Which laptop is most like a Macbook in its build quality?

Which laptop is most like a Macbook in its build quality?

I'm not paying $5000 for a fucking laptop and I want to switch to Windows anyway

Just need a nice keyboard, fairly thin form and a trackpad that isn't dogshit

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Apple-Macbook-Pro-15-Retina-MJLT2LL-A-Core-i7-2-5Ghz-16GB-Ram-512GB-SSD-/401409967783?epid=219424021&hash=item5d75e606a7:g:DJgAAOSwWGlZxa4D
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>soda can aluminum
>build quality
ecks dee

x1 carbon or xps13/15

>aluminum
>quality
what an idiot

say what you will about the macbook, but my dog has dropped it off the table and I've spilled a full cup of water on it and it's still going strong 3 years post the incidents

Razer Blade
Microsoft Surface Laptop
Lenovo X1
Dell XPS

If you really want the best substitute for Mac that's windows, go with either of these. Personally would go with Razer Blade

>Which laptop is most like a Macbook in its build quality?
None. Rest are just plastic junk or glued up junk.
Unfortunately, there is no viable replacement for a MB. If you want a MB, get a MB.

lenovo yoga 900

lenovo x1 tablet

make it the lenovo yoga 900s

Chromebook Pixel

>$5000
>macbook
lol
buy used and its cheap, and you can get the best macbook made:
ebay.com/itm/Apple-Macbook-Pro-15-Retina-MJLT2LL-A-Core-i7-2-5Ghz-16GB-Ram-512GB-SSD-/401409967783?epid=219424021&hash=item5d75e606a7:g:DJgAAOSwWGlZxa4D

You're only going to get disappointed if you expect a macbook trackpad outside macbooks

And I'm a XPS15 user

I'd say system 76

more like buy used and pay five hundred for a fucking core2

XPS has a bad touchpad though.

C'mon OP, get a Macbook!

thinkpad xx20 or xx30 series

>glued up
>some older macbook's "unibody" was literally 2 pieces glued together
>fan blew directly onto the fucking glue
>fell apart when it got hot enough
ah yes, high quality

XPS 13 is what you want

the elitebook 840 g4 has an almost apple-tier touchpad, the keyboard's great and it's pretty thin.

>x1 carbon
Ah, the laptop that gave us this shit keyboard... Why does Sup Forums shill shit tier laptops?

jesus christ that's dreadful

Are you implying that aluminum is worse than the plastic that every other laptop uses?

Except they ditched it in the next generation. Apple however happily implemented the idea for their latest laptops :^)

> thinks I was talking about the touchbar
ok user.. look again, this time more closely.

Try to step on a sodie pop can, then try to step on a Lego.

The build quality of just about every laptop made after the Thinkpad X220 (circa 2012) is fucking pure dogshit. Unfortunately we're stuck with super slim crap with chiclet keyboards. I will say though, I've been mighty impressed with the Toshiba Chromebook 2 (2015.) Been using it as a daily driver for about a week and it's pretty good for the most part.

>Personally would go with Razer Blade

This. Nothing else here feels anywhere as nice.

Any $300 Windows shitbox

Asus Zenpad. It's literally the Macbook of Windows, though cheaper and more powerful.

Macfags BTFO

dude is that seriously your argument

>Chromebook
As if anyone who's not a Netflix binge-watching, social-network using, chatting normie would have any use for that. The Toshiba Chromebook 2 is a great machine for that though, I had advised a friend of my sister to get one since it's all she needs, but she ended up wasting her money on a Macbook anyway (which makes me mad since unlike her I would actually have a lot of use for one of them if only they weren't so pricey). Y people never listen to us?

Acer or HP.

If you are looking for something better than mac I would recommend dell latitude or old good ThinkPad.

The backspace is pretty fucked, but replacing caps with home/end makes a lot of sense to me.

Latest DELL Latitude is basedically a nerfed XPS

He probably means Zenbook, in which case I second it. Have one and it's really great. It's keyboard and trackpad are a lot better than the XPS's, which really disappointed me on that.

keep looking(hint my biggest issue with it was the fucking ~ location...)

He talks about the shitty chiclet buttons I guess

>the laptop that gave us this shit keyboard

Still better than Mac keyboards to be honest.

Nope. Mac keyboard is actually awesome for it's flatness, it gives a lot of feedback despite the little button run. I'm way more disappointed at the XPS with it's considerably high buttons that give little to no feedback.

I need a laptop or good tablet for travel. I need something that I can easily take in and out of a backpack in airport. I will mainly use it for social media management as well as watching movies and simple gaming. I currently have a gigantic Toshiba satellite it's too big to fit in a satchel. I thought about a surface or MacBook but both seem pricey.

Lenovo Miix 510 or Xiaomi are are the respective chink clones. I got the Miix and my only gripe is where the right shift key is

Everything around the same price class is pretty similar, but forget getting anything decent for under 800 bucks or so.

MS's Surface Laptop is probably the best fit due aspect ratio, and generally being very "inspired" by macs. The only issue is Windows, so just get a Mac unless you want to play vidya.

Have you actually used them for longer than two seconds? They feel weird at start but the feedback and firmness is pretty amazing once you get used to it. It won't make you get over hatred for chiclet but between chiclet keyboards, it's probably the best one.

NO TOUCHBAR. dropped

>but both seem pricey
Better spending a bit more upfront than having to buy a new one sooner because you jewed out and bought shit.
If you have 3D vidya in mind, Mac is a suboptimal choice (unless a port for it exists), so just roll with a Surface. It's not quite as good at being a laptop obviously but has the benefits of a tablet.

It's thicker than a soda can

Not the Xiaomi fake macbook please.
It's build quality is awful, a friend at uni had it and it broke after few months...

I have an HP elitebook and the thing is a piece of shit. The trackpad ignores small movements, making it hard to select text. The thing also doesn't sit flat on any table I've ever tried it on.

>Latest DELL Latitude is basedically a nerfed XPS
>tfw
The latitude 7370 would be perfect if they didn't fuck it with core m trash.
>better keyboard
>magnesium alloy palmrest instead of carbon fiber trash
>thin and light
then they put in core m garbage and tried to charge more than an xps
You can find one for ~800 new at dells outlet website, but it's still 800 bucks for core m

Gigabyte

HP is really the worst. They're only good if you need a cheap laptop with enough power for some gaming and 3D, you can easily get a laptop with an SSD, 8 GB RAM and an AMD A12 for less than 400 bucks.

Oh, , guess it's for you.

You listed exactly why I hate it. It would've been great but it's overpriced and underpowered plus I don't live in the US so the 800 bucks aren't even my price (everything's pricier PC-wise outside there).

Which one exactly did they use? I recall some fag running W10 on a 12" Macbook and it was perfectly fine. Some Asus was fine with it too while an Acer with about the same chip struggled. It's not as simple as "muh core m sux"

>lel airplanes are made of soda cans lel

lowest spec is m3‑6Y30 to highest at m7‑6Y75
it's not as much "muh core m sux" as it is dell charging over 1500 USD msrp

I would totally buy one for 2-500 bucks

>airplanes
>strong

LOL

So what? Some plastic 15'6 shitbox for 1k got a faster CPU than any ultrabook too, and some cheap ass Fiat can haul more potatoes than a Ferrari.

You're paying a premium for build quality/mobility (and often a much better screen) which requires to take a performance hit. It's not like one would notice it doing the usual laptop tasks.

They are.

That plane was literally slammed into the ground, since there was no one at the controls (and the remote control was basically useless) there was no cushioning the impact.

they didnt even both matching the specs in the xps.
They gimped the business laptop and inflated the price and gave the shitty consumer version better specs for cheaper.
The performance hit was not justified. It's not like they shrunk a T470 to an X270 and had to lower the specs for thermal management. It would be like if the X270 was more expensive and had worse performance than the an E series "thinkpad" that's the same size.

>what is ground effect.

Also no pilot on board when you drop your Mac off the table.

>matching the specs in the xps.
What about the battery life/weight? Core M should be lighter due lack of cooling and last longer, unless they messed up something of course.

Just given the target market, it's a perfect CPU and you can't blame them for Intel selling it at the same price as mobile i5 (since it's basically the same shit with a lower TDP)

>not using airplane mode

Get one of the higher end ASUS models. Just go to Best buy and look at all the options (you really want to go too a store so you can get a feel for the sturdiness).

gaymur memes aside, its a pretty good laptop

Acer Swift 3

>names four of the shittiest pieces of shit on the market

Unfortunately the only option is a macbook. There isn't a credible windows laptop manufacturer that produces similar quality laptops unless it's priced even higher than a comparable macbook.
And then you have to factor in the consideration that windows is legitimately a worse OS for the kind of use that you would need a laptop like this for i.e. programming, creative work etc. I would get a macbook and install linux on it but last time I checked most linux distros suffer severely from battery issues. Since this is linux I assume nothing has improved in 5 years so it's probably still got the same issue.

>le contrarian meme

Half of them are shitty though.

Blade got a silly battery life and Coilwhine XPS got more firmware issues than a whitebox phone from Shenzhen.

Are you fucking stupid?

Probably a Surface Book

Underrated

>$5000
Where do these ideas even come from? I got a latest model MacBook Air last month for $600, stop buying new from stores like a stupid goyim

>tfw 17" Sony Vaio finally gave out on me

I'll miss that glorious bastard.

Razer Blade Stealth

Gigabyte Aero 14/15

MI notebook pro