How do we defeat facial recognition without intentionally looking like complete piece of shit?

How do we defeat facial recognition without intentionally looking like complete piece of shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/bhp/ir-laser-diode
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facial_recognition_system#Weaknesses
theverge.com/2015/7/1/8880363/google-apologizes-photos-app-tags-two-black-people-gorillas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-mask_laws
youtube.com/watch?v=mtu9_w8B984
arxiv.org/pdf/1611.04135v1.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

don't use it

Be black.

I said without looking like a piece of shit.

Copyright and trademark your face.
Build a website which sells images of your face for $1,000,000.
Sue anyone who has your face in a database for unlawful reproduction and distribution of your face.

Simple, never leave the house like a NEET

is this how the cyberpunk aesthetic developed? woah

well thought out mate

ebay.com/bhp/ir-laser-diode

Just remember to hide the wires or a security guard might think you're wearing explosives

Why don't you get a cool mask to hide your face? Seems simple.

Just smile

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facial_recognition_system#Weaknesses

>Another serious disadvantage is that many systems are less effective if facial expressions vary. Even a big smile can render the system less effective. For instance: Canada now allows only neutral facial expressions in passport photos.

Wouldn't your parents hold the copyright since they created you?

>tfw I had to go to the DMV because license expired
>tfw I kept smiling for the new photo out of habit
>tfw the lady kept telling me to stop laughing and smiling
>tfw at this point I was incapable of keeping a straight face because I could see how frustrated she was
>tfw she ended up just letting me keep the smile in my license picture.

in the US, your parents own nothing about you when you're 18 years old.

cute

Finally an excuse to wear cool light-up cyberpunk goggles to blind cameras so the AI can't recognize your face.

You don't because when you do the algorithm will just be tweaked to track your "camouflage".

The capacity for autism is huge.

>implying the vast majority of the public will actually give enough of a fuck to wear anti-surveillance stuff
>implying being one of the few people trying to hide their identity wouldn't just put an even larger target on your back

Plebs. It's about blending in as much as possible. You're just another John Smith walking the street on his way to work/home.

they cant track you even from behind so the most appropriate thing would be to go around with a helmet, but the thing is that some countries wont let you cover your face or shop wont let you in

it's designed to fuck up facial recognition, the blocky make up makes the camera think it isn't focus. The hair is asymmetrical because algorithms look for symmetricalness to identify a face. If you really ugly or deformed you're lucky.

Full niqab

>If you really ugly or deformed you're lucky.
finally something you excel at sweetie! see mommy always knew you were special

"this is my religion"

You have to be male to post here.

No one will call you a piece of shit with this on.

I'm a mom (male). I do what I please.

>tfw big brother can't detect my face

What if I took it off? Would I die?

don't live in or go to "the city"

It would be extremely painful...

Holy shit this

even without face stuff they can track by other shit

He's referring to street cameras that do use facial recognition

One easy way to beat them is keep your head down (read a book or use a phone)
Hence apples new phone being a huge problem

>smiling out of habit
for real

This is already delineated under american law. Photos of you are not inherently your property. In fact, you can be sued for unlawfully using your own likeness.

For example, if someone took your photo at a convention and you later found it on google images. You don't inherently have the right to use that photo.

more like you'll need an entire second dark identity cause biometrics are gonna ruin your meat one

that or the US gets some consumer protection/privacy laws LOL

>implying I have a face, nigger

You're a big guy

4U

>the US gets some consumer protection/privacy laws

be black

Im not even really joking

theverge.com/2015/7/1/8880363/google-apologizes-photos-app-tags-two-black-people-gorillas

face tattoos

Privacy screen face masks made from those low viewing angle filters

educate yourself on facial recognition, once you do you will understand its a meme

Hi FBI

Pretty damn sure this just makes it way fucking easier to recognize your fucking face...

that niggas a rapist

They already banned that because of the "KKK."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-mask_laws

not if you constantly get new tattoos

Wear one of these,.

tfw user is an anime character

Creepy af!!

This kind of masks are now illegal in multiple places

>not obfuscating your face for a protest
>not all turning up with the same IR blinder to throw off CCTV profilers

Just because your side isn't the one protesting right now, doesn't mean you won't be taking to the streets in the future.

Kek
Double kek

probly illegal to make that law in cool places.

imagine if a picture of your face was the one they stole to make this mask

I actually made one myself and it is creepy as hell. I only wear it when I go downtown and I only ever do that at night. As far as I can tell no one has noticed in the dark.

Imagine how criminals could use this to trick the police! I bet at least a few people have used it for this reason.

You can't

Even if you could copyright your face, it's still legal for companies to store that data. Search engines store an enormous amount of copyrighted data and it has been ruled legal. Facial recognition is just a search engine for faces.

This guy gets it. Gray man theory. The best disguise is to not wear one at all. If it gives you any comfort, walk around with an extra set of clothes in your bag. If there is heat, simply walk into a public restroom or a clothes shop, change clothes, and walk outside.

Guys, this doesn't work with widespread facial recognition. That's sort of the thread topic.

Where sunglasses which have small but powerful infrared LEDs on them, blast ir light at every angle away from your face to stop the cameras seeing your face details

like public facial recognition matters with the smart phone jew

Just get an aluminum case

Saved for my sci-fi writing inspiration pinboard.

this helps disguise yourself, the problem is you immediately become a "person of interest" is youre the one person showing up as a supernova. At that point your identity doesnt matter. You're just on the radar.

It won't be long until facial recognition systems are replaced with systems that recognize you based on the way you move. They will use your gait, your size and proportions, etc to recognize you even if you are dressed like this . Computers may not be very good at recognizing people now, but they are getting better quickly and they aren't going to stop getting better when they reach the point at which they are as good as humans. In the long run, the only way to avoid being recognized is to avoid being seen. Send a robot ahead of you that recognizes cameras and destroys them with a laser, including cameras on other robots.

I'll just do the chad walk 24/7 and change my technique occasionally

Sauce? This can't be real

why would anyone worried about facial recognition be using a phone?

be black

yes its real
some computer program is comparing static background (picture of empty street) to camera feed then overlay rectangles on all moving objects. Objects of certain size get certain color rectangles.

Don't go outside

not to mention gait recognition.

Apparently the madarin gives descriptions of the people.

>adult
>white pants
something like that

Honest question, why?
you're one more person among billions and nothing is going to happen unless you commit crimes

Yeah but I commit crimes

then enjoy jail you criminal

Go read more books kid. If we redefine "committing crimes" as "having undesirable opinions" (not at all inconceivable), then this technology along with the google analytics bullshit will guess with a certain accuracy if you're likely to be a dissident. Being able to track where you're going, what you're thinking, and every other external output (as is being set up) is a recipe for disaster.

not reading your conspiracy theory books, too busy having a life

Looks like Nvidia's work, I mean they are working on AI city, and partnered with international business (most of them are in China.)

Here is one video at the intersection right outside their building in Silicon Valley. Its just vehicles, but still, its a demo.

youtube.com/watch?v=mtu9_w8B984

Great argument, totally destroyed my points with logic and reasoning.
Obvious shill is obvious.

Put on make-up.

Large black sunglasses, groucho marx mustache and eyebrows with cowboy hat should work

This

sure user, the hundreds of hours of your life you've thrown into bladerunner fanfics aren't wasted, you win the internet

>Say something completely possible and will likely actually happen
LOOOL FUCKING CONSPIARACY THEORIST GET A LIFE XD
>Stop being retarded, please
LOOOOL GET A LIFE STILL XDDDDDDDDD
Not him BTW

Sounds super handy if they get an ABP, the system could automatically flag people for human inspection.

>conspiracy theory books
How is this a theory? Many countries in the modern day are well known for imprisoning those with unfavorable opinions.

It's not a conspiracy theory, it's already a reality. It starts as inactive data collection, but you will be put on the active watch list as soon as you say or do things they don't like; and I don't mean saying things in public, they are listening and watching everything you do in private. For example, anyone who uses Tor is marked as a possible target.

Burqa + padding + hover board.

What if you have criminal genetics?
arxiv.org/pdf/1611.04135v1.pdf

People can make those much more uhhh... subtle?

just deal with it