BURN, BABY, BURRRN!!!11

techpowerup.com/237313/intel-core-i9-7980xe-18-core-cpu-6-1-ghz-on-all-cores-consumes-up-to-1000-w
>1000W
>Positive temps under LN2
>2000$

1: youtube.com/watch?v=NR_5RGLMVZY
2: youtube.com/watch?v=izVPe0hFTFk
3: youtube.com/watch?v=izVPe0hFTFk
4: youtube.com/watch?v=dTt8-z27Fd4
5: youtube.com/watch?v=6gEAvxZw7SM
Intel in a nutshell, folks. No excuse, no redemption, no forgivance.

P.S.
Bonus for Intel fans - youtube.com/watch?v=hSFVPqSzWFo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M
tomshardware.com/reviews/-intel-skylake-x-overclocking-thermal-issues,5117-4.html
techpowerup.com/237197/intel-delays-10nm-cannon-lake-to-late-2018
realworldtech.com/forum/?threadid=171842&curpostid=171850
solutions.3mmagyar.hu/3MContentRetrievalAPI/BlobServlet?lmd=1351678548000&locale=hu_HU&assetType=MMM_Image&assetId=1319241050789&blobAttribute=ImageFile
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It doesn't need 6.1ghz to hit 1000 watt loads, just run AVX at 4.6ghz

Just wait. You'll see

Ayymd is afraid. All that development made futile in a few months

>just run AVX at stock

"Afraid" of what? 100500W and POSITIVE TEMPS ON LN2™? Oh I'm laffin' truly hard, kike.

we KW nao processors nao

They did it. They beat ln2. Wrap it up folks, it's over. Technology is over.

Well, purely technically and theoretically, Peltier can go even lower/cool better than LN2, so...if only someone builds a phase-changing insulated wall the size of Jupiter...

>mfw Type II civilication required to run the latest Intel Core i9.

>just mount a Dyson Sphere-sized air cooler on it

>boards for this are going to need 3+ 8 pin eps connectors
>you will need multiple power supplies or high end server tier power supplies to run this thing

what the fuck is intel doing

audibly kekked

>3+ 8 pin EPS connectors
More like "at least two 24 pins".

Kekkus maximus.

>harvest half of a star's energy output to power the Genuine Intel CPU
>spend second half to cool it
>you somehow end up with more heat than when you started

Looks like Intel solved the eventual heat death problem.

Can someone make a compilation video .webm with these songs playing in the background while Intel i9 images on the front? That would've been simply perfect.

This has to be the worst abortion of a cpu that ever existed on the face of the planet.

Intel is a complete disaster.

Someone post the Intel nuclear reactor blast doors

RIP Intel

NetBUUUUURRRRRRRRst exists/existed, so no.
After all, Fukushima wasn't as bad as Chernobyl.

>no putting out the fire with gasoline
Wew

GLOBALFIRES
>GLOBALFIRES
GLOBALFIRES
>GLOBALFIRES
GLOBALFIRES
>GLOBALFIRES

>implying it's not

>do an extreme overclock on 18 cores
>act surprised when it draws a fuckload of power
I really can't tell anymore if this is satire, shilling or people just being plain retarded. This place is awful.

It's the first single CPU to break kilowatt barrier.
Quite an achievement.

Possibly the only noteworth achievement of Intel in regards to CPUs in the past 30 years.

Pentium Pro still exists.

Did pentium pro maintain positive core temps under LN2?
Or is there some other memeworthy colossal fuckup with PentumPro than I'm unaware of besides the temps

Pentium Pro introduced out of order executing and CISC to RISC translation.

holy shit 6.1GHz?

also, how could you forget this?
youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M

Ah.
Those gems.
Yeh..

They very basics of modern x86 CPU.

Top Threadripper AND top EPYC both COMBINED TOGETHER produce less heat and consume less JIGGAWATTZ than ONE Intel Fukushima i9.

I don't see the reason to even bother with a furnace for this mistake. It should be able to burn itself down.

It's a controlled incineration. If you leave your i9 to burn itself down it might start a housefire.

JUST

DELID

MY

SHIT

Netburst was cool desu.
Fucking two thread was what sold it to me.
You youglings might not remember it, but before that, a single background process would literally hang your pc regularly.
Sure it was a power hog, but it was somewhat justified.

Good point. I guess storing it submerged in water is a good practice as well, you don't want spontaneous combustion.

Also, I wonder what glue was used in the i9, as it has to put up with a lot of heat. It's surprising that the guy who overclocked this CPU didn't end up with something that was falling apart because the glue melted.

*puts a 6.0 GHz 7980x with 4 Vegas 64 on crossfire and 5 500W PSUs for each of those in a banker meeting* Nothin personel, schlomo

Hey guys is this how my FX-9590 is supposed to work?

>Ultimately, we’re looking at power consumption numbers similar to some high-end graphics cards when we start messing with Skylake-X. AMD’s FX-9590 doesn’t even come close to these results, if that means anything to you.

tomshardware.com/reviews/-intel-skylake-x-overclocking-thermal-issues,5117-4.html

wew lad

You dont really want to make a peltier system that brings the system under ambient temps, and even then the really hardcore guys have massive rads on the best special snowflake pumps with specially selected blocks with a whole lot of hand made fittings and mounts.

And then they need a quality window AC unit to keep their room from burning up.
So some real hardcore OC nerds build systems that use kilowatts of power continuously just to have peltier cooling reach ambient so their system doesnt die from using a kilowatt+ continuously.

with netburst at least they were able to fall back to the p6 architecture and start making respectable cpus based off of that again

now they've put themselves in a complete corner. what can they even do at this point?

I can't believe I live in an age were an Intel(tm) product will consume more power than a R9 295X2 + FX9590 combined.

Move onto 10nm, which was always the plan

And when it's going to happen? Next year? 2021? Intel's running out of rehashes and AMD's gaining speed, they can't afford to wait.

cannonlake (which is only laptop cpus) was delayed to late 2018, icelake (actual desktop cpus) aren't coming until 2H 2019 earliest

>Assuming the die size is around 400mm2
>1000 watts

>1000/0.0004 = 2.5 megawatts per m2

>If you pave just 100 acres with i7-7980XEs, it would take the entire energy output of the US to run

I'm pretty sure if we paved Sun with i7 7980XE we'd up its energy output by an order of magnitude.

10/10

15225000000 megawatts
or
15 225 000 000 000 000 joules of power
the sun produces per second
3.8 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 00 joules

that would roughly translate to 25% of the energy produced by the sun would be needed to supply the plastered surface BUT i think termal stats would be the bigger problem

Nah, NASA says the surface of the sun produces 63 MW/m2, that's still an order of magnitude higher.

But it's a CPU that's a mere 25 times less hot than the surface of the fucking Sun, just think about it.

P/A isn't the same as heat. Besides, the surface of our sun isn't even that hot with a "mere" ~6000K compared to the 14.5 million K in its core. Compare that to nukes which can reach up to 100 million K. I'm not saying that those chips aren't drawing a metric fuckton power, but Intel isn't there yet. But damn it, they're trying.

Once Intel reaches the point where the military is using Intel chips for their rockets, not for computing, but as a warhead, we should be worried.

ACE FURNACE

fusion btfo.

6.1Ghz across 18 fucking cores is insane! you can't deny it!

Yeah, with no real application. Servers and render farms don't need that much, gaymes don't need 18 cores, cooling it and powering it is not practical.

Simulating core meltdowns :')

kek

WRECKER

>NetBUUUUURRRRRRRRst was cool

>storing i9 submerged in water
Do you want to create a home-made Yellowstone?

>I wonder what horse cum was used in the i9
It's of much worse heat transferring capability than effing real toothpaste, so take a guess.

>10nm
its gonna get blown the fuck out by 7nm

>It's surprising that der8auer didn't end up with something that was falling apart
He didn't use stock dry horse cum, though. It was either Artic Cooling MX-4, or Noctua's NT-H1, both of which are currently best non-liquid metal thermal pastes available on the market.

>You don't really want to make a Peltier system that brings the system under ambient temps
Well, considering i9 7980XE's BOILING MAGMA temps, I sincerely believe that you do. It POSITIVES on LN2, after all. It needs to be Peltier'd WHILE being set in a Southern Pole snow storm environment, to not reach POSITIVES.

I have news for you, kike: techpowerup.com/237197/intel-delays-10nm-cannon-lake-to-late-2018
This is while AMD already finalizing 7nm by the end of this year, BTW FYI. 10nm is literally DEAD.

how do you rice Sup Forums?

See here - , it's more accurate. Bentium 4 is Chernobyl, not i9, because Chernobyl was the past and Fukushima is the present, so i9 is Fukushima.

>A gluing pistol
JUST

MACAQUE

ACKHSHYUALLY the most hottest part of Sun is Corona, not the surface and (amazingly so) not even the core. The Coronal "whips" is the most high energy outburst in our solar system.

>realworldtech.com/forum/?threadid=171842&curpostid=171850
>They intentionally kept it off the roadmaps as a consumer part and put it on as a enterprise part to throw Intel off. I have seen roadmaps with it listed as a non-consumer part (Snowy Owl FWIW). Several friends at AMD confirmed that this was intentional to blindside Intel and it worked, Intel got caught with their pants down. Better yet as far as AMD is concerned, Intel reacted in the most idiotic way, made themselves look stupid, and destroyed margins on SKL-X. I'd say AMD planners hit a home run.
>-Charlie
Ohwew.

Now say his name.
Say his name LOUD and CLEAR.
Because You KNOW you WANT TO.

The SHITWRECKER has nothing to do with TR.

Except that he LITERALLY created it's concept single-handedly AND before he left AMD he produced ideas based on it which will last Zen for AT LEAST three full generations to come. Zen+, Zen 2, Zen 2+, Zen 3 - are ALL his childs. He is THE Zen. You DARE to oppose the GOD?

He has nothing to do with Zen.
K12 is his.

He coined Epyc, though. And Threadripper is an offshoot of Epyc, so you can say that he inadvertently coined Threadripper too.

>Buttmad Intbeciles actually believe this

He never did that. Both Ryzen and EPYC brands were coined by engineer voting (lul).

>Jews buttmad about the fact that just 1 single man could gas 100000 Intlel's kike """""(((engineers)))""""" without any remorse or actual effort at all
This year couldn't get any better than this, can it?

That was only because winXP was not capable of multitasking. It would just give 100% cpu to one task and hang everything else.
under linux single core was fine, I still use my single core atom netbook regularly and although it's SLOW, it's usable with linux.

Faggot I'm on a P4 Prescott right now.

>winXP was not capable of multitasking
Stop spreading autistic FUD BS. XP multitasks just fine (if it's SP2 or SP3, that is).

AMD is always right. Moar cores and hyperscalers are the future.

Actually, AMD is super-right, because it's pro-USA and Americana as fuck. MAGA.

3M has a liquid perfect for this.

solutions.3mmagyar.hu/3MContentRetrievalAPI/BlobServlet?lmd=1351678548000&locale=hu_HU&assetType=MMM_Image&assetId=1319241050789&blobAttribute=ImageFile

Boiling Point @ atmosphere (°C) : 34C
Freeze Point (°C) : -122.5
Specific Heat ( J-kg-1K-1) : 1300
Thermal Conductivity : 0.075

Thermal conductivity of Water at 20C : 0.0014