How 2 disable Windows Updates

Good day ni/g/gers,

A friend of mine uses Windows 10 and wants to disable the automatic updates but doesn't know how.
Since I'm not currently not using Windows and have always used cracked versions, idk how to disable that shit.

Advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

debian.org/releases/stable/
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
twitter.com/AnonBabble

gpedit.msc

debian.org/releases/stable/

follow the instructions

Get enterprise /ltsb if you're a pirate, otherwise use software like shutup10, blackbird or other, Google can help you

Cant find any ltsb links that dont look sketchy. Any links?

I just disable the windows update service and re-activate it once in a while to update when I want.

>a friend
tell yourself to install gentoo

OOSU10
O
S
U

>ltsb
>3rd party software
>Sup Forums
Holy shit just how much of a computer illiterate are you . g is full of retards like you eating all the memes g shits out and repeating the cycle , do yourself a favor and block Sup Forums .

LTSB is bretty gud desu senpai

We aren't your tech support. Call Microsoft, you shit for brains faggot.

osu!

>heh, if you use a front end to make registry changes in windows instead of combing through every update and writing the scripts yourself, then you don't belong on Sup Forums
wew lad. give me one reason to not use OOSU10

I once lost work because of Windows 10 updates. Once.

nice placebo you got there

Open notepad, paste this, save as whatever.reg and open it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU]
"AUOptions"=dword:00000002

>so now I have two indicators to show me what program I'm running, one on top and a redundant one on the bottom
fuck off and learn how to rice reddit.

lol no

DON'T DO THIS, IT MICROWAVES YOUR HARD DRIVE

Try this OP.

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

It might work, it might not work, but either way, it's a safe method you can attempt without downloading third party software, and if something goes wrong, it's easily reversible.

alright alright

Win+R
gpedit.msc
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Update\
"Configure Automatic Updates"