github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):
profile=opengl-hq
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files

Config example:
github.com/Argon-/mpv-config/blob/master/mpv.conf

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if youre asking performance related questions.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Argon-/mpv-config/blob/master/mpv.conf
mpv.io/manual/master/
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/4933
github.com/RealDolos/mpv-setup
bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mpv-installer-nsis/downloads/
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf#L43
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Need some reasons to use mpv over vlc. Please list them. And no my mind is not biased towards vlc.

try it or don't
use it or don't
no one really gives a shit

mpv is one of the few software I find genuinely pleasant to use. Absolutely can't say the same about VLC.

Trying to set-up mpv on a Windows machine, have a config for me?

>Config example:
?github.com/Argon-/mpv-config/blob/master/mpv.conf

Can you read?

If you ask that mpv is not for u.

mpv is the placebo pill player. Only thing which makes actually makes a HUGE difference is SVP, which also works with VLC.

>VLC
>SVP
nice bait :^)

I get much less banding with MPV than VLC

probably a stupid question, but are those video output profiles valid for a windows machine?
right now I'm getting artifacts on the OSD and from what I read it has something to do with opengl-pbo. What would be the best option for a windows desktop with an nvidia card?
pic related are current settings.

>What would be the best option for a windows desktop with an nvidia card?
Leave it blank and add settings as you find them necessary

yeah you are probably right. Besides certain youtube specific options and setting some defaults I just wanted to get the video handled by hardware. I'll clean the config.
Anyways it would be cool that someone with a decent config example that works on a windows machine gets linked to the OP pasta for future reference

>Anyways it would be cool that someone with a decent config example that works on a windows machine gets linked to the OP pasta for future reference
>>High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):
>profile=opengl-hq
>Config example:
>github.com/Argon-/mpv-config/blob/master/mpv.conf

# Video settings
profile=gpu-hq
gpu-context=angle
hwdec=auto

How can I fix my audio so that loud noises are loud? Everything seems to be the same volume right now.

No love for MPlayer?

dead project

hwdec is bad

yeah, that doesn't work properly, on some computers you get artifacts unless you go opengl-pbo=no

I didnt know, every time I ask about it people gets all assblasted because "windows is bad install gantoo". It's fucking annoying, it was really easy to get help and make a proper config for my thinkpad that runs on Arch, but it would be nice to get sample configs for Windows and OSX too, I happen to use all three and would like to pretty much have the same exact config with the corrections working on them.

thanks user, I will try it later on.

>but it would be nice to get sample configs for Windows and OSX too
Argon is using OSX so I assume his linked config works well there?

windows builds with workin vulkan where

I use it and just download from mvp.io.
So where the fuck is the mvp conf i search it in:
C:\Users\Fire dragon\AppData\Roaming\mpv
And theres nothing.

>
>yeah, that doesn't work properly, on some computers you get artifacts unless you go opengl-pbo=no
Maybe because it's just an example and your not supposed to copy it like a retard?

make it yourself Fire dragon

Onii-chan, why doesn't mpv have a built-in, finely tuned, anime preset so we don't have to copy/paste bullshit settings from people who don't know what they're doing?
Why don't mpv devs just give us a really good preset?

fuck off you reddit casual

So would i use a bat file?
Im retarded.

no? you would just make a empty text file and save it as mpv.conf and add whatever configuration settings you want

Mpv for anime is easy to set up though. # to change audio language j to cycle through subs. And ass settings. Nothing hard there

mpv is still blurry as shit when compared to madVR when watching anime.
I'm still using madVR for pretty much everything because of that.

ok keep using madvr then and fuck off

there is little fine tuning to be done beyond what is covered by profile=opengl-hq that isn't highly subjective. the only person who can fine-tune things to your specific tastes is you.

Lol dude I think you just download shit quality animu. Even with stock settings it looks good. Have you even tried stock settings?

>being too retarded to adjust mpv to your likings

What's wrong nothing works,i make the text file (mpv.conf)

you didn't configure profiles correctly or install the profile script

How?

Just use ravu and hassansoft and go away.

mpv.io/manual/master/

Holy shit you didn't even read the comments of the config you copied and now you are complaining it doesn't work
lol

Now just someone post a pic of his mpv.conf document open.

how 2 build w/ vulkan on wangblows?

Reminder that the office laptop of mpv is the Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display.

reminder that apple has the worst graphics support of any platform and that mpv does not have offices

>try to compile mpv in msys on W10
>Writing configuration header: : Could not create the directory C:/msys64/home/nigger/mpv/build/C:

That's an illegal filename afaik. You can't have a colon (:) in your filenames.

but I compiled mpv just fine a week ago in exact same way

Install madvr

install linux

>Maybe because it's just an example and your not supposed to copy it like a retard?
that was helpful you stupid cunt, did you read what the user asked? He wanted a working config for a windows computer

To all Botnet users:

Don't compile mpv fom source. Use the stable binary builds.

Why? I've been building from source for almost 2 years now with only 2-3 issues in that time.

Anyone using mpv on android?

I'm thinking about swapping from MX Player Pro, but it has a strange bug -
Whenever I try to change the brightness it defaults to 50%, so if I'm at 0% watching something late at night and I try to put it to say, 5%, I go blind

And build for android kitkat?

I'm not sure sorry, I'm running 7.1.2

is there a way to deal with .cue files? if i open a .cue it plays all the tracks like if they were in an unique file

Am I the only one who still doesn't get what's supposed to be so different about windows that he needs a special config for it? mpv is cross-platform...

Yeah I don't understand the question either, I haven't needed anything special because I run Windows

He is just stupid.

try calling python3 ./waf instead of just ./waf

nothing?

shnsplit -f FILE.cue -t '%n-%t' -o flac *.flac

Is there a list of profiles somewhere? I'm trying to play something that's a bit difficult to play, and I want a profile that just sets everything to easy basically.

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/4933

What about it?

thx madshi. im excited too.

this one creates the tracks from the cue file

I want to play tracks from cue in mpv, if it's possible

as an exemple, I have this files:
album.flac
album.cue
can mpv split the album if I play the cue file?

another example
file1.flac
file2.flac
album.cue

in this case when you play the cue file, mpv plays the two files (file1 and file2) as they were one

I don't know. But I'm telling you that you're wasting your time. Just split the tracks and forget cuesheets ever existed. They do nothing but waste effort and time.

you're probably right

pleb here, how do I hide progress bar?
when I tried --no-osd-bar , the input ended up not working

Just found these:

github.com/RealDolos/mpv-setup
bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mpv-installer-nsis/downloads/

Why not make an official release with this installer?! It's literally one of the things people have been complaining about the most to get it easily in to Windows land.

>Why not make an official release with this installer?!
GL, user. I believe in u.

lol SVP is not to avoid banding, it's for those who love animated soap operas.

>official
The closest thing to an official installer that might ever happen is lachs0r's

guy replying is vlc dev lol

>plebbit
no one cares

Umm... everyone browses reddit nowadays sweetie.

S H O T S

F
I
R
E
D

>MPV
What?

The mingw64 version of python2 recently became a dependency for a package required to compile mpv according to the GitHub instructions. If you have that installed (pacman -Q) you have to use /usr/bin/python3 waf ... as only the msys version of python3 has been tested for compilation.

When I seek using the left/right arrow key on windows it seeks a full minute instead of the default 5 seconds it used to, what gives? Can anyone help?

Check your input.conf settings
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf#L43

seriously though I don't understand why normies don't like mpv. Just install and then double click the files and it works fine out of the box. With VLC you get shitty tearing by default, and slow seeking.

Is this file supposed to be in appdata? It's not there, should I create it? There's an mpv dir but it's empty

alright i created the file and it's back to the way it used to be now, cheers

Well, did you follow these threads... at all?
Even the people here prefer running an installer (where they have no idea what's happening, it could plant a crypto miner or install toolbars) to copying a folder.
When people on a technology board are like that, do you really wonder that other people prefer browsing submenus in submenus in submenus instead of writing "profile-gpu-hq" and finally watch their videos ffs?

I mean even then, normies don't configure shit, I can accept that. But why do people care about GUIs and shit? Do they really open VLC and then do `Open file...`? Do they do complex playlist management in VLC? I really don't get it.

This is my average VLC experience.It's like this on every single file I play. On mpv it seeks the second I click the mouse.

At least it has volume rocker!

How recent is that video?

and at the same time mpv devs are talking with the same guy in #videolan working out how to port mpv's tone mapping to VLC?

>Do they really open VLC and then do `Open file...`?
Yes, we actually had this discussion here multiple times and in mpv's issue tracker. There is a surprisingly large crowd of people preferring this to double clicking a file.

VLC people also showed interest in a potential libplacebo (name subject to change for a lib with all of mpv's rendering stuff).
The point is, these people value other things. Like, their video quality/rendering is objectively inferior, the scaling algorithms can't even remotely compete but it has a GUI that makes normies feel good. And that's what matters more - at least for them.

Not him but I will never understand this
I actually recommend MPV to a normie friend of mine because its portable, and he can't install VLC in his collage laptop
He likes it a lot, no configuration though

>I actually recommend MPV to a normie friend of mine because its portable, and he can't install VLC in his collage laptop
>He likes it a lot, no configuration though
My father's using OSX and I have him iina, a mpv frontend (but osx only). He's happy and it works

Yeah iina is awesome

mpv is great even without a configuration. As long as they get how to change audio/subtitles using the OSD they're golden. If you're feeling generous throw in a few keyboard shortcuts as well.

can somebody teach a newb how to install a frontend on windows like MPlayer