This distro achieves what ubuntu wanted to achieve

This distro achieves what ubuntu wanted to achieve.

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/20
lwn.net/Articles/676664/
github.com/linuxmint/mintupdate/blob/master/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintUpdate/rules
reddit.com/r/linux/comments/4v116g/can_we_stop_recommending_linux_mint/
zdnet.com/article/hacker-hundreds-were-tricked-into-installing-linux-mint-backdoor/
omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/11/canonical-dev-dont-use-linux-mint-online-banking-unsecure
techrepublic.com/article/why-the-linux-mint-hack-is-an-indicator-of-a-larger-problem/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>being too stupid to use arch
lmao

>distro with no memes surrounding it
no thank you

If ubuntu wanted to be a broken and insecure piece of shit ran by a retard, linux mint achieved that with flying colors

proof its insecure or broken?

No, there isn't. Just freetards being retarded as usual

being this smug to use arch

No it doesn't, it's just as unreliable and glitchy

Wasn't the downloads page compromised for a while?

>being too austistic to use OOTB distros
lmao

That was last year. Also, it could happen to any distro.

>using a timesink fake intelligence validation OS

An operating system is meant to get a job done. Arch users don't have jobs so they have to put what would be working time into the OS. You do nothing with your computer that you can't do with any other distro or, even Windows.

but it didn't user

Linux babby here, switched from various Ubuntu setups to Mint and I find it waaaay more functional OOTB. Never going back.

They literally only had MD5 verification for a very long time, it took the compromise just to implement GPG verification. Plus, linux mint tends to mix debian and ubuntu packages, resulting in very mixed results.

No, it doesn't.

sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/20

well what Sup Forums thinks about this article?

not yet

because people using mint can actually have something else than loli hentai

This distro achieves what mint wanted to achieve and ubunti could never achieve.

but its not a distro but de, and mint has xfce version

lwn.net/Articles/676664/
github.com/linuxmint/mintupdate/blob/master/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintUpdate/rules
reddit.com/r/linux/comments/4v116g/can_we_stop_recommending_linux_mint/
zdnet.com/article/hacker-hundreds-were-tricked-into-installing-linux-mint-backdoor/
omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/11/canonical-dev-dont-use-linux-mint-online-banking-unsecure
techrepublic.com/article/why-the-linux-mint-hack-is-an-indicator-of-a-larger-problem/

Go away. I was you posting the same thing in another thread. No operating system is perfect and Windows 10 has security issues, too.That's why Windows 10 have regular security updates.

*I=you

is there any point to use a distro besides linux mint?

like what real world advantages do you get going gentoo or fedora OS over mint

It isn't. I have been using it since 17.1 and it's pretty nice.
But it's not very customizable (regarding startup scripts and so on).

The best way is still to install some minimal distribution like ubuntu server and add your own DE, it's not very hard to add openbox.

>outdated articles

what about this meme?

kek

Seriously mint is terrible

>It's better than Windows, so it must be okay
That's like comparing yourself to the kid in class who sits in the corner all day and eats paste.

clem thefeeb is retarded

This distro achieves what GNU/Linux wanted to achieve.

Hurrr durrr iys broken because its not linux when i dont need to spend hours on fixing everything. Hurrr durr mint is insecure because articles wrote 2 years ago told me

high quality rebuttal

Arch is great, but I think the idea that it's any more minimal than other distros is kinda false. If the distro has a netinstall option, then that is often comparable to arch in terms of install size.

An arch install isn't as big as the install disk. The install disk is simply packed with a lot of tools that allows you to install arch but also troubleshoot issues with another installed system, like windows or another distro. An arch install isn't a simply copy/paste of the install media onto the HDD. This means you can easily make an install of a few tens megabytes without trying that hard if you know what you're doing.

desu I think it has a terrible logo and brand

but as a distribution it is genuinely user friendly mint+kde would be my go-to flavor of linux to introduce to people with

apparently only ~100 people downloaded the backdoored version

Well that can happen to any distro's page.

But lets say, when mint team got that information they instantly shutted down webpage to stop further downloading backdoored mints.
And they had courage to tell people someone breached the webpage and putted backdoored ISO to links. So people could remove infected mints and change passwords before hacker had decent usage from botnet he wanted to create

Shit happened but for me mint team reaction was very good

Arch:
>mount iso
>partition disks
>install
>customize
Any other net-install distro:
>mount iso
>install
>customize
Wow Arch really requires 250 IQ

but bruh, they're both buggy as shit