Rust is replacing C++

I CANT EVEN....

Other urls found in this thread:

chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/platform/crosvm/
robert.ocallahan.org/2017/07/confession-of-cc-programmer.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(fungus)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>My world is as big as the company I work for/school I'm attending.

It isn't. GTFO.

It isn't, but it should be.

even Jewgle has embrace Rust and dumped C--
chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/platform/crosvm/

NOOOOOOO

lol

hahahaha, no place for a retarded language in 2017 that doesn't even know if it points to an existent structure or an array item within its limits

this is a good opportunity to separate real programmers from autists

Is there a way for C++/C to get true memory safety such as in rust?

It's called C

This is good

unfortunately not

Fortunately yes

by the way do you have that picture where an asian guy is sitting in a room, thinking, surrounded by watermelons?

not him, but i got you bro. been my wallpaper since i discovered it a month ago.

thank you dude I owe you one

>>The trick with using Rust in this component was convincing my coworkers that no other language was right for job, which I believe to be the case in this instance.
>I ran into a similar use case in one of my own projects—a vobsub subtitle decoder, which parses complicated binary data, and which I someday want to run as web service. So obviously, I want to ensure that there are no vulnerabilities in my code.

stop using vulnerable languages

nothing wrong with this

if you need that much handholding you should just use python

here's a wallpaper i made

oh dude i love you

Python isn't as fast as Rust.

this is awesome

>unironically using either
>not using plain C
kys

minimize use of malloc/new and pointer arithmetic

if speed is a concern just use C.

But C isn't as safe as Rust.

well if you write code right than it is

robert.ocallahan.org/2017/07/confession-of-cc-programmer.html

I'll just leave this here.

>Robert O'Callahan. Christian. Repatriate Kiwi. Hacker.

stopped reading there. of course his code is garbage.

hey, it seems you got a bit lost! it's okay though, remember that everyone was a newfriend once! this board is dedicated to discussing technology, and this thread is specifically about programming languages. the image you posted seems to be related to politics, so you should post it to our politics board and have your discussion there.
I hope my post was helpful! have a nice day!

wow, what an argument. like, wtf, I'm convinced now! sorry for being wrong

nice one robert. stop posting your bullshit here. sorry you ended up in the wrong profession but it's not too late to leave.

It's about Rust. Steve Klabnik is one of the core Rust developers. He also supports Antifa, violence, crime, etc.

>open a random file
>ctrl+f "unsafe"
>105 occurrences

wtf is even the point then? I though the point was that it was 100% theoretically safe and using unsafe throws out that guarantee. I am unironically wondering how unsafe rust is better than C++.

I accept your apologies.

Programming languages are not technology though.
Every programming language thread belongs on pol.

the unsafe code is isolated and wrapped in a safe api

why can't people just write a new compiler that fixes the problems Rustfags claim C has?

Rust is completely worthless without its core feature of being safe, to achieve any kind of actual speed it all has to be unsafe code.
Which is why nobody fucking uses it.

you only have to audit the unsafe stuff

Shitty documentation.

but then what's the point when there's unsafe shit everywhere (this is a different file)?

the unsafe code is isolated and wrapped in a safe api

I'm a Tier 1 software solutions architect and I barely hear of Rust. What is this Rust thing?

Also Rust is a very terrible name. Which spergazoid came up with such a terrible name. Sad!

Shills have realized that saying back to pol doesn't work and are now trying to fit in(with very dubious results).Sad.

Who cares?? This is not the place for your activism nonsense.

>Tier 1 software solutions architect
let me take a wild crazy guess: javascript?

>hunter gatherer trash tools
I am having a serious conversation here. What is this "Rust" language thing and why should anyone care?

but wouldn't that make the safe api unsafe, since it has to run unsafe code?

it just means that it doesn't have the assurances normal rust code has. it still can be audited and proven to be safe

i like the name. it makes me think of a rusty machine running in the distant future that rust is still reliably running on

>technology and politic are totally unrelated
What kind of retard would think that ?

He's not wrong

>I am having a serious conversation here.
Oh come on now, has it ever occurred to you that you take yourself a little bit too much seriously?

wait are we talking about real life or anons idealist fantasy?

Real world.

very nice font rendering is this a mac?

Rust:C++=Systemd:___

Find ___

No

Rust BTFO

But these are good things

Stop right there, criminal scum

Only among SJWs and trannies, neither of which actually program anyways.

Really? Doesn't look like anything getting ``BTFO`` in those posts

Because if you're not writing a C compiler you might as well make a better language. C has a lot of design mistakes.

>Rust is a very terrible name.
Rust was named after a very resistant fungus en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_(fungus) .

Leave this site and go back where you came from.