github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):
profile=opengl-hq
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files

Config example:
github.com/Argon-/mpv-config/blob/master/mpv.conf

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if youre asking performance related questions.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/jb-alvarado/media-autobuild_suite
github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/wiki/Performance
avsforum.com/forum/26-home-theater-computers/1477339-so-you-ve-built-your-htpc-now-what-next-how-get-ultimate-picture-sound-quality-your-htpc-madvr-svp-xbmc-mediabrowser-jriver-30.html#post31949593
avsforum.com/forum/26-home-theater-computers/1477339-so-you-ve-built-your-htpc-now-what-next-how-get-ultimate-picture-sound-quality-your-htpc-madvr-svp-xbmc-mediabrowser-jriver-30.html#post31842353
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/FAQ#Why_does_the_cache_not_work_for_Twitch_HLS_sites_and_some_youtube_links
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

MPLayer is best

>build mpv on windows with rossy's commit
>gpu-api=vulkan doesn't work
do i need something special like shaderc or whatever? i thought it would fall back to nvidia if i didn't have it

[/code]slang=english,eng,en,enUS,US,jpn,jp,japan[/code]
why does it not work in windows?

Try with different video.

anyone else on Windows 10 and can't build mpv in msys64?

just use github.com/jb-alvarado/media-autobuild_suite

I think python2 got added as a dependency for something recently and it doesn't work with waf
I removed python2 and everything worked again.

It's a total pain the ass. You need to download and compile to the mingw environment:

spriv-headers
spirv-tools
Vulkan-LoaderAndValidationLayers

They can be statically linked through right? Or will shinchiro/lachs0r builds need to include these in 7z archives now?

Does this make a portable .exe ?

>All tools get static compiled, no external .dlls needed (with some optional exceptions)

I tried adding them to lachsor build env manually using toolchain.cmake as build file and headers build/install fine but then spirv-tools refuse to find headers and I never got to actually compiling Vulkan-LoaderAndValidationLayers because I had wasted 20 minutes at this point and was just getting angry.

Only works when the subtitle file has a tagged language. Many have not, then the player has no idea what language a subtitle is in.

ux_freak: Any contributors online?
ux_freak: A bunch of UI/UX designers who believe in the open-source philosophy are interested in designing MPV
ux_freak: any devs who look into coding the designs / GUI
ux_freak: ?
avih: ux_freak: what gui?
avih: there's libmpv, feel free to design any gui you like around it
ux_freak: for the MPV software
ux_freak: so most of us designers over here
ux_freak: they don't code
avih: mpv is a minimal almost gui-less player. its core player module is libmpv, which you can use to embed it in your own gui
ux_freak: alright
ux_freak: do you know devs who can help us code that?

I bet they are web devs/"designers".

what the fuck am i reading lmao

>ux_freak: so most of us designers over here
ux_freak: they don't code

top kek

>designing MPV
what the

I just build from git and angle seems to have stopped wrking for me??

[vo/gpu/opengl] after rendering: OpenGL error INVALID_OPERATION.

Repeating.

already fixed in master

cheers m8

>github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/wiki/Performance
Based bjin.

Still slower than NGU and variants. :(

I'm pretty sure NGU is slower. And even if it wasn't, having to use a fucking directshow player would be fucking annoying. They're all dogshit garbage.

Nope.

Even with vulkan on linux, madVR nnedi3 is faster than mpv one and NGU-AA is better than ravu-r4.

I really doubt madvr can compete with compute sharers running on a card with decent compute performance. And again, even if it could the entire stack is crap, not exactly configurable, objectively ugly, and outdated.

>foozoor in doom9: madshi look how much mpv is better than madvr lol
>foozoor in /mpv/ : haasn look how much madvr is better than mpv lol
Sasuga foozoor. Also even madshi admitted opencl is bullcrap frequently gets borked because of drivers, bjin's optimizations made nnedi3 actually usable in a true crossplatform fashion. and people's numbers for opencl nnedi3 1080p to 4k was dogshit slow

avsforum.com/forum/26-home-theater-computers/1477339-so-you-ve-built-your-htpc-now-what-next-how-get-ultimate-picture-sound-quality-your-htpc-madvr-svp-xbmc-mediabrowser-jriver-30.html#post31949593

avsforum.com/forum/26-home-theater-computers/1477339-so-you-ve-built-your-htpc-now-what-next-how-get-ultimate-picture-sound-quality-your-htpc-madvr-svp-xbmc-mediabrowser-jriver-30.html#post31842353

>Sasuga foozoor
We gotta admit it works.

What font is that?

>LoaderAndValidationLayers
Why it is needed? What it did other than provide vulkan headers

Either way, cross-compile vulkan is more painful than angle

What's the minimum android bersion does mpv on android need?

It also provides the loader, libvulkan, which is responsible for actually discovering and loading the client driver. OpenGL needs a loader as well, but it comes with Windows. Microsoft want nothing to do with Vulkan because it impedes on their DirectX monopoly and D3D12 meme, so they don't ship one with Windows.

Not really. You only think that because you have to do the work to port Vulkan stuff and lachs0r/shinchiro/etc. have already done the work to port ANGLE. Vulkan tooling either builds out of the box in mingw-w64 or it needs only minor tweaking. Most libraries are also apparently tested in mingw-w64, and while CMake is awful, at least it's familiar. ANGLE, on the other hand, is a gigantic C++ monstrosity with a Google NIH build system, and because it's Google policy to use MSVC on Windows, they couldn't give a shit about mingw-w64 and they frequently break the build. All the toolchain patches in lachs0r's build scripts are for ANGLE. If you don't have to patch the toolchain to get Vulkan working, you're going well.

B-but I mean there's already vulkan-1.dll if the graphic driver support it

I thought that LunarG runtime installed with the drivers provide that loader? I haven't really tried vulkan much on windows, but some vulkan demos run fine without installing any external thing, maybe it's needed for amd or intel?

verdana? dunno

Oh, you're probably right. I have no idea then. You definitely need an import library as well as the headers, but I don't know who is supposed to provide the DLL.

>some vulkan demos run fine without installing any external thing
It's also possible these are statically linked.

How do I make mpv display amount of cache when using yt-dl? With livestreamer it displays: cache 10s + 123MB, with yt-dl it's always 10s

Probably related:
##################
# CACHE
##################
cache-initial=4096
cache=auto

##################
# YOUTUBE-DL
##################
ytdl=yes
hls-bitrate=max
ytdl-format=bestvideo[height

Probably it's worth mentioning, that I'm the same user who posted like 2 threads ago.
I want mpv to keep whole file in cache when using yt-dl (so I can seek backwards, or leave the player open to cache the whole video so I can watch it later (instead of manually downloading the file, watching it and deleting the file))

Why do you even use livestreamer?

It supports some sites yt-dl doesn't (say, picarto.tv for instance). Other than it, I find it more stable on a few other websites. Last but not least, I can just edit .py files instead of having to re-compile the whole thing (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, YT-DL)
Oh, and I use streamlink if that's what you're about. I just find the name livestreamer to be more recognizable.

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/FAQ#Why_does_the_cache_not_work_for_Twitch_HLS_sites_and_some_youtube_links

Well, I'll try compile the loader under mingw-w64 but kinda shame mpv doesn't has options to static linking libvulkan & libshaderc (yet) and both libs can produce static libs

Thanks, this explains a bit.
However, I still don't get why cache-seconds=36000 works for ie. rapidvideo.com, displaying the amount of video cached correctly, and cache=1024000 displays cache=10s on the exact same file (even though it's seems to get cached further)

also
>How do I make the latter to apply only when yt-dl is in use?
is there something like [profile.yt-dl] I can put inside my config file?

Got a benchmark to back that claim up or are you just spewing bullshit?

Why do you need to cross-compile vulkan? Isn't vulkan available natively for windows?

>OpenGL needs a loader as well, but it comes with Windows.
Actually, with OpenGL the function loading is the job of the application. In other words, mpv has its own OpenGL loader. But for vulkan we don't need a loader, since we get it from libvulkan.

(Although the entrypoints through which you do the loading come from WGL, GLX etc.)

Doesn't vulkan compile natively on windows with MSVC? I mean how else do video games like Doom do it? You can't try and tell me that they use mingw / msys for their windows-only video games?

I think you need all the libs and headers in the mingw env to build mpv with them. You can obv build them native on windows but that is useless for mpv.

At the risk of sounding retarded, why can't you just use the windows versions of those libraries with mingw? Wrong ABI? But if so, how do you link against windows-native APIs like WGL normally?