Would you buy a smartphone with no camera, Sup Forums?

Would you buy a smartphone with no camera, Sup Forums?
>pic related, OC

Pros
>less manufacturing cost = cheaper for consumers
(camera is the most expensive component in a phone)
>can probably fill the camera module with something more preferable
>muh NSA can’t watch you or your surroundings
Cons
>you are not a normie that takes photos every 2 seconds and puts them on social media

Other urls found in this thread:

technology.ihs.com/api/binary/592077
mms.businesswire.com/media/20161025005551/en/551538/5/GooglePixelTeardown.jpg?download=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>quick user takeba pic of this answer sheet for the exam

I still want the front facing for video calls

Why do we need a 2nd thread because you're a retard and wanted to add more to your OP post?

>62626459

Wait what? I double posted? Didn't realize sorry, deleting it now.

Done.

Yes.
Smartphone cameras are such fucking shit I never use them anyway.

The front camera is useless to me, I covered it with a piece of tape

>(camera is the most expensive component in a phone)
for that alone I'd support phones with cameras
DSLR sensors could be improved with all the miniaturization being done

>That fingerprint sensor on S8

Yes. It would be fucking great. I don't use it but still have to pay for it.

>scanning your fingerprint for the big data jew
Not going to trick me samsung.

Are you retarded? Your fingerprints are almost 100% already on SOMEONEs database.

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure that I've never used a fingerprint sensor in my life, passport is also without fingerprint.

I would rather keep the back camera for camera purposes. I never do video chats or selfies with it.

Have you never needed a background check for a job?

Not to mention any high quality photo of you can be enhanced enough to pick up your finger prints. This method was used by researchers to make a duplicate of Angela Merkel's fingerprints using just a high quality DSLR photo of her. They then printed out the fingerprint using some special 3D printer and it was good enough to fool a fingerprint reader. The only source used was a picture.

You don't need to have a true fingerprint taken via electronic or dye means for them to have access to your fingerprint.

>You don't need to have a true fingerprint taken via electronic or dye means for them to have access to your fingerprint.
that doesn't mean everyones fingerprints are likely in a database though

Unless you live completly off the grid, odds are your fingerprints are in SOMEONEs database.

I know for a fact i'm in the FBI database because of a job I had a few years ago working for a local government.

>background check for a job
never had to do more than the usual stuff, because there are no criminal offenses in my record.
>duplicating fingerprints from high quality fingerprint
If anyone puts that much energy into getting my fingerprints chances are that they will get them one way or another, but I would argue that there are almost no full body pictures of me or any photos at all (except photos my parents took when I was a child).
Would be a big surprise if my fingerprints were already in some sort of database.

>because there are no criminal offenses in my record
That's not why they would take fingerprints.
They run it on a national database in case you have previous records in other states under a potentially different name.

I did it when I was working for a school system as technically the job could have me around children.

I have no criminal record and never have.

guess you live in the us of a, but I don't think fingerprints for background checks are so common around here,but it could be a different story if I would try to work for the military or other state owned stuff.

>camera is the most expensive component in a phone
after the screen and SoC, perhaps

Nope. I'm pretty sure SoC is one of the cheapest to manufacture. Either camera or the flash memory is the most expensive ones, depending on the model of course.

Nope, I'm pretty confident the SoC is the most expensive part after the screen in any average flagship.

forgot quote
And here's a source
technology.ihs.com/api/binary/592077
S8 camera = $20.50
S8 SoC = $45.00

and here's one for the pixel
mms.businesswire.com/media/20161025005551/en/551538/5/GooglePixelTeardown.jpg?download=1

>(camera is the most expensive component in a phone)
Doubt it's anywhere near the price of the screen and SOC or even memory when your phone uses NVMe and not some ghetto tier shit.

>can probably fill the camera module with something more preferable
Like?

>muh NSA can’t watch you or your surroundings
>what are infrared cameras and satellites
If NSA wants to watch you, they'll find a way.

>you are not a normie that takes photos every 2 seconds and puts them on social media
I barely take photos at all, but sometimes you see something cool when you go (((outside))) or need to deliver a dick pic and ain't going to buy an extra device for that.