The audiophiles of monitors

>muh 144 hz
>i can feel the difference i swear! i wish there was 244 hz so I could expend another couple of grands to satisfy my placebo and up my self-esteem!
>muh 4k 24"
>b-but else i would be seeing pixels!
>i-it's totally justified expending 4.000 USD on equipment just to be able to not watch those pixels!
>what do you mean you don't? those pixels are there, you are just poor!

kek

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weaving
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

144hz is not a meme tho

>tfw you have a magnificent 32" 4k panel with pixel density just right

It is.

Name one benefit that isn't subjective placebo.

7ms reaction time improvement significant for competitive fps games

Makes a huge difference in first person shooters and other games with fast motions. Racing games at 144fps are orgasminc.

And I say this as someone with a 60hz monitor that has had the chance to play with a 144hz monitor at a friend's house.
The difference is immediately apparent to anyone that has normal eyes. If you can't tell the difference you might be legitimately disabled.
Even just moving the cursor on the screen is smooth as fuck.

However, outside of gaming and or certain types of media, they have no purpose.

Op is a poorfag with poorfriends or maybe just literally retarded. 144hz is not a meme, and you can get a 1080p 144hz for less than 200

Can confirm, even moving the cursor is visibly smoother, not to mention games. No super sight required but you may actually be disabled if you can't see the difference.

>he doesnt know about the secret 144hz movies

the difference between 60hz and 144hz is huge, op is a faggot and retard

Yes.
Fun fact the ovetall rwaction time of a top end system is like 90ms and theres also internet ping

Good job you chose a gay men 1080p TN over a 4k ips panel for the same price.

Where can I get them?

>he thinks 4k is 4000 dollars in 2017
>he thinks 144hz is thousands of dollars

tjat neing said 3440x1440 ultrawide with picture by picture is where its at

>I like eating shit

wouldn't they be videophiles?

I'm sure there are diminishing returns the higher you go, but the difference between 60 and 144 is night and day. It's very noticeable. It's great for gaming, but it's good even just on the desktop. I can move my cursor around in circles or drag windows around, and it looks so much smoother at 144.

>There are people RIGHT NOW that are not using CRTs

>no motion blur
>0ms response time
>better colors
>better contrast
>better viewing angles
>100hz+ refresh rate if overclocked

What's your excuse?

>being so poor you shitpost on Sup Forums to make yourself feel better about your 1366x768 TN eye cancer

>ive never used 144 hz
>144 hz must be a meme
critical thinking skills stronk

You're right, 144hz is a meme, don't buy it nor attempt to experience it. You don't deserve such a travesty.

Except I'm global elite on csgo and have a 1080p IPS 24" 60hz $150 monitor.

I've never heard of anyone wanting 244hz kek
going from 60 hz to 144 is like going from fapping to fucking someone, there's a very noticeable difference

What's your point here?

So what? I'm also global elite and top 1% in a bunch of other FPS games with a 60hz 21,5 inch panel, doesn't change the fact that 144hz panels are better.

You know, even when I used to play with a shitty mouse and keyboard I dominated most FPS games with ease, but getting a good mouse with a good sensor helped me improve further. I am currently waiting for a 144hz panel to be back in stock in my local store so I can purchase it, I don't doubt that it will help me play better or, if anything, make the experience more enjoyable because smoothness is as desirable as it could be.

Dell S2716DG @ 1440p / 144hz / Gsync

I couldn't go back to gaming on my Ultrasharp after this, despite the worse color on a TN panel

>27"
>1440p
>144hz

Is this the holy trinity?

The point is that you shouldn't try to buy expensive hardware yo make up for your lack of skill.

lmao poorfags

>7ms reaction time improvement significant for competitive fps games

>competitive fps games that run on a 60Hz tick rate anyway

But nobody is saying that a 144hz panel will make you outright better at games.
You imbecile.
It is objectively a better experience, more smooth and more responsive. Personal skill has nothing to do with it. However someone with more skill will take better advantage out of it.
If you can't afford a 144hz panel it's okay, just play less videogames, get a job and then buy one. You'll thank us later.

>muh 144 hz
objectively better than anything below
>i can feel the difference i swear! i wish there was 244 hz so I could expend another couple of grands to satisfy my placebo and up my self-esteem!
there is a thing called diminishing returns, but even then it's an objective fact that the difference is perceivable
>muh 4k 24"
more pixel per inch mean the pixels are smaller which would be better if there was a thing such as scaling that is not shit
>b-but else i would be seeing pixels!
this is a valid argument
>i-it's totally justified expending 4.000 USD on equipment just to be able to not watch those pixels!
are you a communist? or why do you have to bitch about people spending their money on what they want
>what do you mean you don't? those pixels are there, you are just poor!
if you don't then you either have bad eyesight or are lying this has nothing to do with being poor or rich

>It is objectively a better experience, more smooth and more responsive.

I'm sure audiophiles would have their bullshit reasons too. Shut up and buy the newest edgy gamer 16k $10000 monitor you fucking sheep.

>get a job and then buy one. You'll thank us later.

No thanks, I'm fine with real improvements such as IPS technology, but I won't waste my money on memehertz.

>Refresh rate is a meme

These type of threads are always the same but somehow I find them funny every time.

Nobody is saying you have to buy a $10k monitor, a 350$, 400$ or 500$ will be more than enough.

If you think higher refresh rate isn't worth it for you, that's fine, not everyone has the same needs. Personally I have a 60hz TN monitor and an IPS monitor, because that's what I needed.
Just don't try to pretend like the improvements one technology offers are placebo or fake, when they're not, and anyone without a bias will tell you so.

I am convinced it's just the same bunch of trolls trying to stirr shit every week. It probably started with real poorfags with sour grapes and people picked up on it because it gets them replies.

>objectively better than anything below
source: your ass
>there is a thing called diminishing returns, but even then it's an objective fact that the difference is perceivable
just as how people perceive health improvements when taking placebos
>more pixel per inch mean the pixels are smaller which would be better if there was a thing such as scaling that is not shit
>invisible things are better
>this is a valid argument
sure it is
>are you a communist? or why do you have to bitch about people spending their money on what they want
I don't bitch, I make fun of you.
>if you don't then you either have bad eyesight or are lying this has nothing to do with being poor or rich
I have 20/20 eyesight.

I bet your proud of your phone having 10000ppi and 394895839x3958958295 resolution on 4 inches. Eat shit

>not objectively better than anything below
Source: your ass

So who's ass is the right source?

>le sour grapes meme
Look bub, right now I have about 3k of disposable income. I'm just smart with my money.

I'm comparing this shit to audiophiles because they too can "tell a difference" on their million dollars worth of equipment. But turns out it's mostly bullshit.

I mean, what the fuck, buting 2k worth of gpus, then a meme rog edgy gaming monitor, just for some memehertz and 40fps true 4k experience.

LMAO

>I bet your proud of your phone having 10000ppi and 394895839x3958958295 resolution on 4 inches. Eat shit
no i actually don't unlike you i don't have to cry about hardware on a basketwaving forum
i only replied because you are objectively wrong in everything you say, not that it would change your mind or anything

I use it for 3D gaming, giving me 72Hz in each eye.
A 60Hz panel would only give a "cinematic" 30Hz in each eye.

Also are you really saying "Humans can't see more than 60fps durrrrrr"?

What the fuck are you talking about, kid?
Come on, take your meds and stop shitposting. It really isn't funny.

If you can't tell the difference between 60hz and 144hz, you are disabled.
You have a 60hz panel right? Overclock it to 75hz and tell me it doesn't look smoother.
Now try a 144hz monitor and come back.

>But turns out it's mostly bullshit.
stop pretending that you actually ever tried any of that shit out yourself you autist

That guy might be a retard but actually Google svp. It's pretty decent for animated movies and shows

Lmao, got the audiophile guys. Enjoy your vinyl.
Not good enough bait.
weaving*
>muh opinionz are obshectiff

>3k of disposable income
Look at this brainlet

It's okay to be jelly.

I have a 144hz monitor and I can mostly tell the difference but not so much in games. I sit about 3 feet from my monitor though so maybe that's the issue.

I don't care if people buy 144hz monitors if they play competitive games.

I dont play video games so there is no appeal to buy 4K monitors.

Also who cares what idiots spend their money on?

I have more than 50k saved up but even that is a pathetic amount

Thing is I'm not a 30 yeard old who still lives with his parents like you.

Being 20 and having 3 grands to blow on shit is good enough for me. I could even buy your mom.

>not spouting bullshit makes you an audiophile
>weaving*
no, waving you bait ass nigger

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weaving
>hehe le epin bait xd

>Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Stop spending money on things!!! Everyone has to have the same shitty things I have! Nobody is allowed to have better tech! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

lmaoing @ your life, OP

>is too retarded to read
>has to spout his retarded memes about basketweaving
>can't realize that someone actually meant what was written

using too much chink shit that novelty became dream to him

Give me a 60 fps vs 144 fps comparison test and I will get it right every time unlike audiophiles on their audio tests.

Buying a 144 hz monitor was one of my best decisions ever. The difference is extremely noticable. Stop talking shit

Guys stop feeding the troll.

>2017
>buying 144hz monitors

It's not like the human eye can see past ~29Hz per second anyways.

I got the S2417DG, shit's cash. I get ghosting on the fast response time though.

Or you could have both and reap both benefits

24" 4k monitors are the cheapest though. It's the retards buying TV tier monitors that are getting fucked in pricing for what's almost literally just four 1080p monitors taped together.

the jump from 60 to 144 is amazing, I will never come back to filthy 60

Where to buy 24" 4k?

I know, right?
Wtf with high resolutions? Human eye can't see pixels beyond 1080p anyways, so no point for higher res.

Also about refresh rate: human eye can't identify single images beyond 24fps, so even 24fps is too much fps!

It's just a way to pull cash from us!

This. Huge difference in Quake.

Except people do blind tests with refeesh rates all the time, most people can identify the difference between 60 and 120Hz 100% of the time. 120 and 240 is harder though, you probably have to play games a lot to notice.

Amazon? Newegg? Wherever you normally buy hardware. As for models Dell P2415q or LG 24UD58 are both good, Dell has a better stand though.

Overclocking a monitor is also a meme that needs to die.

>buying anything ever
fucking capitalists... its so easy to get free computer stuff these days

You save the environment and stop people from making money off you

Oh and i forgot to mention... that delicious sense of superiority you get when you get something for free... that someone else has to pay for... makes life worth living...

>P2415Q
Shit, that's cheaper than my S2417DG.

Linus tested this and found that you can tell the difference in a blind test, so the entire thing isn't "subjective placebo".

120 hz vs 144 hz is maybe a meme, but there's a huge difference between 60 and 120. It's like the difference between knockoff iPhone earbuds and something reasonably good like AD700 or whatever the current meme headphones are. You can argue that it's pointless to get HD800s or $3000 Stax earphones when you can get something that's genuinely good for a fraction of the price, but you can't argue that $0.15 garbage earbuds are good enough.

60Hz is legitimately shit, everyone should overclock their monitors to at least 75Hz.

I use kz earphones and I'm fine with the audio quality.
They last forever too.

I can use a 1366 x 768 display for daily use, but I like 1080p better.
Same goes for 1080p vs 4k, I can see the pixels on a 15 inch 1080p laptop, not on a 6 inch 1080p phone.
I genuinely think high ppi is good if you have the money.

High pixel density and high refresh rate aren't the problem with the current displays, it's a 16:9 aspect ratio.

It's pretty weak actually and since you sound like a fag I can't imagine anyone would want to work with you

lol faggot, logical ticks and drawing frames are two different things and run entirely independently from each other, in different threads

faster rendering only slows down the logic part, if anything, dumbass

>he hasn't used one

But you can actually tell the difference between 60 and 144 unlike the difference between a normal audio cable and a $10,000 cable.

Ah yes, I feel very superior dumpster diving at office complexes and public schools looking for old dell desktops. Come on man.

My old NEC Diamondtron could do 80 hz at 1280x1024 at higher hz at lower resolutions.

Show me your ways oh great one.

You obviously haven't ever seen a 60hz monitor next to a 144hz one. There's a huge difference, I'm not saying it's a necessary upgrade but once you're used to it there's not going back. 144hz isn't a meme

>tfw playing brand new games on medium settings on a 1080p monitor with entirely scavaged parts
But please, keep working so you can buy your new epiXXXd3sTr0y3r gaymer RGB "rig". Maybe you can retire when your 65, by then the average life expectancy may give you another 20 years to actually live free! Its amazing all this modern medicine.
eh! fellow leaf.
first step is talking to the normie relatives they probably have a bunch of shit that they don't use and would be happy to give away. I got a lot of my stuff from helping people move or clearing up dead people's houses.

>I'm also global elite and top 1%
there's no need to lie