Why haven't you switched to Firefox Quantum yet?

Much faster than Chrome.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YIywpvHewc0
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tree-style-tab/
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But I am using nightly.

>Much faster than Chrome.
Even they aren't claiming that but it is very good already and there's more parts of Servo to be added.
youtube.com/watch?v=YIywpvHewc0

>using software that supports webdrm
nah.

Waiting for a decent vertical tab extension

>Firefox
Why the fuck do you think, retard?

>2x faster
>still 50% slower than chrome

>30% less memory
Yeah, I'm gonna call bullshit on this.

Because WaterFox is better

You don't like foxes?

red panda>fox

ugly theme

Some can redline me wtf is this shit again

Ok, hold up. Is this just a clever name for the 57 update or this is some entirely new browser?

Is that just a name for version 57 or is it something different?

firefox with servo i think
it sounds pretty cool desu, i hope its good

So this IS something different from 57 then?

I am excite

Servo has been really good on samsungs browser

Does the Beta have Quantum/Rust enabled?

I'm happy that FF is finally doing something about their slow ass renders. Hopefully this will make me switch back.

>but it's fast!
Fast is like the last priority I have in a browser, privacy and customizability are tops.

So what's the difference with the Nightly one then?

It's just Firefox 57

Out of the Quantum components (Servo, WebRender, Compositor and DOM) it should only have Servo enabled. WebRender is still at an early stage (not sure whether it'll be ready for November or not) and as for DOM and Compositor I don't really know anything. Maybe they haven't started working on them or maybe all focus have just been on Servo and WebRender since they're more close to being finished.

Because waterfox is faster

There's no difference. "Project Quantum" is just what they call the performance improvements they've been doing lately. Most of them are in 57.

Why can't I hold all these Firefoxes.jpg

Same.

Nah, I'm on ESR till it's dead. I've got too many legacy extensions and I want to enjoy them all while it lasts.

Is that why they removed the benchmarks? :^)

Post a screenshot so I can laugh at you.

Random Agent Spoofer isn't compatible with the New World Order and I haven't found any other addon that can spoof the reported screen size.

Because the logo isn't as a e s t h e t i c as Nightly's logo.

I'd love 30% less memory on my old laptop with a 4GB stick (not sure if I can add another).

What's plugin/extension support look like? Hopefully ad blocking at least.

Download more ram.

ublock origin works for the most part

hard disks are cheap just buy another one

hm...

>for the most part
You mean better than in any other browser?

Will there ever be a valid alternative for google search? Duckduckgo and yahoo are just shit

So now that we have to ditch greasemonkey, what extension should we use for 4chanx? I'm using violentmonkey at the moment and it randomly enables the ugly mouse hover for threads in catalog mode. I have absolutely zero confidence that this shit will remember my settings for long.

I use violentmonkey and never had an issue with 4chanx losing settings. I do use the ugly thread hover though.

Whew, perhaps it's just that one setting i hope.

>not using Google Ultron
plebs

>we have to ditch greasemonkey
We don't have to, they are working on a port.

>Much faster than Chrome.
İt's for gays

Their port breaks every script that uses GM_* functions.
It's for the better but scripts will need to be updated and until then Violentmonkey will be the only sane option.

I'm on dev edition and it's as fast as chromium even when loaded with more addons. When all of servo gets added it'll smoke chrome.

Tampermonkey. I haven't had any issues with it on either desktop or mobile, works just as well as Greasemonkey did.

>Tampermonkey
Proprietary piece of shit.

how many editions of Firefox are there? there's like, 4 of them? 5 counting the klar version on mobile.

What's the difference between regular Firefox and Firefox Quantum then? I left Firefox a few years ago as it was laggy as shit on my pleb tier laptop whereas Chrome was buttery smooth.

because brave doesn't bend me over and fuck me.

Does it support ""legaxy extensions""?

Because I did about 2 months ago, with Nightly.

looks ugly as sin my friend

>basic sites taking several seconds to load
Does anyone else find it amusing that they're proud of how slow everything is?

>look for a vertical tab webextension
>they all suck

>look for a way to bind keys to certain actions
>nothing

>look for a mouse gesture webextension
>none of them work properly

It's like they're optimizing for the computer's time and not the time I have to spend performing manual input.

Websites used to be really light, then Safari perfected Webkit and allowed Chrome to port it. People realized that they could put a ton of shit on their website now, all this javascript bullshit. Now the browsers are fighting back.

>not using Brave
>There's no difference. "Project Quantum" is just what they call the performance improvements they've been doing lately. Most of them are in 57.
What performance upgrades? 57 is even slower and now every single extension that was worth a damn is broken.

> 10 top websites
> Ask

Every single example from that video loads faster in ESR and Seamonkey on my ancient laptop.

>brake
Why would you use a chrome clone with a shitty ui?
>57 is even slower
Why would you lie on the internet, user?
>every single extension that was worth a damn is broken
The only extension that I can't replace right now is VimFx and there will be a meeting today at mozilla to discuss an api that will provide missing functionality.

I remember having an 8 second rule, where if a page took longer than this to load, you fixed it. This was on 56k modems. Most pages today download 10MB worth of JavaScript of which they probably use less than 5% of.

>fierce
YAS BITCH
SLAAAAY

Come back in november when 57 hits. It has all of firefox benefits and none of the downsides of chrome while being just as fast as it. If you want to you can just use nightly to see how it will be. Quantum is just marketing hogwash.

it's actually number 14 right now, in front of fucking Wordpress.

I'm guessing it's all the work computers around the globe that have that as the preset for whatever reason, Bing and MSN is even higher.

Any working userChrome.css for auto-hiding the bookmarks toolbar?
This used to work: #navigator-toolbox:not(:hover) #PersonalToolbar { visibility:collapse!important; }
Now only the first bookmark appears.

Holy shit, it's 14? I thought it'd be around 50 by now.

Looks like a lot of people still use those meme toolbars.

ESR for long term support
Regular Firefox
Beta
Developer Edition (used to be Aurora)
Nightly

What the fuck is Klar?

>It has all of firefox benefits and none of the downsides of chrome
are XUL extensions considered a benefit, or are we just forgetting the best extension system to ever exist actually existed?
webextension a shit

What does it do exactly? Cut out unnecessary javashit?

It's the German name for Firefox Focus.

What the fuck is Focus?

There's this thing called Google.

Why would I do that?

I use Startpage by default and it works fine for most text searches, but Google is still the only thing that works for obscure searches, quoted searches, site-specific searches, image searches, etc.

FIERZ!!!

preferences page is now as on Chrome

IF I WANTED IT MORE LIKE CHROME I WOULD HAVE SWITCHED TO CHROME ALREADY

Because it still can't paste a link to facebook from clipboard. What a fucking shit browser.

Use Waterfox. Much better

"A lot of people" get those meme toolbars installed without their permission or knowledge, and have no idea how to uninstall them. Really grinds my gears that such shady tactics remain so effective.

I have a dick, I'm white, I like pussy. Firefox wasn't built for me. Also we are at a crossroads that ou can find forks made by neckbeards running more efficienly and with less faggotry than the original. Why bother?

>preferences page is now as on Chrome
Yes, the resemblance is uncanny.

dunno if sarcastic but yes, the long preferences page is similar to that of Chrome

the prefs were better divided into more categories before which made it more easy to navigate

but i did
lmao

ayyyy

>doing any configuration outside of about:config

>Because waterfox is faster
when will waterfox fags stop repeating this meme
waterfox is a digital placebo

Firefox was better when it still was Firebird.
Back when Mozilla looked like the white knight out to save the web.
Those were the days.

Reminder that Tree-Style Tab is now fully compatible with 57.

>What performance upgrades? 57 is even slower and now every single extension that was worth a damn is broken.
thats a feature

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tree-style-tab/

>Why haven't you switched to Firefox Quantum yet?

Waiting for stable.

>waterfox is faster

placebo

I won't be switching until 59 ESR comes out. and I'm of the opinion that new ESR releases come far too frequently, I'd like to put this shit off for another year.

>do the meme benchmark they brag with on their blog
>get 67 in chrome 65 in vivaldi and 59 in nightly
VERY impressive

NEVER FORGET
blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/

Looks like a faggot designed it with those neon colors.

So am I supposed to start using Beta instead of Nightly now that it has FF57?

>fierce
nyet

what browser u usin