hooktube.com/watch?v=qbWqXKN3m3c
hooktube.com/watch?v=mSTO26au2z4
arxiv.org/pdf/1703.02874.pdf
apple.com/privacy/approach-to-privacy/
support.apple.com/en-us/HT202303
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*pretends to be a hacker *

* puts on a ski mask *

*puts on the blinds, so normie folk will not call the swat team, because of the ski mask*

This is only fun if it happens once in a while.

guys I installed nodejs on my minicomputer so I can internet of things my apartment blinds

I made a library called node-blinds

Everything must be interpreted through the lens of San Francisco/Silicon Valley groupthink

> hey look that what the rascals on Sup Forums are saying about us!

*Hackchyually*

>Why it is important that cloud-based Rust compiler startups be more inclusive on the workplace

>This is only fun if it happens once in a while.
Is this really true, though? I've heard it for so long and it's always had the air of received wisdom without facts (or even anecdata) to back it up.

kek

I hacked a smart tv today. It felt good to do that. I feel stronger now. What was that sound? It startled me.

> How my wife son made my a better JS programmer.

I am very disappointed and disheartened by a good chunk of the HN commenters right here in this thread. I would expect Apple hating in some Android-focused outlet where people get points and badges based on how much times they repeat "iSheep" in an hour, but here?!
Boys and girls around here, HN is the modern place where the more intelligent and supposedly open-minded folk gathers. It's one of the last bastions of free thought which isn't a filter bubble. You should be much better than what you show.
"Yeah but Apple doesn't protect privacy, it just..." "Everybody looks privacy-oriented when compared to Google..." "Google just collects data for its ad platform which people view as a bad thing..." "Apple plays the privacy card to get more customers..."
etc.
...Seriously?
Look, none of us knows for sure. But talking like that disqualifies you from any intelligent and adult discussion in my eyes; and yes, you aren't much better than the Google fanboys I stumble upon daily on Google+ and 9GAG. Hence I am using a throwaway account. I am pretty sure plenty of people won't take this comment well.
Do better. A good part of you here are a disgrace to watch. And you're supposed to be an intellectual elite. Damn.

*pretends Bitcoin is not a scam*

*tries to scam people into buying Bitcoin*

This thread should be rewritten in JS.

WebAssembly is the next big thing in webdev!

Im so glad this shit died down

Fucking webdev pajeets should fuck off

Read my blog post ranting on about some bullshit which I clearly pulled out of my ass just to make myself sound like I know what I'm doing.

China Reddit Uber Firefox

I don't get why everyone doesn't just abandon native app development, instead making every app in electron. Just think of all the development time we could save!!

Electron is worse than Trump, please develop a native application.

kek

I was dissatisfied with some minor implementation details of react and vue, so I made my own, completely new view library for the web!
Check out autismoVision.js, a framework for intelligent people, featuring exactly the same fucking API that literally every single modern JS view library uses, with a virtual DOM and DOM diffing.
Also featuring its own fucking state management system, because we need another of those as well.

Who will be the first to implement yet another material design library for it?

The answer is Rust. No need to thank me.

Its the only reason we see Linux desktop applications nowadays.

M E D I U M . C O M

:%s/he/she/g

>hooktube.com/watch?v=qbWqXKN3m3c

>hooktube.com/watch?v=mSTO26au2z4
>Sup Forums

>medium.com

I swear. The amount of times I've see some hack journalist cunt talking about something they have no idea about on a medium blog.

you wouldn't download a car, now would you?

Why I'm too dumb to use anything but JavaScript (medium.com)
783 points | 210 comments

giving free money to everyone will incentivize them to produce great things like communities, friendships, and maybe even plant flowers and stuff.

Hackernews is such a great site, and so is reddit. Let's discuss the most important thing in the world: Mobile apps and the latest JavaScript framework MemeJS.js
Also, in my experience, people who read hackernews are the most skilled programmers. Cuckolding is my fetish.

Lmfao

I totally agree with you. There are lot of examples that Apple takes privacy seriously: 1) end-to-end encryption of all iMessages 2) encrypted iCloud content 3) making password management accessible to a lot of people who would not pursue it otherwise (with Keychain) 4) attempting MAC address randomization to prevent WiFi tracking, though from this paper [1] it appears to be broken.
Having worked there for a time, in my opinion privacy is deeply ingrained in the company culture. Much easier solutions are avoided if they sacrifice the customer's privacy. Further, it seems many of the decisions are made to minimize the amount of information required at each step to the absolute essentials. These concerns permeate internal technical discussions -- it is not just marketing materials.
They also have pretty extensive privacy materials on their website [2, 3]. While that may not be useful to the HN crowd, hopefully it makes privacy more accessible to some segment of their customers who actually read it.

References: [1] PDF warning: arxiv.org/pdf/1703.02874.pdf [2] apple.com/privacy/approach-to-privacy/ [3] support.apple.com/en-us/HT202303

it's so hard to get upvotes on HN unless you write your answers like thesis papers with 100 years of experience in the subject

>Some article on some Ruby server thing going up a version

what

Link to an older thread?

Please adhere to the HN Guidelines. This isn't reddit.
>proceeds to be reddit

OP just wants to post this thread on hacker news so he can get karma. fucking faggot

Hey guys check out this webpage i just made from this template

This is how i won my last hackathon

let me show you my skills

whips out macbook and fedora

tap tap tap tap tap tap check out this alarm clock app i made

best hacker on the east coast.

As someone that jumped ship from how slow Chrome has gotten and went to Nightly /w Stylo and (CPU threads - 1) e10s processes enabled about 2 monthsish ago...
Holy damn Firefox is actually fast.
Fair comparison, both having Pocket, uBlock, Evernote, OneNote, Pushbullet, and Bitwarden; neither of them having an extension the other doesn't. Above described Firefox Nightly config vs Chrome Dev.
Test machines are a workstation with a i7-4771 @ 3.9ghz, 32GB DDR3-2133, Radeon 7970 with a trio of 1080p screens (a very fast modern machine from the Haswell era) and a laptop with a i5-32120M, 8GB of DDR3-1600, Intel HD4000 iGPU feeding a 13" 2560x1600 @ 200% hidpi (an Ivy Bridge era MBPr 13" Late 2012). Both machines run Win10.
Both machines have less real world wait on Firefox than Chrome, and the interface has less latency between when I do something and it even begins processing the request. Also, under a ton of windows and tabs, Firefox seems to use less RAM and the speed gap seems to widen.
I don't care about about artificial benchmarks, btw, they never seem to measure what actually makes browsers slower for humans.
Edit: Even though I just said I don't care about benchmarks, using Speedometer 2.0-r2216: On the workstation: Firefox 58.0a1 2017-09-26 64bit 61.18 vs Chrome 63.0.3217.0 dev 64-bit 51.67; on the laptop, same versions: Firefox 28.58 vs Chrome 26.74
So, arguably, flat out benchmarkable performance is the same, with Firefox just slightly edging ahead (18% and 6% faster). It isn't enough to explain how fast Firefox feels now.
Edit 2: And now with Edge 40.15063.0.0/EdgeHTML 15.15063: Workstation, 46.72; Laptop 21.37. Firefox is 34% and 31% faster, Chrome is 25% and 11% faster.