Gigabyte says no to custom Radeon RX Vega 64

videocardz.com/newz/gigabyte-says-no-to-custom-radeon-rx-vega-64

I told youuuu, Vega is DOA, they push the chip to the limit with zero headroom. It was supposed to match with the Ti, AMD lose money with Vega.

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/72712/amd-partners-are-still-waiting-for-rx-vega-gpus-for-their-designs
tweaktown.com/news/56324/russian-nvidia-fanboy-murders-amd-fan/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>It was supposed to match with the Ti
raja said months ago that it would fight the 1080, not the Ti, so stop lying

>raja
literally POO?

After they saw the terrible performance

Gigabyte makes shitty cards anyway but fuck did you guys see that "custom" msi card? what a joke

>a chip big like the titan xp
>with all these transistors
>+hbm2

Vega was supposed beat t b h

beat Volta t b h**

maybe he did say that on the lunch break, but not publicly

still cheaper alternative than nvidia if you add the jewsync
its just like updated r9 fury version of the 580

>updated r9 fury version of the 580
You are stupid.

I dont like refence cards and I want 1070 performace level

>updated r9 fury version of the 580

Oh boy...

Everybody says Vega is expensive to produce but nobody ever posts proof. I see absolute max 100$ worth of shit on the card.

The blower reference card is just fine. I have one in my system as we speak next to a 1070. Vega is a compute first platform with solid gaming performance. It has bested my 1070 in a number of ways. As for faggot tier AIBs who slap generic mods on top of reference designs and overclocking in general.. Yes, this market is about to get shaken up. You're going to learn and realize quite soon that manufacturers are going to start shipping max'd out chips w/ no headroom capitalizing on performance margins themselves. Furthermore, you're going to learn, given how tightly integrated HBM2 is and how hot it runs that you're not going to be able to go hamfisted OCing vidyas. I want my video card to be max'd from the factory on reference with intelligent throttling. I dont want a 3rd party fucking around with a solid design for gibs.

Also, I have no clue who the fuck started the rumor about reference blowers being insanely loud. WTF do you live in a padded silent room? I can hardly hear that shit above my system when its max'd out.

The reference card is beautiful, feels solid as hell, has an amazing backplate and is a good addition to my work workstation.

Compute first architectures are here to stay as are reference design cards similar to the pro/workstation cards that have blow designs. It's time to grow the fuck up.

I'm desagree with so much things, AIB are better, period.

cuck

kys already

>Gigglebyte
oooh nooooo what a huge loss, how can AMD ever recover?

>poor volta...

Not only Gigabyte thoughtvideocardz.com/72712/amd-partners-are-still-waiting-for-rx-vega-gpus-for-their-designs

fire every PR amd has

Gigabyte's AMD cards have always been complete trash anyway. They released the ONLY voltage locked 390 and 390X on the market, likely because their cooler was complete garbage and couldn't handle the heat even at stock.

Even their Nvidia cards aren't great. Their new Aorus ones have gigantic three slot coolers, yet still run hotter than far smaller ones. Plus the shrouds are cheaply-made garbage that bends and snaps incredibly easily. JayzTwoCents even snapped a bit off like it was wet tissue paper during his 1080 Ti review.

I love my 970 G1

who cares abou gigashyte anyway, shit-tier company in literally every way

But where are the others?

still waiting for the chips I suppose

Gigabyte is shit anyways. I never buy Gigabyte again after a failed gpu fan and shit warranty, a voltage fuck up on an am3+ board and DOA Z270 board.

Sapphire ( let's hope they don't fuck up heatsinks like rx 480)
XFX was solid af for Poolaris
MSI (NOT armor) got very beefy heatsinks and quiet fans

just imo, research for yourself and don't believe anyone posts on chinese cartoon boards fella
also this

>WAIT (tm)

Where are the AIB?

They don't want to make a custom RX vega 64 because that card sucks for mining.

videocardz.com/72712/amd-partners-are-still-waiting-for-rx-vega-gpus-for-their-designs
looks like late october, maybe even November. very huge fuckup for AMD, why would anyone buy a goddamn Blower card anyway... very very sad for AMD

Their Maxwell cards were generally okay. It was Pascal where they went full retard with their new ebin gaymer branding and cooler design.

Gigabyte isn't exactly well known for for having very good vrm solutions and cooling. A card like vega most certainly needs both, so Gigabyte's descision doesn't actually surprise me that much.
I'd be a lot more concerned if Sapphire or XFX said no to a custom vega.

Some of the die size is used up by non-gaming features, such as hbcc. Vega is actually pretty good in terms of professional and compute workloads, but not in gaming.

They're too busy making 1070 Tis for October supposedly.

ill wait on primitive shader driver to really call it on vega, as of now, if it was msrp, it gives the 1080 a run for its money on the 56, the 64 is irrelevant till bottleneck alleviation happens.

before volta launches, amd puts out the primitive driver
The bottleneck now gone, even the vega 56 can give a 1080ti a run for its money
due to the bar being set so much higher on its handling of primitives, aa that would lose performance on nvidia cards is effectively free on amd.
because amd dragged its ass for so long, nvidia got complacent and didn't one up itself choosing instead to bruteforce performance with an 800mm die (the volta they showed off) because they can just jack prices on them if need be.
amd not only has a performance monster on its hand, they have set the groundwork for just adding more shaders
Navi gets put out.
The base chip is around 50mm
its expanded by shader module, and with hbm2 its got the bandwidth to feed everything.
amd is able to put 800mm of die on a single gpu for 400$ now and feed it.

nvidia puts out an "OH SHIT AMD INNOVATED, BREAK GLASS" card
Its really good
amd doubles the shaders and still isn't quite hitting the upper bottleneck before fleeing the shaders is an issue.
because its all mcm, they don't have to double the price

600mm die size
hbm2 only from one source currently

people with knowledge of prices estimate 100-200$ on the hbm2 alone. apparently amd is just about breaking even on selling the package at msrp, no telling how much cheaper they are selling to their partners/distributors

grain of salt there as no one in the supply chain has said shit, but I do hold people with knowledge of silicon costs with some amount of credence.

They are good, just not the best.
it really depends on the what they are blowing through. a shit heat sync or something built good?

The last time amd came out and supplied during peak mining time, the miners fucked them over so hard they couldn't sell gpus and took a 50-100 million dollar loss

october is when the algorithm hits a new difficulty spike making 8gb cards useless.

I wonder to what extent the 56 is bottlenecked

it's 484mm you liar

Fury was 600mm die vega begins 484mm

12-20% behind the 64, so when the bottleneck is alleviated the 64 is just going to jump at least 12 -20% across the board.

they're literally stupid to wait until volta almost launches for that, the sooner they release this the harder Nvidia will have to work to rush volta out

yeah, but how much will the 56 jump when its bottleneck is alleviated?

Just wait for Navi meme

it depends.
you already fucked the launch of the cards.
do you want nvidia to come out swinging, making the 1180 an actual high end card, or would you rather them put out milk toast and force them to put out higher end cards in rapid succession?

If It was up to me, I would want to force my competition to look as desperate as possible and what better way them to market 'the fastest blaa blaa we even made' only to 1 month later have them put out faster to compete.

It draws people attention to why,
it pisses off the base that bought the cards
all while also drawing attention to what you are doing.

If the cards are heavily fucking bottlenecked, I would sit on the update driver till nvidia puts out a major announcement because I don't believe volta will be a major step up in performance, given they made a 800mm die.

honestly, if you don't have a need for a gpu, wait till a gpu is 4k ready across the board, as none currently are, they are close, but nothing will get you 60 in every scenario.

It depends, amd put a fuck load of effort into bottleneck alleviation with this gpu, but the main factor, the primitive shader, is crippling the card before any of the other areas they improved would be stressed.

the vega 56 will likely play around 1080-1080ti performance, with 64 being above ti depending on the game.

If amd alleviated all bottlenecks, 56 will be above 1080ti.

see this is the thing, we have no fucking clue how good any of the shit is because driver team has to rewrite the entire driver for the primitive shader.

sorry but I'm not willing to wait 4~6 months for proper vega drivers just so AMD can troll Nvidia, there are other vega based products coming in 2018 that can do that in its place

they don't have to rewrite anything, they just need to implement the missing stuff and get rid of the shitty placeholder shortcuts

statistically, you were never going to buy amd anyway, because effectively no one does. so why not punch nvidia in many ways?

also the new vegas are likely going to be polaris replacements so literally who cares.

my understanding of what they had to do and implement was effectively an entire driver rewrite because primitive shaders are one of the more visible areas they are lacking, but its not the only thing they added that's not currently used.

repeat after me

1070 level performance :)

>faster than the 1070
>1070 level performance

>Nvidia releases volta
>people buy it
>AMD announces drivers
>people already bought volta
>AMD doesn't get money
>A few retards who want to have the best thing around are now mad
>???
>no profit

>RX 480 housefire
Can confirm, mine would run in the mid high 80's during witcher 3. Sold that sucker during eth gpu craze and free upgraded to a rx580 nitro which essentially improved and solved everything wrong with the rx480 nitro.

As for gigabyte. They have sucked recently with their aib solutions but a reduce in aib partners is never a good thing. I wish for a new msi cyclone aib. That thing kicked ass.

>Sold that sucker during eth gpu craze and free upgraded to a rx580 nitro
good to hear

>I wish for a new msi cyclone aib
pic related? yes PLEASE

>faster than 1080
fixed that for (you)

that looks very rice

>ill wait on primitive shader driver to really call it on vega
this is my favorite meme. you faggots will be so disappointed

I'd prefer a Quicksilver modell like my 1070. Black/Red is absolut Fedora-tier gayman gear. some sort of 'Carbon' look would be even better. also free standoff so it diesn't /S A G G/

>I don't know what PS are or do, so I'll just pretend they're a marketing gimmick

That's not the card I'm referring too. Pic related. As for the 480 someone paid over $500 usd for it since it had the Samsung memory. Nuts.

Just stick a water block on it. Oh wait I forgot you fucks fat finger everything. Then blame it on, muh hardware dis company sucks because I bought a second hand mining card and it died!

It's been like 4 months how long you willing to apologize for amd?

>they're just waiting to unleash the true power of vega, honest!
LMAFUCKINGO

how much heat can this one dissepate?

that was after the perf became a known quantity.

>make a GPU larger than GP102
>claim you planned for it to be slower
Yeah, I'm sure that's what they were doing.

Wait dude lmao

>Gigabyte not doing Vega AIBs

Fine for me. More chips for Sapphire and XFX who can actually build good cards.

So that primitive shader thing is enabled or not?

not for gayman driver

Not yet. Until it is, Vega remains totally front end bottlenecked by being limited to processing 4 triangles per clock, which is not nearly enough to feed 4,096 shaders (as already shown by Fiji).

Unfortunately, developing this feature is kind of hard as it involves re-writing most of the DX11, DX12 and Vulkan rendering pipelines.

Not now. You need to wait.

Them tears of disappointment are gonna be some FineWine for me.

>shill buttflustered no one fell for his marketing shit
snake oil salesman lol
to be you...

tweaktown.com/news/56324/russian-nvidia-fanboy-murders-amd-fan/index.html

yeah, msi is making sexy cards as of late.

so never ever

>still cheaper alternative than nvidia if you add the jewsync
why would you need freesync if your gpu can't even get 60 fps on ultra in most games?

>60 fps on ultra in most games?
at what resolution are you talking about here? and with Vega 64?

okay i just fucked up, freesync is mostly on monitors that are 74+hz and that's where vega has problems because it gets 55-80 fps in most games and that's only average fps
maybe it will get more optimized, i really hope that with new drivers which support all new features vega has to offer it will get faster because we need competition

AMD is so fucked it isn't even funny. their shitty card hardly matches the 1080 and costs the same as a 1080ti.

56 and 64 perform virtually identical at the same clocks.

Except 3rd party non-blower cards run cooler for longer allowing for better performance due to less thermal throttleing.

Except if vega was competitive nvidia would of been forced to rush volta, which would put amd in a even better position for an amazing Navi launch.

Amd is piss ing off their most rabid fans and many people waiting to upgrade their 2xx, 3xx, and 4xx cards went nvidia instead after this shitty launch. Winning them back with a good navi launch is unlikely since most people don't upgrade cards every year.

They probably see no profit margins if they use custom cooling or PCBs.
That is pretty bad for everyone.

>it gets 55-80 fps in most games
answer my fucking question, what resolution and which GPU?

>costs the same as a 1080ti

>its just like updated r9 fury version of the 580
Its a bait, right? R-r-right

After MSI now gigabyte. Wew lad

is zotac any good?

On the more expensive cards, they use quality components and thoughtful board design. On the cheaper ones they are mediocore at best.

At this point I can just go buy a 1080Ti or go wait for Volta. Time is never on AMD's side.

>the launch of cards was fucked
>performance reviews fucked the launch even harder
>already pissed off the base that want to buy the cards
>who already bought the cards are now literally no way back but to wait for "major updates"
>meanwhile NVIDIA would like to just roll out a 1070Ti to just kill Vega 56 but NOT rolling out Consumer Volta cards, mainly because of GDDR5X/6 problems and/or no need to do so
With ASUS Strix's fuck up and Gigabyte/MSI's ship abandoning I just don't think one should be optimistic about Vega.

Didn't realize that EVGA FTW3 is that close to ASUS Strix while Aorus is actually worse than MSI by an obvious lot.