How much self-loathing do I need to use this?

How much self-loathing do I need to use this?
>6G install for a system with just fucking xterm and TWM installed
>BSD cucks will come in droves to this thread, posting bait images and calling me a retard; all while the bull's cum drips off their chin

why use bsd over linux

cuck license
u
c
k

l
i
c
e
n
c
e

Chad uses BSD
Virgin babby use Lincux

No reason to use BSD over Linux

>Can't even fit an install with Xfeces on 8 gigs of space.
>Meanwhile debian, arch, fedora and even fucking ubungo would have no problem with this

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Just use Linux if you don't like it. You don't have to be a retard about it.

input/ output error fag.
BSD is more secure and classy.

>Want to install a lightweight browser
>Find qupzilla in the ports tree
>Oh neat! that should be quick to compile and it's pretty light weight!
>Refuses to compile because of garbage dependency handling
>Guess I'll install seamonkey from the repos
>segfaults on startup
Wow great OS you got there guys

I eventually got it working, but fucking look at this shit
The font rendering is horrid, a lot of packages in the repos are disgustingly out of date even on current, the driver support is awful, gbde is trash compared to LUKS and the installer doesn't even offer you an encryption option, and finally it's just a pain in the ass to use.
Why the fuck do people bother with this shit, other than companies looking to save money by co-opting an OS? They can't use linux so I guess they just settle for freeBSD cause of that cuck-license.

Oh I forgot to add: 6 FUCKING GIGS FOR A COMPELTELY BASIC INSTALL WITH NOTHING BUT SEAMONKEY AND XFECES INSTALLED WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

>Why the fuck do people bother with this shit
Special snowflakes have to be unique to be special, and way too many here are using Linux now.

this looks like early 2000 linux lol

Oh and to elaborate further, I had to delete the ports tree to make room for an xfce install so it could fit on 8 gigs.
Meanwhile a FULL FUCKING INSTALL of SLACKWARE w/KDE fit on this just fine.
What the actual fuck are they wasting all that space with?

Don't install useless crap then.

t. OpenBSD laptop user

>hey guys let me make a thread to tell you how much i don't like an operating system

The point is that I have literally nothing installed
This is the base system of freebsd current.

A-at least emacs works though

how about using binaries you absolute fucktard

obviously it might take 6 GB if you use ports for everything as it needs to download the source code and the dependencies and the source code of those dependencies

There is nothing installed from ports on this install, and the ports tree isn't even installed
You can check the df, still 6 gigs

yes i believe you

You should, as he's right.

you could've moved it anywhere

for all i know you dd some random bytes into a file somewhere

i never underestimate the autism of you people on Sup Forums, especially when you start your OP with the usual shitposter material

Well user?

did you even read the 2nd paragraph?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

lmao grad school, what a horrible trap

linux is a kernel brainlets

I feel like this screenshot is a good rep of bsd as a whole

>ugh I can't believe people use something I don't use
This is you.

People who shill BSD's are fucking retards and you're a retard for listening to them. Meanwhile the people who actually use a BSD for soemthing other than hipster cred do so and get the fuck on with it, without caring what OS some other guy across the globe is using.