You're going to update your website, aren't you user?

You're going to update your website, aren't you user?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_web_design
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nope, just like im not going to rewrite my FF plugins to meme-extensions. Fuck change, especially stupid change

As a web dev (inb4 kys), I will not be supporting iPhone X devices.

That black notch is the direct result of diversity hiring. Why should I have to do more [unpaid] work because Apple filled their company with stupid mexicans and blacks?

B-but it's in Flash

>doesn't have hardware bezels but has software bezels
This is full retarded

>That black notch is the direct result of diversity hiring
>Jony Ive's 10-15 person design team is diversity hires

Are you retarded?

lol who cares about macfags anyway

I think your first quote already answered that question

Firstly, don't do unpaid work. Get your client to pay for it. Secondly, sales on the site could easily take a hit from having a shitty design. Yeah, the hardware design sucks, but as software people, we have to deal with whatever the hardware is, and the iPhone user base is too big to ignore.

The iPhone user base, not the iPhone X premium shitty device base.

Do you seriously think people won't pay $1000 for a phone? Because they did with many of the previous iphones.

I see no reason to add support for people who can't properly orient a phone, and when holding the iPhone X in portrait the site doesn't need fixing.

The sales of the iPhone X alone will be more profitable than the entirety of humanity's technology output combined.
You'll end up supporting it.

You shouldn't be running your text up to the edge of the frame to begin with, unless you're doing some artsy shit.

>Imagine being an apple engineer
>Some Rich hipster asshole that knows nothing about tech constantly draws concept pictures of the stupidest shit and tasks you to make it real.

>No matter how much you reassure him it's fucking stupid and not remotely practical he's your superior and you have to actually make this shit if you want to keep your well paying job.

>One Day he tells you to make a phone that's mostly screen, seemskewl except a lot of the extra screen area can't be used and the bezels are still huge, but you're not allowed to question it, you are but a lowly engineer.

>You're now going to have to make sure apps and websites can't use huge chunks of the screen for it to not look cringily bad
>Developers will actually have to put in effort to work their way around this Tech abortion.

You don't have to. The browser itself takes care of the safe space unless you actually specify some placement values that will put objects outside the safe space.

that's a good point, how often do people really use an internet browser on their phone in landscape?

Are you a nigger?

What was the point of this bezel-free phone if it was just going to end up requiring fake bezels from the software?

tfw my site is not even mobile responsive

yeah this
at this point i believe this is a shitty bait thread. im an android user and i think the cut-in screen is retarded too, but give it a break

fuck mobile sites
I hate it when a mobile site loads, this shit is cancer

I always want to see the same website, no matter what device I'm using

It depends on how the mobile site is done. If it's properly designed mobile site that has the same information it's usually fine. If it's a completely separate site that is missing half the information you're looking for and can't even get to the full site then it's cancer.

so it has software-bezels, or softbezels.
got it.

Oh fucking COME ON why do developers have to account for every weird shape randomly appearing in hardware.

You'd think wear apps should care only whether a wearable is shaped as a square or as a circle, but nope here's a wearable that looks like this

ummm... so in your opinion it's "other races" fault. this Trump only gets dumb americans more ignorant

I only optimize my websites for desktop users, not smartphones :^)

Serious question, why won't these faggots just design the web browser to have the bezels itself? Instead of forcing it into every single web dev to cater to a single device.

Honestly makes no sense in my mind that this will be a thing on the devs instead of something that the device creators should've predicted. Pretty retarded really.

>Designing websites for mobile
Mobile users can eat shit.

Most people hated the Moto 360's retarded flat tire though.

Shouldn't css take care of this automatically when you make a website responsive by quering for display width etc?

No.

waiting for left_pad tier js library to cause uproar in hackernews in few months

But that is literally the point of responsive design?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_web_design

Yes, but it's not something that "just happens." The developer persuades CSS into doing it.

>cup, teapot, bottle
>cup, bottle, teapot
my autism is triggered

No. At the best I'll drop in someones jQuery plugin that slightly adjusts the page's layout to fit the stupid device and forget about it. Eat shit iSodomites.

>You can charge your pen from other apple devices
Wow!

Seeing Apple's keynote, it seems like they consider their screen height to be all the way from the bottom up to the highest point of the display, in the two bits on the notch's side, not from the bottom of the screen to the lowest point of the notch. By asking for the dimensions of the device, you're getting larger dimensions than there available in practice, and your content will probably be hidden behind the notch and the corners. So no. Unless you specifically input the iPhone X's real-estate, it will be messed up.

You're assuming Apple is competent and responsible enough to think this far ahead and do good things. As pointed out, they are not competent enough to do that. From their presentation you could see full screen applications and even a game specifically designed for this specific model all affected by the notch. Their own image gallery and video player don't account for it.

What's the problem here? It has a 2 minute fast charge and a 1 month battery life.

nope it's their fault for using iFag

true, I only do it when the website is shit to begin with and puts text outside of my screen

It's simply stupid.

You're simply stupid. When you make a full surface multitouch top of a mouse with a very low profile there's nowhere else to put the charging port. I still don't like the mouse's ergonomics but if you let your mouse totally deplete charge after not charging once for a month, waiting 2 minutes for 9 hours charge is not something anyone can reasonably complain about.

>uding the smiley with a carat nose

I'm just going to put a notice on my website saying that iphone x is not supported and to get a real phone that doesn't have its screen bitten off

>t. nigger

Post a picture of them.

>You're assuming Apple is competent and responsible enough to think this far ahead and do good things.
they were once.. then their CEO died and a literal faggot took over

nope

>orient in portrait
>can't access middle of navbar on top of the page

guess everything needs to be in a sandwich now

Appel design was always shit, design first function later