How is wireless charging better than a normal charger? You plug in a pad into the wall...

How is wireless charging better than a normal charger? You plug in a pad into the wall, and then when you rest your phone on the pad, the phone charges. How is this better than a regular charger? With a regular charger you could be using/holding your phone at the same time it's charging. With this wireless charging, the phone has got to be flat on the pad. You can use it while it's laying flat but it's preferable to be holding it pointing at your face. This wireless charging seems stupid.

>How is this better than a regular charger
It isn't, it's just a gimmick for normalfags.

Apart from the tradeoffs you mentioned, here are some benefits:

>Even if you break the USB port on your phone, it still works
>It's a lot quicker just to lie your phone on a pad on your desk, rather than worrying about plugging your phone in
>It's great for businesses, you can have them built into tables, and everyone from androids to iPhones can use them, without having to worry about the chargers getting stolen
>Addition to above, it's arguably more (or can become) ulbiquitous, because Qi charging is universal, and there are three port standards for mobile phones right now

You'll be plugging in your wireless charger one time and just let it rest but same can be done with a normal charger. In the end it's just a gimmick that seems fast and efficient but looses in multiple areas when compared to a normal charger.

It actualy changes significantly slower. It's shit.

>This wireless charging seems stupid.

In five years you'll realize how stupid you sound

>what is convenience

wireless charging is the electrical equivalent of netflix... you pay for something that performs worse than the free alternative because: convenience

never underestimate the value of convenience to normies... world economies are built on it

not a fan of having to buy a new iphone and dock having more radio waves next to my head on my bedside table... but the killer application for wireless charging no one talks about is in cars... getting in and out for short trips... handy

>>Even if you break the USB port on your phone, it still works
Never happened to me so alternative solution: don't be retarded

>>It's a lot quicker just to lie your phone on a pad on your desk, rather than worrying about plugging your phone in
Pure laziness

>>It's great for businesses, you can have them built into tables, and everyone from androids to iPhones can use them
Just charge your phone at home, what kind of poverty phone doesn't last an entire work day

>>without having to worry about the chargers getting stolen
Pretty sure you can steal the wireless charger, not to mention the phone

>>Addition to above, it's arguably more (or can become) ulbiquitous, because Qi charging is universal, and there are three port standards for mobile phones right now
Would be better to just standardize normal chargers since they're better, otherwise all phones come with a charger anyway

this form is a gimmick, imagine a table that has it embedded or a box with keys allowing you to secure your phone in a public space say while it charges and you go take a dump in the dirty public restrooms

>these things provide value in this situations and solutions to these potential problems
>SITUATIONS? what are you stupid? just dont get into situations duh
>PROBLEMS? what are you a retarded stupid normie? just stop having problems duh
Your kind of autism is the least entertaining one. People have different use cases and needs. Putting a phone down on the table in cafe and have it charged is great. That of course requires you leave the house at some point. Now fuck off.

>Never happened to me so alternative solution: don't be retarded
>Never happened to me
Glad you are here to speak for everyone.

>Just charge your phone at home, what kind of poverty phone doesn't last an entire work day
All of the "premium" phones when they are used heavily during the day. And I'm not talking about playing games.

>Pretty sure you can steal the wireless charger
Not when it is built into the table you are sitting at.

>Would be better to just standardize normal chargers since they're better
Sure, it would be, but you have to get all the companies to agree on a standard. Good luck getting Apple to switch from Lightning to USB-C, they could have done it now but they're invested in milking money off the port. On the plus side you can take your iPhone 8 or X and plop it on any Qi pad to charge it even when you don't have your Lightning cable on you.

Also, you can listen to music while charging your iPhone8/X.

If you have multiple phones and have to miss around with micro usb and usb c cords?

>if i use reddit spacing and quote every point he made i'll sound convincing, despite my severe retardation

>reddit spacing
Have you never heard of formatting text to make it easier to read?

>Never happened to me so alternative solution: don't be retarded
Congrats for yourself, it's still by far the most common thing a phone is sent in for repair for. Behind screen replacements obviously.

Its an option, not an alternative. Its good for future shit like, tables at cafes being massive charging pads for phones.

Also, from what someone said in a video, you can't have your phone protector on while it's charging with the wireless charger, so you have to remove that every time you want to wireless charge.

Shut the fuck up retard

I have had 2 phones with wireless charging and the ONLY case that will fuck it up is a battery charging case (the battery is too thick for the wireless charging to penetrate through).

Or cases that have metal.

It's wireless charging, the WHOLE fucking reason your phone has a glass back now is because with metal backs wireless charging doesnt work, the signal gets blocked.

Pretty much ANY case allows you to use wireless charging with it. The only issues are again, cases with metal, and if you bought a super cheap chink wireless charger it wont have the power to go through cheap TPU cases even.

Get a REAL wireless charger from a decent company (samsung, apple, etc) and you wont have issue.

>never underestimate the value of convenience to normies... world economies are built on it

A luddite on Sup Forums, never thought I'd see the day! Which inconvenient technology are you using to speak with us today, non-normie?

Regular charger can fuck up your microusb jack.

5 hours have passed after reading your post the first time and I still wanna punch you in the face

I got a wireless charger for my work desk and it's pretty handy. Whenever I'm not using the phone I can just place it on the mat and it charges. Obviously plugging it in would charge faster but I don't have to fumble with plugging and unplugging a cable, just place the phone down and do your own business

Come here and I will fulfill your death wish

HEY MY FUCKING CHARGER PORT IS BROKEN AND ITS $100 TO FIX IT?
wireless charger is $5.99 on chinese websites

>Even if you break the USB port on your phone, it still works
Really uncommon, but true
>It's a lot quicker just to lie your phone on a pad on your desk, rather than worrying about plugging your phone in
True, but its not like plugging it in takes more than a few seconds at worst
>It's great for businesses, you can have them built into tables, and everyone from androids to iPhones can use them, without having to worry about the chargers getting stolen
Is this an american thing? Who steals chargers?
>Addition to above, it's arguably more (or can become) ulbiquitous, because Qi charging is universal, and there are three port standards for mobile phones right now
I'll give you that

I love wireless charging in my car. Get in, nexus 5 sticks to air dock with magnets, stays charged, Bluetooth for music, its amazing. Outside of the car I have never used the wireless charging, but that one use is enough for me to never want a phone without it now.