funnier thing is that this is closer to a 1P 32core EPYC in price, which sodomizes it.

This, the only drawback that nobody can buy EPYCs yet besides companies, they'll probably hit the market in a few months.

Ye, i wouldn't mind 1S board from supermicro and 7551p right now.

>comparing server to desktop hardware

Waiting on at least 24 core for TR4, not sure if AMD will offer 32 core on it just to give a big middle finger to intel.

Aren't the epycs being sold to us the gimped ones too? Low clockrates or something? They're still tr4 compatible right?

>Sup Forums does not understand marketing 101

The 7980XE isn't really pegged to sell by the truckloads, it exists solely so that Intel can say they have the biggest number of corez and the fastest prosumer shit out there.

AMD has low prices because they need market share, watch them bump the price for Zen 2 just like how Intel steadily increased their prices after their Sandy Bridge line.

servethehome.com/amd-epyc-7281-dual-socket-linux-benchmarks-and-review/
>With Intel positioning the Xeon Silver line for low-power servers, it has left the entire segment vulnerable for a performance option to emerge. That is what has happened with the AMD EPYC 7281. AMD simply has more cores, more PCIe lanes, more memory channels (running at higher speeds) than Intel has and Xeon Silver is ill-equipped to combat AMD’s competitive entrance in this segment.
Oy to the vey!
When your "desktop" hardware costs only $100 less compared to competitor's top 1S offering - it stops being desktop.
Not going to happen. That's EPYC territory. 7401p is *only* $1075.

>The 7980XE isn't really pegged to sell by the truckloads, it exists solely so that Intel can say they have the biggest number of corez and the fastest prosumer shit out there.
It will lose to 7551p in nearly everything.
It will lose to 7401p in nearly everything.
Also,
>prosumer
>no ECC
?

EPYC would still be good for 128 PCI-e slots and multi-socket boards

>zen 2 will be 6core ccx 12 core r7 24 core Tripper and 48 core EPYC
intel are getting fugged

>more cores, more clocks, more IPC, faster interconnects
Literally shoah.
Even K8 was not as spooky for Intel (because it was stuck in the 90's era of 5year R&D cycles).

>comparing server/enterprise chips to desktop """enthusiast""" platforms
Found the retard.

Intel's
>desktop """enthusiast""" platforms
costs as much at competitor's 1P offering.
So yes, i am free to compare them.

If Intel prices the 18 core at around $1200-1400 where it belongs, nobody would be comparing it to EPYC

This is Intel's fault, they think they can price their 18 cores at 32 EPYC prices(certified supermicro ECC boards, 8 channel memory, memory and VM isolation, up 2TB memory per socket, 44 vs 120 lanes )

Nope, just nope, Intel completely fucked this up.

when the desktop chip costs as much as a server one you're doing something wrong

The absolute state of the processor market ohhhh lmao

If AMD ever releases a 24+ core with single core turbo close to 4.0GHz I'm honestly getting it for my homebox

Literally who cares?
My electric foot heater is 2400W and I leave it running all night, even when it's not that cold.

Why does Sup Forums pretend to be cco-conscious when it comes to processors and video cards?
I would wipe my ass with electricity if I could, it's the dumbest thing to stress about.

single core turbo to 4GHz is extremely doable, the 1950X turbos 4 cores to 4.2GHz

They may (as a simple BIOS profile for their power management), but i dunno how cooling will handle the hotspots.

>Being this stupid

Its the new house fire king.
There is no turning back now.

>1000W through the socket is totally safe!
>*snack*
>*crackle*
>*pop*

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

DEEEEEYY LIEDDDDDD
REEEEEE

They're not selling it as a server platform but feel free to be retarded.

It's buttexpensive yes but it shouldn't be compared to Xeons and Epycs.

>the city state of Intel

You should replace the heater with a GPU mining set up

Also you have to dissipate the heat from the CPU, more there is the hardest it is to do, and you have to delid your $2000 CPU for 20C better temps

Why shouldn't it? The prices are similar, you only get benefits from moving to the server platform.
Everything is money, Intel's being retarded by pricing their HEDT so close to a fucking 32 core.

triple that is safe in first world countries

I didn't know they made premium LGA sockets for certain countries

>Around 200 idle
Does this CPU pay for my electric bill? I'll think about fire warranty later.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH

>541 WATTS

not likely

wanna bet?
There will be hundreds of videos coming up on youtube to promote it.
The only word people care about is "better" no matter the price or other circumstance.

LOL THIS IS BAIT

>use heater
>turn on computer
>it trips the breaker
kek

>up to 80 amps/960W
>1600W PSU for the CPU and two 850W PSU's for the GPU
>liquid nitrogen cooler at -150°C
>CPU STILL HAD POSITIVE TEMPERATURES

How the fuck are you supposed to cool this thing?

You thought NetBurst was bad?
Now you have a literal furnace from Hell.
The Jews made the ovens themselves.

Imagine this
7980x at 4ghz
2x rx vega 64 not undervolted
5chink 500w psus rigged with jumpers and shit to power the whole thing

AVX is not meant to run at 4.6 GHz. This is where offsets come into play, especially when overclocking.

So what's the power look like at normal clocks?

HOUSEFIRES

HOUSEFIRES EVERYWHERE

>SOPA
Threadripper have 27ºC temp offset

So this entire review can't be trusted?

This thread is racist!

Why is Sup Forums so racist towards Jewish people?

>t. Intel representative

>Temperature Reporting
>To keep a "consistent fan policy," AMD is forcing 20C offset on the Ryzen 1700X and 1800X processors. This makes them report temperature a good 20C above what the sensor reads. All models on the AM4 Platform have the same maximum tCTL value.
>Threadripper has the same thing and has a 27 Degrees C offset. The primary temperature reporting sensor of the AMD Ryzen processor is a sensor called “T Control,” or tCTL for short. The tCTL sensor is derived from the junction (Tj) temperature—the interface point between the die and heatspreader—but it may be offset on certain CPU models so that all models on the AM4 Platform have the same maximum tCTL value. This approach ensures that all AMD Ryzen and thus Ryzen Threadripper processors have a consistent fan policy.
>Specifically, the AMD Ryzen Threadripper uses a +27°C offset between the tCTL° (reported) temperature and the actual Tj° temperature. In the short term, users of the AMD Ryzen Threadripper can simply subtract 27°C to determine the true junction temperature of their processor.
yes.

So we should ignore all the performance wins over threadtripper also. Got it.

>200W idle
Holy fucking jesus mother.

this guy gets it.

The threadripper chip in their test is being improperly cooled with a 120mm AIO.

Obviously if a chip is drawing more power it's going to have higher temps than something else with the same heat sink.

Etek really fucked that up

AIOs are shit for TR in general.
A single-tower NH-U14S air cooler has better temperatures than 240mm AIOs and is on par with some 280mm coolers.
Why noctua hasn't bothered to release a TR4 variant of their NH-D15s is beyond me.

>amdrones posting worst case scenario for the 7980xe
Then you look at the normal results for handbreak, and cry.

Noctua said that the NH-D15 would block the RAM slots on X399 motherboards, which doesn't make sense since they managed to make the NH-D15 work for X99 motherboards.

Also, there are several AIO cooling solutions that are designed for Threadripper.

Fake as fuck.

The absolute state of intel

SOPA

how are intel cpus faster than amds while intel processors have lower clocks?

What?

Ryzen is about as fast as Haswell per clock

didnt intel do slides with xeon vs 1800x

Also those temps are not correct for Threadripper as TR has 27C offset, just like there is 20C offset on 1700x and 1800x. So max temp is 90-27 = 63C on stock, 106-27 = 79C overclocked.

intel BTFO so hard.

>soon enough intel will stop producing socket-able cpus since they will inevitable weld themselves to the socket anyway due to the amperage needed per power pin

you hear it here first

Xeon vs underclocked 1800X, kek

user means the CPU socket.

AMD could sell a 32-core Threadripper, it would be gimped by quad-channel RAM and other limitations. But it would of course eat into EPYC sales.

>541w for a CPU

Worst thing is 'enthusiasts' will defend this.

>541 watts
>on a fucking cpu
GODDAMN INTEL that's almost impressive.
The only computer component I know that consumes that much fucking power was the R9 295X2, and that was basically 2 power hungry GPU's with a combined total of 5632 cores.
They're gonna have to start including LN2 and delidding kits with these things.

>But it would of course eat into EPYC sales
I doubt it.
If the price scaling stays the same, it would probably be ~2000$, or about what an actual epyc would cost.
"Enthusiasts" might be happy about having a 32-core cpu with overclocking and other consumer features, but those would be unuseable for servers.
Noone sane would use a GAYYYYMUR motherboard and other consumergrade trash for servers.

It will have 16 cores with no access to the local memory.
8 channels running in 1DPC mode would require new boards because moar traces.
Basically it's not going to happen.

I'm giving this a (You) because the Intel fags never aknowledge anything that contradicts their Goyish ways. Have a leddit tier upboat.

>inb4 Kaby Lake-X comes shipped with LN2 pot

What? 32 cores for $2000?

Ye, 7551p is *only* $2100.
24core 7401p is only $1075.

EKUSUPUROSION

t. Megumin

>8:10
that was 840w at safe clocks, 1000w at 5.7ghz 1.45v.
>9:10
It also hits positive core temps under ln2 at the same1.45v

LN2, thermally limited. HAHAHAHAJHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHH

Just wait, Intel will ship a compressor with every Skylark-Xv2 chip next year

>Buy new Intel CPU
>Buy new motherboard because Intel chipsets
>Put everything together except for heatsink
>Drive down to local nuclear plant
>Remove fuel rods and submerge build into coolant
>Still requires most of the power from the nuclear plant to run and is only 1 degree cooler than stock

Important question: How do Intel get away with labelling this part as 165W TDP?

There's no way in hell a cooling solution designed to handle 165W of power will be able to be of any use with this thing.

It just throttles, basically makes the turbo useless.

It won't need more than 165W... Because it'll throttle itself, not even use that epeen measuring niggahertz 1 core boost.
Ryzen gets astronomic heat because process isn't high-pref, but low-energy, whereas Intel housefires are like... They are OC'd several years old arch. What the fuck did you expect?

Protip for gaymen cpu.
It literally doesn't matter anymore.
144 hz is a meme.
Even 60 Hz is a meme with adaptive sync, and most games are very playable in the 40-50 fps range.
The only game that was legit better at more than 100Hz was Quake 3 arena.

Just buy the cheapest quad core with something like a 560-570/950-1060 and your fine @ 1080p.

>have to delid a $2000 enthusiast CPU
Intel truly king of the tech world.

Even the $10k Platinum Xeons use TIM, Intel has completely phased out its solder assembly lines, I think it saved them some $40 million last year.

Anyway, don't hold your breath for solder in the foreseeable future.