It's here again

techpowerup.com/237384/eight-nvme-drives-raided-on-amd-x399-break-the-28-gb-s-barrier
Not a single day without a JUST thread! Come on, come all! This time it's completely unrestricted RAID on Threadripper with 8 NVMe drives resulting in 28 GIGABYTES PER SECOND read AND write speeds!

>Meanwhile at Inturd:
>"BUY RAID KEYS, Sup ForumsOY! Y AREN'T U BUYING 'EM!?"

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/237371/amds-pinnacle-ridge-zen-12-nm-cpus-to-launch-on-february-2018
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The intel shit is pure kikery but that doesn't mean hardware RAID isn't complete garbage intended so winfags can compete with LVM/CEPH/ZFS and XFS RAID

>hardware RAID
>garbage
You can only pick one, Neo.

Say his name.
Say it loud and clear.
Because you know you want to.

NO, NOOOOOO, IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS!!!11

>t. NTFS on 8 NVMe devices

You can perform fully synchronous writes on this shit at twice that speed with native compression applied on the fly.

The point was to show that Threadripper can do RAID just fine and it's fully enabled with no extra cost, not about the speeds. Sure you can do even better, but that wasn't the point of why he did it.

RAID doesn't matter!
PCI-E lanes don't matter!

This shitposting reminds me of Fermi debacle.

I'm more interested in what this board will be like after this...

techpowerup.com/237371/amds-pinnacle-ridge-zen-12-nm-cpus-to-launch-on-february-2018

Firemi was dethroned by i9

How fast would one's PC boot with this shit?

The OS probably couldn't even properly handle that speed.

> implying this is a hardware RAID
FakeRAID isn't a real RAID.

1000W is not that bad

Delet this goy!

>yet another click bait article
gosh, the pajeet in charge of the news in that nazi website must be jumping with joy as he looks at the article view counter increasing. gotta rake in that advertising jew gold while you can

I saw a RAID 0 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Bit SP1 with just two Samsung 960 Pro, and the shit was so fast it wasn't even able to BIOS POST before it already loaded into OS itself.

Read the article, you dumb fuck.

Fucking hell man. At this rate computers are going to use NVMEs as storage AND RAM.

B-BUT MUH OPTANE

>At this rate computers are going to use NVMEs as storage
How is it there, in 2015? At least one NVMe drive is in every fourth PC nowadays, by 2020 it'll be 100% mainstream.

Nah, with Zen 2 and Zen 3 RAM will be integrated into the CPU itself, in a from of HBM, no need to RAMDISK through NVMe.

>in a form of

>b-but muh 20% more performance ..
>p-pls ignore the double price tag, less PCIe lanes, horsecum TIM, etc.

It's not even 20%, lel.

>4-8GB of HBM vs 2-4 NVMEs in raid (total 1-4TB)
hmmmmmmm

Not only that.
Intel's raid solution is limited to Intel SSDs for now, and those get about half the transfer rates of the samsung SSDs used.

(Yet) another case of Intels jewish tricks backfiring horribly.

oh yeah???? but w-we have the fastest dual core on HEDT X299 platform!!!

no ECC memory support
700W TDP for CPU alone when overclocking to only 4,5GHz

>buying one CPU vs buying several expensive-as-fuck TB NVMe SSDs which will occupy slots and space
Hmmmmmmm

>1000W
Here you go.

Be a good goy and buy Xeon for only 300% more.

What will Krzanich's legacy be?

Thanks for the suggestion, rabbi. I already have 1950X. A truly incredible Zenon indeed.

>b...b...but muh gaymen fps

>b-b-bb-b-bu-b-u-u-uu-ut m-m-m-m-mu-muh g-g-g-gg-ga-gay-men

Hmmm.....

He meant NVME as both storage and ram.

Which will be RAMDISK. Which is pointless.

They'll go down in price. Maybe in another 2-4 years NVMEs will be $40/256GB. You'll probably only need 4 in RAID to achieve 28GB/s throughput once faster pci-express lanes happen in the future.

>They'll go down in price.
Not before Zen gets HBM integrated in it.

Why do you have this insane idea that it will replace system RAM? Have fun replacing the fucking CPU just because some of your RAM is faulty, or not being able to swap out your system RAM for ECC RAM because you need a new CPU, or not being able to just buy more RAM or faster RAM because you have to replace the CPU.

Fuck you.

>what is pagefile

Nice argument faglord

THANK YOU BASED JIM FOR GASSING JEWTEL

>Page File
>2017

>2017
>not having 28 gb/s pagefile
Get fucked poorfag.

No you dummy, if you have 28GB/s NVME then just fucking ramdisk the whole entire 16-32GB OS for 1337 speeds.

Dumbass

t. poorfag

(You)

THANK YOU BASED JIM

Jew Killer

Did you buy one?

>IOmeter measured a transfer speed of 28375.84 MB/s.
>DDR4-3200 tops out at 25600 MB/s
I'm calling it now, in the next 20 years RAM is going to be integrated into the processor and start being referred to as L4 cache, page files are going to replace RAM, and hard drive bays will cease to exist on a large portion of cases.

>most anons are just spamming shit about Intel and Jews rather than talking about these ridiculous specs
I don't even know why I come to this board anymore. It's not like there's intelligent discussion of technology.

>I'm calling it now, in the next 20 years RAM is going to be integrated into the processor
Two years from now. Zen 2.

>Two years from now. Zen 2.
What makes you say that?

They have plans to integrate HBM into Zen 2, and will start integrating it in all Zen processors after that. Zen 2 will basically be officially first consumer CPU to ever produced which has RAM integrated right in the die. And considering that they're already at HBM2, it's highly likely that even first gen of such processors will have HBM2 straight right away, instead of first gen HBM. Just imagine a Zen 2-based APU.

That would be pretty pointless.

I'm pretty sure that's only going to be for their APUs. It's been talked about regularly for their Zen based Raven Ridge APUs that will be coming out early next year.

>getting RAM literally inside of CPU instead of making it seat "somewhere near on the motherboard's PCB"
>pointless
"What is latency? What is cleaner PCB? What is better integrated graphics performance? What are lesser power envelope and temperatures? I'm too dumb to process all this information"

Even if only for APUs, this will still be a major breakthrough and a massive boost both in performance and in efficiency for APU's integrated video. This will also finally allow for 8+ core APUs to be made, because currently they're being restricted to 4 cores simply due to latencies and power restrictions between computing cores, video cores, and discrete RAM.

This is Bullshit. nvme has a driver that needs to load. And windows 7 doesn't even have it native.

Sata6 is actually faster when booting.

You can boot from NVMe on Windows 7 just fine, you dumb fuck. The driver is loaded from motherboard's BIOS, before everything else.

Stop being a retard and learn how to use a PC.

Not all PCs even have an SSD yet... Also worth noting that some people are waiting to upgrade due to backdoors in modern intel and amd cpus.

>nvme has a driver that needs to load.
so does sata
>And windows 7 doesn't even have it native.
you load it during installation, dunce

An 8 core APU would be a damn big die even on 7nm, I'd rather a fast quad core and a big HBM fed GPU.

And where on the CPU package would these magical RAM modules sit user?

They'd replace the cores, duh

Ah silly me, so quantum computing refers to Schrödinger's CPU.

>so quantum computing refers to Schrödinger's CPU.
Nope, it's Heisenberg's (or not).