Install ubuntu

>install ubuntu
HOW THE FUCK DO I TURN OFF MOUSE ACCEL HOLY SHIT I FUCKING HATE LINUX I'M GOING BACK TO WINDOWS

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=disable mouse acceleration ubuntu
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mouse_acceleration
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I'M GOING BACK TO WINDOWS
toodles

lmgtfy.com/?q=disable mouse acceleration ubuntu

YOU CANT AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Works in my machine

edit your xconfig faggot

Why isn't custom acceleration off?

Because I set it to 0

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mouse_acceleration

The answer is always on archwiki. Yes, even for ubuntu.

>slow
>not off
AHAHAHAHAHAAH
LINKEKS WILL DEFEND THIS

Good.

just type

ed1 {]1]2,.1/.1 as.a.21#%Q!096tnjg0_)@sxaaa.{}{}

into a terminal.

retard

you cant. no linux distro has actual, non-fake, gui acceleration canceling. you have to use a script or change configs. good luck

>gui acceleration
you wat?

i dont understand why would this be on by default in any operating system

cause if you don't do games it's very nice.

No it's not, it's fucking annoying.

>Windows
>open mouse controls
>untick box
>save

>Linux
>open terminal
>cd gotothispath
>open in nano via terminal
>find lines and edit
>save

>why aren't more people using Linux, I just don't understand

It means less time and work for an equal amount of precision when your precision standard is low (nongaming)

I mean I don't know why it isn't an option but you're welcome to rewrite every desktop to include such an option if you feel like it. That's why people use linux.

This desu

>utnubu llatsiam l33t h4xr
>h0w 2 dis4bI3 m0uz xl?

>It means less time and work for an equal amount of precision when your precision standard is low (nongaming)
I'm not fucking anemic though.

>Windows
>open start menu
>type 'mouse controls'
>see web results for mouse controls
>backspace
>type 'control panel'
>see web results for control panel

What did they mean by this?

The sad thing is, it would be so fucking easy to make a checkbox that simply does that for you, but lincucks refuse to offer basic features for reasons????

>>see web results for mouse controls
>having a virus that converts your start menu search to internet search
Sorry, I don't have this problem.

pretty much

Getting steam to work was a fucking nightmare and I couldn't even open videos from my network.

fuck that

>windows
>mouse acceleration off by default
What did they mean by this?

That's fine, I don't even use mouse for anything other than games. Pure keyboard. Non-mouse pointer acceleration is important on laptops and shit for non-keyboard plebs.

If you want features, you make features. It's not even a really difficult thing to do for people who are halfway familiar with linux so I guess nobody but windows users would bother.

>after you program all day at work, come home and program your computer to do basic tasks

It's not even programming, the interface just happens to be on the command line instead of a gui. A LOT of the interfaces available on operating systems are complex enough that a GUI doesn't help.
>list devices
>its device #10
>set device #10 property 'Accel' 0

that's just what it is, you can run with a dozen mice with every single one having its own acceleration setting and there's no real way to make a checkbox for that weird edge case that is still completely supported.

Use pic related, you can fine tune any input device including touchpad.

Nah, KDE still doesn't have a global mouse acceleration option because of The input libraries are placed somewhere between the Xserver/wayland and the DE. There's also multiple choice for input handlers not just devices.

0 means off

Dumb wintoddler

You completely neglect to the fact that you have to google or man to figure out the command, and thats after you took your time to hunt around looking for a checkbox it should have but mysteriously doesnt. It's indefensable and you sound like an idiot defending it. Ubuntu is good but not every fucking element of it. It has obvious faults. Mac os fucking shits on it because ubuntu has a shit interface

That's why programmers who are actually good at what they do go home to macOS.

windows babbies still have to google their guis anyway, don't see how it's any different really. Knowing how to find the information you need is a valuable skill for any OS. I don't disagree that there should probly be a checkbox for whatever but that's practically impossible on any real system.

I mean windows is shit too. Took my forever to figure out to to mske mpv my default video player, shit is fucking cancer now and windows 7 sounds better and better every day

Last windows I ran was server08. Still if you have to get into nitty gritty registry stuff it's a million times worse than anything on linux.

Mouse acceleration's one of the weirder aspects of general linux desktop stuff. It should get better when X finally dies. It's ~30 years old and thats why there are problems.

Yeah haha many times i have watched some dude on youtube regedit and followed him along to do some stupid shit. Windows is trash for developers, linux is trash for end users. I like mac the best but they are all tool. Dont use a wrench for a nail

Those statistics are skewed because the entire fucking third world uses windows, whereas only autistic nerds (i.e. high iq people) like developers and server admins use any flavor of Linux. Windows is the pleb OS purely because it's the default and is thus the choice of retards.

Git gud

acceleration canceling option in a GUI, not in a command line.

>tfw he fell for Ubuntu meme

Install proper distro like Antergos, fedora or Mint.

>those statistics are skewed because smarter people use linux.
wew must be a windows user.