What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestel
flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1287481529
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They failed to innovate and compete in the marketplace and thus faded into irrelevance

I don't even know wtf this company made

Speaking of gone brands

>I don't even know wtf this company made

are you 15yo?

Outside of projectors and catering mostly to the professional market what else do they make these days?

i still have a pair of theier TVs.

Cheap Earbuds and headphones. Car stereo stuff

Good night sweet prince

Camcorders. Old school camcorders. We wuz kangz.

Kangz of VHS

Well a bit of this and an earthquake ruined them. Made quality rechargeables, solar panels, had very interesting tape recorders and one of the first full-hd camera's, but nothing really caught on. Shame, I liked them.

Probably bad management. Pic related: they had a billboard on one of the world's most expensive advertising spaces for years. I don't know why they thought that was a good idea.

They make cheap TVs. They're like half the price of the ones sold by sony or LG.

You sure it's actually produced by JVC or just them renting out their brand name to some Chinese manufacturer?

No idea desu. I was looking to buy a new tv recently and was surprised by how cheap jvc sets were compared to the others.

Pretty much the only guys still making their own sets are LG,Panasonic,SONY and Samsung in Europe, Sharp is made by some Slovak Corporation while the other stuff is mostly by the Turkish Vestel en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestel

Changed their name to AQUA

literally who?

I miss the AQUOS line still have my 42" 1080p from 2008

>LG produces mostly 8-bit panels under their own brand
>Samsung produces overpriced 8-bit panels and muh curved TVs
>Philips TVs are now made by TCL and quality has gone down the plughole
How can a market of something so simple as big-screen TVs be so fucked.

Meanwhile at SONY

flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1287481529

wat da fug does TDK still make?