Firefox "Quantum" - install unsigned addons?

Ok so I'm testing this thing out, it SEEMS faster but in benchmarks so far it's barely a few percentage points better than Firefox ESR 52 in most of them. Of course it's almost 2x as fast in Mozilla's own speed testing thing but that's not relevant.

So how does one install unsigned addons like uBlock Origin's latest build - I went into about:config and disabled the signatures requirement but it still won't install.

What fucking madman sorcery is Mozilla up to these days and just how badly will they continue fucking up the Firefox legacy?

Other urls found in this thread:

mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/desktop/#nightly
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Set both xpinstall.signatures.required and xpinstall.whitelist.required to false

Didn't even know about the existence of the whitelist one, just altered that to false (so both are now false) and restarted, still won't install uBlock Origin or anything else that's unsigned/unverified.

Thanks for the info, wish it actually helped at this point.

GOD DAMMIT MOZILLA STOP FUCKING UP FIREFOX

lol

neets fall on another jewing tool

#noaddons

Oh... I think it only works in nightly or something

>almost as fast and responsive as chrome
WE MAED EET YAAS

>it's real

Firefox Quantum IS the nightly now and it still doesn't work, shit, neither the "nightly" nor the developer build which is ironic since you can't really sign an addon you're developing until it's fucking done.

GOD DAMMIT MOZILLA WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING

>What fucking madman sorcery
sjw liberal progressive kind

jewzilla must go and die fast

Nope, that's beta because nightly has different icon

mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/desktop/#nightly

FACT: one drive out of three dies because the user installs every new fuckfox version raising the writes to absurd numbers

That link is for Firefox 58 alpha 1, not Quantum. I get your point but the intent was the same.

All my Firefox usage is done from a RAMdisk, using portable versions that I create at will in like 5 seconds or less.

So, even though I had an SSD Firefox is configured never to use the local storage aside from the Temp system directory variable which itself is - yep, you guessed it - on a RAMdisk.

Try harder next time, son.

Firefox Quantum is the marketing name for version 57+, dumbass.

All my fucking addons are gone now so that's fucking great. I go to check for updates and apparently a bunch aren't maintained so that's fucking great. Maybe it's time I try and make my own browser like I've been thinking of. At the very least maybe rewrite some of these addons.

WTF happened to firefox. It used to be the clear alternative against chrome. But release after release it chokes by trying to pander to normies. When will Mozilla realizes that their target market is not hipsters. I don't want a 'Fierce' web browser. What does that even mean?

How about a web browser that respects your privacy, doesn't consume massive amounts of RAM, and supports webassembly?

How about instead of marketing your web browser to SJWs, you market to the power users, to the web developers, and to the people who have been loyal to you for decades?

How about some goddamn innovation?

>doesn't consume massive amounts of RAM
Firefox was never this.

I already have Nightly, why should I install this?

>install Nightly
>check addons page
>80% of addons not compatible with FF 57+

I was about ready to switch from Chrome before this.

Works for me on nightly. Managed to install uMatrix from github.

Keep in mind that just because an addon is "legacy" now it doesn't mean it will never be compatible with Firefox Quantum. There is still almost two months to go before 57 hits stable. Check the GitHub of the addon developer to see if he's working of a port.

good goyim