PCLinuxOS

>rolling release
>stable software
>no systemd
>rpm package manager
What's the catch? Why nobody is using it? It sounds like a dream distro.

there really isn't any overlap between the people who like stable software and the people who like rolling release.

Carries itself very unprofessionally. All of its promotional material down to design decisions (like their website, not just the DE defaults) look like nobody was really thinking.

Even if its the opposite of the real truth, the appearance is enough to turn people off.

Hmmm. Sounds interesting

That it's shit and you're a shill

It's not gentoo. It doesn't have the quantity of packages gentoo has. It doesn't have the modularity either. Many people claim their favorite distro is stable, but it's almost never the case. Only gentoo is stable. Ubugutards pretend ubugu is stable and bugfree. Debinbreds pretend debian is stable. Etc. You are probably just a shill for a shitty broken distro that doesn't work.

The name is a huge turn off for me, even if it is a really good distro. I mean, GNU notwithstanding, imagine Microsoft calling their new release PCWindowsOS? How stupid would that be? Not to mention redundant. I know, it's petty. But it really fucking bugs me.

But OP, it is popular, is just that sometimes Sup Forums didn't get the memo.

At least their website was not hacked.

PCLinuxOS? Never even heard of her!

>no systemd
really?

Last night I James Bond burger'd your sister

who is the chick on OP?

The repositories are not as big as I would like. A lot of smaller packages (ex. Plugins for XFCE/MATE) are missing and I couldn't really find a way to add extra repos, just installing rpms. The distro default look is also quite ugly (for MATE at least) and updating kernels is a pain in the rear.

Used it years ago (with KDE). I liked it a lot, it felt very polished and bug-free. I jumped distros because it sounded like they were never coming out with a 64-bit version.

I totally get that. I haven't looked lately but their website used to be a total clusterfuck and the name itself sounds like some cheap knockoff. They really needed to be a little more marketing savvy. It's not enough to have a good product, you need some sex-appeal to lure people in. I feel like the name and presentation completely worked against PCLOS having a greater user-base.

Come on, it's Ganoo/Linox, it must be ugly by default.
Nah, but it looks like I am falling for meme.
It's not. Forums are barely active. Distrowatch number doesn't say anything.
This is disappointing. Also, I still can't understand what package manager it uses. Is it APT with rpm packages?

Comicbookgirl19

>
>Forums are barely active.
I can say they have a publications and many blogs, because I found a lot of links pop up on google when I searched for stuff. Also I've seen the name coming out on Sup Forums many times across the years.
>I still can't understand what package manager it uses. Is it APT with rpm packages?
I saw on one blog they do use rpm packages but with synaptic.

I'm subscribing.

>RPM
Because RPMs are shit tier package management influenced by Windows brainlets who like installing binary shit they grabbed from random websites.

The name attract normies, and this is a normie friendly distro. Fits perfectly.

im too busy doing hackintosh to give a shit about linux.