Ratpoison

Who here uses ratpoison? I've tried so many other WMs but I keep going back to this one. It's just the best.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Using_Ratpoison/Example_Config
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tried it once, didn't work. Next time I'll use a gun.

I used to use ratpoison. I think most people prefer herbsluftwm over it, just because of extensibility. I personally nixed it for exwm.

i3wm or gtfo

Maybe I'm retarded but I couldn't figure out ratpoison. I tried i3 and the default settings were very usable. I prefer being able to actually get things done while still learning its customization.

looked at ratpoison but didnt really see the appeal, still looking around for a nice dwm replacement

>tfw too stupid for anything other than openbox

I love how honest they are on their page.

useless. If one rats dies from eating the poison the rest wisen up and avoid that shit

t. stupid arch user

yes, you are retarded
don't give up, user! you can do it!

I've used most of the window managers out there but I always go back to Openbox. I fail to see the benefits on tiling when I use 3-4 windows per workspace and tile them to the edges and corners with a single click on Openbox.

isnt ratpoison abandonware? the author shawn betts moved to stumpwm, which is lisp based

No one uses Icewm anymore?
It was bredy gud back in the day

Convince me. Why use IceWM over Openbox or Fluxbox?

>ratpoison
isnt that just a tad bit antisemitic?

I currently use it. It is the only WM that neatly manages what I would call "window re-managing" where you reorganize the the windws that you already have open.
The default settings are not sane though.

i use icewm-lite, which is icewm without its panel. and i use tint2

over openbox, cuz its plain text config file.

on fluxbox, can u disable its panel? if not, theres a reason for ice over flux

No. Why must you shitpost?

But user, I'm using the panel! (It can be disabled though)

Ratpoison is utterly good. It has good controls that are easy to learn, is very low resource, and etcetera. Sometimes it is not good at hooking up to more high tech graphical stuff but I can excuse that.

The real big chads use xmonad and awesome.

I use to use i3 but found it lacking, so moved to awesom which I've stuck with ever since and not had a desire to move from. I game xmonad a try, but got bored setting it up so abandoned it, what's ratpoison like?

>Simple and normie friendly
>you can make it look exactly like win98 with minimal effort
>Just werks
Havent used it since the Slackware/kde3era, but it was alright.
My desktop was riced with fluxbox, rox and some theme from devianart, at the times anyways
Fuck i'm old

It's fine. I'm old too. I just used Windows back then. I'm currently on Fluxbox because it's a perfect fit for me and it looks great. I'll give IceWM a shot later, just out of curiosity. I've tried it years ago but I can't remember anything about it.

what's wrong with antisemitism

Great wm, improved my workflow.

No is not, the developers consider is finished and refuse to add cruft. If you want to extend it you use scripts.

nothing

Great for not get in your way. Yes, you can rice it, but we often prefer to just configure to fit our particular needs and get to work. Is tiling without anything else, the configuration is essentially deciding how you want your applications to behave and how you want ratpoison to handle frames that contain those applications.

It makes sense when you want a setup and don't want to bother changing it, it just works.

Here is the example .ratpoisonrc that help me with my own config en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Using_Ratpoison/Example_Config